PDA

View Full Version : almost screwed up bigtime up last nite

Danni Bear
08-22-2010, 07:02 PM
This is for all who go out. And I do mean all.

I went to Wally world last nite to do some quick shopping. I ahd been running around the biggest part of the day and had disabled the auto-lock feature on my Durango for convience and forgot about it. When I left Wally world and approaching my car,something just didn't feel right. Maybe it was intuitation or because I had reread tips for your safety sticky in the last couple of days I'm not sure. Anyway I left my cart right where it was and hurried back to the store where I called my husband. He and the police arrived at about the same time. Approaching my car they found a young thug hiding in the back floorboard. What could of happened if I had not felt that is not something I want to find out. Please remember that things happen, be aware, no matter if male or female, criminals and thugs strike anywhere and anytime. It is always better to err on the side of caution than risk injury or death.

Danni

Ashley_Marie
08-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Good thing you listened to that little voice inside. That kind of thing is why I don't go anyplace after dark, unless its the night I have to work. You just don't know who or what will be waiting for you when you get back to your car.

AllieSF
08-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Unbelievable! You are so lucky that you followed your intuition. Can you send some of that my way?

giuseppina
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Glad your are safe. Did the police deal with the clown in your vehicle?

It doesn't matter who you are. This kind of person will do this to anyone. :sad: I leave my car locked 99.9% of the time unless it is in the garage, which is very rare. Even if I am just going in to pay for dieseline.

KristinSkye
08-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh my God that's crazy...I'm glad your safe though. You've got one heck of a sixth sense.

Danni Bear
08-22-2010, 07:36 PM
yes they did and four others in the parking lot. part of a gang of young thugs running around. Danni

AKAMichelle
08-22-2010, 09:25 PM
WOW - you sure do have women's intuition. Good thing because it could have been ugly.

Christina Horton
08-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Your a hero for that ya know. You had 4 thugs taken to jail and protecting the public. Congrats hun well done!!!

Loni
08-22-2010, 10:31 PM
glad to hear you are ok, but the little thugs. need more than just jail time, they were out on bail before the cops were done with the paperwork.

in this area we have a saying

S,S,S.

shoot,
shovel,
shut up.

very low crime in this area.

not so just 20 miles away in the "city".

Melinda G
08-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Always trust your instincts. Years ago, we had a cop give a talk at PWP. He explained that our instincts are as good as animals. But when we ignore them, and think we are just being silly or scared, is when we get into trouble. If you feel something isn't right, act on it.

victoriamwilliams1
08-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow! I always say follow your first thought and be safe!

Ashleythenewgirl
08-24-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm glad you are safe Danni Bear. This is exactly why I have a concealed carry permit and carry a pistol everywhere. And I have taken about 40 hours of courses. I believe people should be able to protect themselves since bad people are so ready and willing to do bad things to good people.

tanyalynn51
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Please, please, everyone be careful!! It doesnt matter where you live anymore, or how safe you think you are. After living on the streets for 17 years, and working there now for 7, I have come to realize one thing. I live in one of the average parts of town- not great, but not bad, either. I am every bit as alert around where I live, as where I work. Not everyone you see is a predator, but they ARE everywhere. This may sound like paranoia, but it is life experience.

RADER
08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Glad your are OK.

I always lock my Tahoe with the lock button on the arm rest. By using that
instead of the remote to lock your car, the bad guys can't use a black box to unlock your car after you leave. That is what happened to a relative of mine last year. He locked his car with the remote as he was leaving the car in a
downtown parking garage. The thieves had a black box that can retrieve your remotes code, and then enter your car, and further start your car with the remote, then with a little more work, dis able the lock and drive away.
Rader

Emily_3
08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Glad your are OK.

I always lock my Tahoe with the lock button on the arm rest. By using that
instead of the remote to lock your car, the bad guys can't use a black box to unlock your car after you leave. That is what happened to a relative of mine last year. He locked his car with the remote as he was leaving the car in a
downtown parking garage. The thieves had a black box that can retrieve your remotes code, and then enter your car, and further start your car with the remote, then with a little more work, dis able the lock and drive away.
Rader

most new cars these days use a "rolling code" system in which once the fob button is pressed, even if it was scanned by a black box, the code retrieved would be useless, as the car locking system automatically changes the code after each press, also no code that was used before will work again.

Stacy L
08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm glad you are safe Danni Bear. This is exactly why I have a concealed carry permit and carry a pistol everywhere. And I have taken about 40 hours of courses. I believe people should be able to protect themselves since bad people are so ready and willing to do bad things to good people.:thumbsup:

Here in the United States you are responsible for your own safety, the POLICE have "NO AFFIRMATIVE DUTY" To Protect you.

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.

Also look up Castle Rock v. Gonzales, Bowers v. DeVito, and there are many more cases.

Everyone should be prepared and able to protect themselves, when seconds count the Police are minutes away.

I also am trained and carry, it's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Ashleythenewgirl
08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Stacy L brings up a very good point here. On a related note, the training I have received has also shown me that the police are not obligated to enter your house if you call about an intruder/home invasion.
I take personal protection very seriously and plan on getting a good handbag for carry.
Stacy I like the way you think. 100% agreement with you.