PDA

View Full Version : This may seem funny

Danni Bear
08-24-2010, 12:30 AM
But how many feel that dressing drab is crossdressing to them?

I know the idea is backwards but still the question remains. For myself I've been fem since 14 except for 4 yrs in navy.just courius how many others feel likewise.

Danni

Laura-uk
08-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Yea I know the feelin, coz dressing fem seems so right goin work the next day in male clothes feels odd

Imogen_Mann
08-24-2010, 03:21 AM
For me sadly, the prevalent clothing is male, and the 'other' wardrobe is the female one, so CD'ing for me is about female clothes.

Maybe one day something will change in my circumstances and my feelings will be different.

tanyalynn51
08-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Since I only dress totally drab for work, it is cd for me. I have been underdressing when going out for years, and always dressed at home.

Kathryn Martin
08-24-2010, 05:53 AM
I have never thought about it in this way. I know exactly what you mean and since dressing at home I find that going to work in male clothing really is not being who I am. It is kind of deviant

Tina B.
08-24-2010, 07:57 AM
No, i'm with Jayme on this one, even as much time as I spend dressed, being in the closet, still leaves me feeling that female clothing, is the cross side to dressing.
Down deep I feel like a guy in a dress, a happy guy, but a guy.
Tina B.

Gerrijerry
08-24-2010, 07:59 AM
oh so true

carrie-ann
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Very good point that's how I feel if I'm not dressed.

victoriamwilliams1
09-21-2010, 07:11 AM
I used to have that feeling when I would dress as Victoria every day after work. It was to the point where I began to walk like a woman when dressed in guy mode and I felt very uncomfortable in my guy clothes. Now I have found the balance between the two. Though I am very comfortable in a womans suit and hate them in guy mode!

Gina X
09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
I Don't have any M clothes, so no contest,

Love GinaX

Asako
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
The entirety of my wardrobe, save for bras, are male. I can't stand the clothes in the Women's Department at Bealls OR Wal-Mart. Brightly colored clothes are NOT my thing AT ALL. So, right now...guess you could say my "feminine" is CD and my "masculine" is drab but I'd have to disagree with it. =)

Phyliss
09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
If I found myself in a situation where I had to wear "guy" clothes, I'd have to go out and purchase some. Work pants (jeans) work shirts are ladies , dress trousers and shirts are also ladies, all shoes, be they for work casual or dress are womens, (not counting my heels) underclothing is most definetly ladies, including knee high socks.
Frankly, other than the single remaining male sport jacket, (only because I haven't found a substitute) all of my clothes are originally made for women.
So, I guess I'd be somehow thought of as reverse crossdressing if I were to wear ALL boy clothes

Mistybtm
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Wow that is a new way of putting it, I never thought of it that way but you are right.
When I am home I am always dressed how I feel as a woman 100% of the time the only time I am not is when I go to work. So witch time am I really cross dressing? When I go out or when I am at home? At home I feel I am my true self and dress that way. When I go out I can't wait to get back home to get comfortable again. This question is truly an eye opener. :Panda2:

Charleen
09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, When I have to go to work it's like putting on a costume now.

melissacd
10-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Absolutely, not a funny question at all. I dress much of the time femme so when I have to dress in male mode it feels like I am in the wrong clothes.

JohnH
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
All summer long in my unemployed state I was wearing denim skirts and dresses except to church and job interviews.

When the weather cooled down I started wearing plaid shirts and jeans for my morning walks. When I put them on for the first time I felt like I was cross-dressing to look like a man. That was a weird feeling.

Emily Ann Brown
10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
I hate dressing as him in the morning to go get a check. Feels weird.

Em

Sarah Michelle
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
On the one hand; isn't this a glass half full or half empty kind of question?
But alternatively; if cross-dressing is defined as wearing the clothes normally associated with the other gender, then a man cross-dresses when he wears women's clothes, and vice versa. Once you begin to think that as a man you are cross-dressing in male clothing, you have mentally shifted the gender that you identify with, and you are into the transgender arena. A subtle but significant difference, and a very important one to those who are transgender or transsexual. Personally my cross-dressing is not/never was sexually motivated or a fetish, but it has caused me to question my gender identity.
I'm a cross-dresser because I'm a man who wears women's clothing, but I am also coming to think of myself as a woman in a man's body.

Loni
10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
i would have to say yes.
i only dress in some what mostly male clothing...when required to. most of the time i am in a skirt.
i only keep male shorts around for the Dr's office..but then only when required.
if it was not for all of the t-shirts my mom has bought for me then that pile would be gone. Loni's clothing takes up 3/4 of the space.