PDA

View Full Version : meetings other gals

Pokergal420
08-22-2010, 06:01 AM
There are so many people on here who post about going out with another cd friend. I just wanna know where do you meet? I have gone out a handful of times, and I the friendliest people are the girls working or the guys hitting on you. I barely see other cross dressers. I am going to the wrong places? I am in south florida. I am not that brave so I stay around the gay clubs in ft. lauderdale. I am in my mid 20's and would love to find other girls to hang out with especially closer to my age.

Kathryn Martin
08-22-2010, 06:05 AM
I have the same problem as you. I would like to find a group of gurls that I could hang out with at times. I will go to a meet next Friday and see what it's like. I am thrilled

Kathryn

Angel64
08-22-2010, 07:03 AM
I hope I could do it someday if I manage to do the makeup thing. I just can't figure it out. :confused:

Until then I will be faceless.

melissacd
08-22-2010, 07:42 AM
In my case I did a couple of things. I joined a cross dresser club in a city near where I live and went out to monthly dinners and three times annual week-ends that they held and I was a member of a number of transgender boards, like this one, and made friends with people whom I eventually met face to face. It is a challenge as there are of course no places designated for meeting cross dressers, but be persistent and you will find others close to you to get together with. The internet has been a wonderful resource in terms of making connections but as with all things internet, exercise a big measure of caution when meeting others that you meet online such as meeting in a public place, carrying a cell phone, letting others know where you are and when you are expected home etc...always take care but get yourself out there too and you will find the friends that you seek.

PretzelGirl
08-22-2010, 08:40 AM
I for one, am not into clubbing. So I agree with Melissa completely. You are meeting people here. Over time you will find that you hit it off with some people. Of course they have to be in your area, but if you think you want to meet them, then send them a private message and see if they are okay with meeting people (once you have 10 posts). This is probably one of those things that takes being here a while. It is a matter of building up your comfort zone to where you are ready to meet someone.

And CD groups are certainly a good way to meet others, that is a big part of what they are about! And you get so much more in acceptance and education.

The big thing is to be patient. You are asking to meet strangers and most of us in our "other" life don't rush friendships, they happen. So you probably want to keep the same approach here.

Gillian
08-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I'd love to get the courage to meet others too, again at the mid 40's clubbing is not really for me but I would be keen to meet at a sympathetic bar,,,,, sometime,,,,,,when I get my nerve

AKAMichelle
08-22-2010, 09:56 AM
This is why I setup the group in Denver and Colorado Springs. It is hard to find others. So I created a meetup group which tells you where different functions are happening along the front range. We have 33 members so far and would love to have more. Our meetup group tells you mostly about other groups meeting all over. That way you can always find the location and function to match your comfort level.

I would like to challenge others in some of these bigger cities to follow my lead and create other meetup groups. That way we can find other cd'ers and TS who don't necessarily come to this forum. Why should we feel alone?

AllieSF
08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I have met some very nice and fun people on this site. Once you start going out with a sister in crime yo can network to find additional compatible friends. It does take time and the social groups are another great way to start. Good luck.

juliecdfl
08-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Being from south florida as well, I can feel your pain on the trouble meeting other crossdressers. There use to be a cd bar just south of ft lauderdale but i believe it may have closed down. I think creating friendships on messageboards such as this one is your best bet.

linnea
08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Finding friends and opportunities that are safe can be really challenging. I've found a group in Montana, but I'm a week away from being able to attend one of their functions.

Pokergal420
08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Being from south florida as well, I can feel your pain on the trouble meeting other crossdressers. There use to be a cd bar just south of ft lauderdale but i believe it may have closed down. I think creating friendships on messageboards such as this one is your best bet.

It is back open again. Its called trixies, and its really sleazy. gross guys hit on you, and it is often dead and I have yet to see other cross dressers there. only the performers.

t-girlxsophie
08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I have always thought Nightclubs were the worse places to strike up a conversation and befriend anyone.
I went to a TV/TS support group when i first ventured out,and I was quickly made welcome by everyone there,and on my second visit i made friends with some of the girls,one in particular who quickly became my best friend,In the 9 years since i have had so much fun,and shared some great times with lots of friends,so i would recommend finding a group near you where you can meet other girls.

:hugs:Sophie x