PDA

View Full Version : My Return to Seattle From Los Angeles

Christy_M
08-24-2010, 05:02 PM
For those that read my post a week or so ago, I returned to Seattle between yesterday and today toally en femme (except stopping to change before I got to the house). It was incredible.

I used the women's facilities at the rest areas and I got gas every time. I strategically timed my gas purchases so as not to have to stop in Oregon so I made it from Yreka to Olympia on one tank.
I got hungry as I was approaching Sacramento and Bing'd LBGT friendly restaraunts and found a couple (Head Hunter Video Lounge and The Depot Video Lounge). I sat out front for 45 minutes trying to get enough hair on my sack to go in and ultimately drove off hungry...luckily I still had some leftover chicken in the car.

The feeling of being out totally en femme was amazing. I know I can't pass and certainly drew a number of stares but as I read somewhere else, I am built similar to a lumberjack and I have some marine corps emblems on my vehicle so maybe people weren't interested in saying anything. They didn't come into the restroom while I was in there.

There were a couple of men at a rest area just north of ashland oregon that I heard them say "check her out."

Someone else mentioned earlier about baby steps. Maybe next time I will try to get some pictures.

AKAMichelle
08-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds like an excellent start. That's baby step #1. Make us proud on baby step #2 :D

kimdl93
08-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Impressive and Inspiring. Its got me thinking about my next cross country trip....

Paulette
08-24-2010, 07:52 PM
You would not have had a problem with Headhunters or the Depot as both are very TG friendly. The River City Gems just held their monthly meeting at Headhunters which landed on the same night as the local art street fair. Everyone who attended had a good time and the crowd had a large number of straight folks in it as well. Now that you know the area you can go to we expect to see you out and about in the Sacramento area next time. BTW just down the street form the Headhunters is the Mercantile and across the street is Faces and Badlands, so you see there are many places to go and feel welcome.

Tranny Tee
08-24-2010, 09:06 PM
It is hard to go out when you are afraid of what people may think. I have decided that I have nothing to fear from someone I most likely will never see again. They are not likely to set the dogs loose after me.
FDR was talking about crossdressers when he said, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."
Go out have a good time, do not worry about what a gas station attendent in Roseburg, Oregon may think when he sees a crossdresser.

AllieSF
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
I have to second Paulette's recommendations for Headhunter and the surrounding other TG friendly bars. I have been out several times in Sacramento and have never had a problem. Congratulations on enjoying your drive home en femme.

linnea
08-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Very good for you! I have made similar trips, but I finally decided to just go ahead and get gas in Oregon (some may not know that you cannot pump your own gas there). And as far as the restrooms go, California, Oregon, and Washington are among the 13 states that have statutes allowing a person to use the restroom of the gender that that person is presenting. Still you have to smart about it, but at least you have some official protection.
The more you go out, the more you will become confident and feel at ease. I'm built like a football player (I did play in HS, college, and semi-pro), so I am familiar with some of the types of experiences you have written about.
Good luck with your future ventures.

Christy_M
08-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Thank you for all the support. I am really trying to come to grips with this whole thing and just taking it one experience at a time. The positive feedback and recommendations certainly help me get more comfortable. I greatly appreciate that.

StacyCD
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
The more you get out in public enfemme, the more comfortable you will be when you are out enfemme. I can't say you'll ever forget that you are dressed but you will stop worrying that everyone in the world is watching you. Enjoy!

Kerrylee61
08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
"I strategically timed my gas purchases so as not to have to stop in Oregon so I made it from Yreka to Olympia on one tank."

Ok, dumb question time here but I don't understand the comment regarding a gas stop in Oregon. Are there laws/issues related to crossdressing in Oregon????

Charolette time
08-26-2010, 01:08 PM
I have to second Paulette's recommendations for Headhunter and the surrounding other TG friendly bars. I have been out several times in Sacramento and have never had a problem. Congratulations on enjoying your drive home en femme.

I wish that Id known about headhunters back in the 60tys when stationed at Davis, Calif. military comm center,it was probly not there then, it was hard being in the Military and dressing up in the pretty things , and hiding all the ladies undies in my trunk, born to early in my life time,:eek: Charolette

Miss Misery
08-26-2010, 01:57 PM
"I strategically timed my gas purchases so as not to have to stop in Oregon so I made it from Yreka to Olympia on one tank."

Ok, dumb question time here but I don't understand the comment regarding a gas stop in Oregon. Are there laws/issues related to crossdressing in Oregon????

Oregon doesn't allow self-service at gas stations so you have to deal with an attendant.

Ellen Ross
08-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on your achievement.

... do not worry about what a gas station attendant in Roseburg, Oregon may think when he sees a crossdresser.

I agree. IMO, Oregon, especially Portland, is very CD friendly. Many a station attendant has seen me in various stages of gender. In fact I usually stop to get gas when dressed - partially or full - just to have some interaction with the outside world. I have often received a second look, but never once a bad comment.

Ellen

Christy_M
08-27-2010, 09:04 AM
it was hard being in the Military and dressing up in the pretty things , and hiding all the ladies undies in my trunk, born to early in my life time,:eek: Charolette

Girl, I can second that sentiment...being in the Marine Corps and trying to maintain some femininity with clothes or shaved legs or manuerisms - I don't want to go through that again. I guess in hindsight it is much easier than dealing with the SO's disapproval...

Kerrylee61
08-27-2010, 11:16 AM
And here I thought it was some issue with crossdressing. No self serve in Oregon, how bout that.

Kerry