PDA

View Full Version : Confidence and giving back!

KateW
08-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi girls,

In the time that I have been here, you have all massively helped in terms of my personal acceptance and development. In addition to this site, I am subscribed to several video blogs on Youtube that chart the progress of transgendered people as they deal with daily life and their own journey. I would absolutely LOVE to have the confidence to present myself to the world in my feminine persona, but confidence in my own appearance is still regrettably holding me back. While I have grasped the finer points of makeup and clothing, I'm still painfully aware of looking like a guy, despite my best efforts. Unless I got FFS, I think I may continue to think this way.

However, because the community has given SO much to me, and been more of a friend then my real life ones, I want to give something back. Therefore I have started writing a blog, which will share my experiences and personal development as I continue to take baby steps towards... me.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could read my blog (http://misskatewight.wordpress.com/) and provide feedback. The first installment is really just an introduction as to how I started crossdressing, but I hope it will grow to be of use to others as I include tips, advice and stories from my life.

Thanks for your time,

Kate x

StaceyJane
08-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi Kate, I read your blog and I think it's very good.
Keep us posted on your entries.

Stacey

KristinSkye
08-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Very cool Kate. I just finished reading your first entry and not only was it very well written and heart felt, but I was personally able to relate to some of your stories and it brought a smile to my face. I'm sure others will be able to relate in the same way as well.

Anyways, keep on writin' girl; good luck on your journey :hugs:

Ashleythenewgirl
08-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Very nice Kate- I think writing is an excellent pursuit as it helps yourself as well as others. Thanks for providing another safe place for us to visit.
Hugs!
Ashley

DanaR
08-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Hi Kate,

I just finished reading your first entry in your blog and look forward to more.

noeleena
08-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi. Kate,

I spos one detail is as youv said... self confidence ...In how you appear or look . as others see you.
So that then comes down to your self acceptance first .
How are you accepted by your work mates & friends . how do you see your self ,
You see some of us have details that would preclude us from even haveing real friends , well just haveing a few is good .
For me it would be more like putting up with me inspite of .
& some times it takes a long time to gain real friends. as we grow we get taught many things yet do we really get it, id have to say no.
Social skills i never had any & nore did i relate to men . in groups no i was gone.
I did not have a good time it was im here yet this is not the real me.
I was happy enough & enjoyed my work & did do things i liked yet just did not fit in .
& of cause you know that changed 12 years ago .

What really changed, i was allowed to be my self i was able to express my self as to who i was. i accepted that this is the real me the real person.

That has taken place & im accepted & with out ? hey i still have doughts with in my self & in doing things , or things i cant do.
So what im saying is first accept your self then get dressed up ,& go out its your own fear of your self , so you wont go out .

Well i wont go over what iv done just to say . my fear was not being accepted for who i am.
As to wether im male or female , that was not the issue , it was i cant be accepted. because i had 50 years of that. thats all gone. & i am accepted . in womens groups & a part of those groups . & as a member. a big difference . & change.
Your younger than i & have more going for you i dont have the looks yet no one cares. ,
oh i was going to say youv not put a pic up yet when you do you can show this kid up , im 63 & no way would i ever pass as a female yet im just accepted as a woman. so i see no reason why you should not go out .
& once you have youll wonder why you did not do it before.

.... Confidence comes by.... Doing .....

...noeleena...

Freddy12
08-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Kate,
I finished reading your blog and can't wait for more entries. I appreciate your willingness to take this step and let us know about your journey. Please continue. It's great. There is not one negative thing I can say about it!

KateW
08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow - thank you for all of your kind feedback and support! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the first installment.

My hope is that my blog (http://misskatewight.wordpress.com)can help others on their journey as all of you have helped me. I will get to work on Part 2!

Olivia2
08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Kate,

Thanks for your blog. As has been said it is a great way to get to reveal more about who we really are. Although your story is quite different from mine, it inspires me to perhaps try to journal my own story as a way of better self-knowing. Good fortune on your ongoing blog.

Olivia

KateW
08-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Hi girls,

Part 2 of my blog is now online at: http://misskatewight.wordpress.com

Hope you enjoy it!