PDA

View Full Version : it din't wsh off

5150 Girl
08-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Now, I am a long haired guitar sling'n rocker, and most folks do know it. This fact will come in handy in just a minute...

Anywho, I had some "me" time the last couple days. I used my good Merl Norman eyeliner, and some of CoverGirl's better mascara. Neither one washed off in the shower this morning. I was, as usual, running a bit late for church, so I said to myself, why worry about it? I'm sick of hiding anyway.
I am a Deacon at my church, thus I have to interact with most of the congrigation. I didn't notice anyone stareing or anything. However, after the service, I passed by the Pastor's wife, and she exclaimed "OMG, I love your rock star guy-liner"
For a breif second I was like Hu??? but I was like "cool, thanks, ya oughtta see my guitar collocetion, 'cause I really am a rocker BTW, not just a poser." and she was like "ya, I know" "ah, cool" I said. then I went on about my buisness. For a moment it had crossed my mind to mention somting about beeing a good looking CDer to, butthere were to meany ohters arround, and I still had some locking up to do.

KristinSkye
08-22-2010, 09:17 PM
haha that's great, I love your on the fly response ;)

AKAMichelle
08-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Great cover story for the mascara. But just in case maybe you should buy some eye makeup remover.

Dee Baker
08-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Great cover story for the mascara. But just in case maybe you should buy some eye makeup remover.

Olay daily facials work great for me.

Loni
08-22-2010, 10:35 PM
try cold cream. (any brand will do the trick).
cheep been around forever, cause it works. :D

Schatten Lupus
08-22-2010, 10:56 PM
I have found that some types of lotions, even the cheap dollar store stuff, and Suave shampoo works very good for makeup removal.
But that is awesome. Especially coming from a pastor's wife.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-23-2010, 09:42 AM
clinique take the day off....

and great story!!!

Sophie86
08-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I use wipes. They're very good for getting along the edge of the lid without have to get a bunch of soapy lather in the eyes.

5150 Girl
08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
....I was, as usual, running a bit late for church, so I said to myself, why worry about it? I'm sick of hiding anyway.
However, after the service, I passed by the Pastor's wife, and she exclaimed "OMG, I love your rock star guy-liner"

Well,, like I said, my point wasn't so much how do I get this crap off in the future, as it was, I'm starting to sneek out in my last little tabooo aria. And also that the Pastor's wife noticed,a nd was cool about it. (sucks that he's only an interum Pastor)

Pythos
08-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Very very cool to read.

I think one of the most open minded, fun loving, non judgemental religious person I have met was the pastor of my friend's Lutheran church.

He and his wife had nothing negative to say about the stuff I openly wore. He was also a musician, mostly Jazz.

Guyliner...I really dislike that term. I just don't get why truly gender neutral terms like "eyeliner" is so hard to use when it comes to men.

Silliness.

5150 Girl
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow,, funny you should mention Luteran, because that's what i am to! How cool.

Kayla Shadows
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Thats funny.Some people do just take it as the rock,gothy style and not anything transgender related.All around I have a dark style and nobody says much about black nail polish or eyeliner..Except my nails have gotten pretty long..and if they really look into things there are other flags