PDA

View Full Version : drab vs pernille clothing

pernille d
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
i was just wondering if its just me or have any of you had the same thing that i am experinecing now and if so where am i going and what is next .

I work for a female clothing companyfull of smart designers/ sales etc and i am the only man and when i am at work , i am the least concerened about my looks and clothing and look a bit of a mess ( the girls tease me but thats ok ). As for pernille and my fem side i am sure you al know when i say we pay fine detail to our look . This is what worries me a bit as i cant go down the high street without stopping and looking in all the female clothing shop windows. last weekend i had to go and buy some male clothing and i came home empty handed as i was just not intersted,had no inspiration and could not be bothered to buy anything but her i am today wondering what dress or top i should by next .

what does this mean , is this just a phase or does it mean anything deeper , would love to hear from anyone that has experinced this situation and would like to know where it will lead me

LitaKelley
08-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I myself seem to have lost interest in shopping for male clothes as well..but whenever I'm in a store, I just have to look at skirts, lingerie, makeup and shoes..

Karinsamatha
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
For many months I have not purchased any male clothes for just about a year. Clothes for Karin well that's another story! :D
For me the road has taken me to a place where I don't, and haven't worn men's undies for about 6 months!
As for Karin she has good taist - far better then her male half.
I perdict that shoes, dresses, and of course acessories will be on the list! Have fun looking and shopping! :hugs:

Inna
08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Since you have experienced "her" now there is no turning back and just like any girl out there she wants out and yearns for freedom. Just go along with your heart, the worst is you gonna end up with lots of heels in the closet:)

pernille d
08-24-2010, 12:01 AM
worst is you gonna end up with lots of heels in the closet:)

that i can live with , what girl would not like a cupboard full of heels :)

Renee_E
08-24-2010, 05:43 AM
I never was interested in male attire. I find men"s clothing boring and utilitarian. There is little to chose from and the same basic line seems to return year after year. Only when the decide color is "in "do I find anything to shop for in the men"s section. Otherwise it is just go in and buy no need to shop.

Kathryn Martin
08-24-2010, 05:47 AM
I never was interested in male attire. I find men"s clothing boring and utilitarian. There is little to chose from and the same basic line seems to return year after year. Only when the decide color is "in "do I find anything to shop for in the men"s section. Otherwise it is just go in and buy no need to shop.

Wow this has always been my experience. Womens clothing is so much more interesting, colorful, textured, shaped, attractive. And don't even get me started on shoes.

Kathryn

Aeify
08-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Penny has never given a CRAP about how she dresses in drab. I give her flak for having a "uniform" that locks her male persona in our college years, but really I overstate that as jeans, tshirts and buttonups have been the standard for much longer, it's more how they get worn together. That being said, the more Penny comes out "to play" the more she is considering her "drab" dress. We are working together to make it completely androg but so far the most comfortable thing for her to wear "out" is skinny jeans. And thank the good lord for skinny jeans! Penny has fab legs which regular boy jeans just totally loose!!!

So celebrate this glorious age of fashion wether in drab or not, there are tons of more femme objects on the "boy" racks to have in your arsenal and loads of pure girly ones to put in as well.

Try it, you might like it. ;)

FanciJewel
08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
I haven't bought men's clothing in years. I still wear things that I bought 10 years ago.

Buying for Fanci, however is a different story. I bought a tunic top last week.

And, Pernille, I want your job!!!

Fanci

Gerrijerry
08-24-2010, 07:05 AM
I have to aggree with most here. I actually stopped buying male clothing a few years ago. Then started to wear female clothes more and more when in male mode. I kept telling myself that no one noticed and that it just looked about the same. No one ever said a thing to me. My wife of course did notice and told me people do notice. I believed no one would. Her comment was " I love you but if people notice when you are half dressed as a woman and half dressed as a male I would find it embaressing. Recently my wife desided to solve that problem. No more male clothes. I was sure people at work would say something even though I try to have the cloths at work as neutral as possible. I finally desided to ask one of the woman I work with if she liked my new shirt to see if I was really just fooling myself for a very long time. She told me my blouse and slacks looks very nice together, and was curious why I never wore skirts or dresses to work. Kind of told me a lot.

Tina B.
08-24-2010, 07:53 AM
It's been years since I bought myself anything new in the mens department, in fact I don't remember the last time I was even in there. But having a wonderful wife, she buys for him, while I shop for Tina. And thanks to her, I dress pretty good in drab, when I need to. This year I am going to have to go for shoes, it's the one thing I need to try on first, but who knows I may come home with something with a heel, (tall heel) instead, we'll see.
Tina B.

carrie-ann
08-24-2010, 08:17 AM
I haven't bought men's cloths for over a year. When I went 247 I donated all my me orbs to the VFW.

kimdl93
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
I seldom buy male things. My wife has purchased me a few shirts over the past couple of years, but that's about it.

EllieOPKS
08-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Maybe it would help to put a different twist on buying the mens clothes since you have to have them. Maybe it you look at them as to how well will they look and feel when I underdress with them on. Maybe how nuetral or uni you can go without having a zipper in the back. Just a thought cause when I shop for clothes the first thing I look at in the mirror is to see if there is a panty line. LOL!
Ellie

Pythos
08-24-2010, 10:39 AM
A little more than a week ago, I had to replace my 5 year old pair of jeans. I went to my favorite thrift stores and went to the jeans aisle, found some black ones, blue ones, grey. These thrift stores usually do no seperate things by gender, so mixed in these were leggings and skirts.

The jeans I got were much better fitting than my old baggy things, so something tells me they are "womens". Ironically the leggings I got have the word "mens" LOL.

I left with 4 pair of skinny jeans, the mens leggings,and a pair of black liquid look ones.

The whole lot was 60 bucks.

I went there with the intention of getting jeans that fit just a bit looser than my disco pant from American Apparel.

If they made those of a not so shiny material, I would wear those most of the time.