PDA

View Full Version : Reality TV Crossdressing show

lacie
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Wouldn’t it be really cool if a producer would create a reality tv show about a house full of crossdressers? I picture it as having about 6 to 8 people sharing a house like the Real World series. As far as who would be picked I would leave that up to statistics and percentages. Maybe 5 are straight, 2 are bi, and one gay. I think it would be very informative for so many people and would not only educate but change many stereotypes about crossdressers. I can really see something like this being done and I think it would be a huge hit. Your thoughts?

Inna
08-24-2010, 06:29 PM
I am all for it, who do we contact!

Sally24
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I think alot of the time those shows are arranged to bring out the worst in people. I prefer we were presented in a better light. How about a bunch of T-girls on one team and a bunch of good ol'boys on the other. Now that would be interesting TV!!

Dee Baker
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Lacie,

Ever catch the program (He's a Lady), it premiered in October 2004 on TBS and ended early 2005.
I would love to have been a contestant on that show!

Dee

Lori31
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
It is a good idea. But like any reality show it would be scripted to the max. As soon as a reality show becomes scripted, it ceases to be reality.

gretchen_love
08-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Have you seen RuPaul's 'Drag Race'?

My Lady Marsea
08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=lacie;2245249]Wouldn’t it be really cool if a producer would create a reality tv show about a house full of crossdressers?Maybe 5 are straight, 2 are bi, and one gay.

Like how about a couple that are fulltime TG/TS? Whats the prize gonna be? Maybe a full new wardrobe for the CD contestants or a full FFS or SRS for the TG/TS contestant? Geez, if this isn't so totally an alphabet world or wutever I'm living in....what is? lol

skirtsuit
08-24-2010, 07:03 PM
The TV is stupid - just unplug it!

Ann / SS

KristinSkye
08-24-2010, 07:08 PM
I would watch it. Although the producers would probably pick a group of people completely incopatible with each other just to create drama :/

Alice Torn
08-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Dittos with Skirtsuit! Kill your tv! Radio and internet rule.

AKAMichelle
08-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I would hate to be in charge of casting. Where are you going to get the people to be on the show. Most cd'ers won't even go out side the house dressed. Much less live in a house having them filmed as cd'er for everyone to see.

Marissa
08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Lacie,

Ever catch the program (He's a Lady),
Dee

Dee, I remember this show but not sure if I ever watched it.

Have you seen RuPaul's 'Drag Race'?

Gretchen, something about 'Drag Race' that keeps me from watching a whole episode.. maybe due to it being extremely gay acting guys doing extreme makeup jobs and having catfights..so in a sense... 'drag queens' :D

Not sure if that makes sense.. drag queen shows are great since its girls with attitude putting on a show. Its the 'off stage' drama that turns me off.. :sad:

(no offense to drag queens)

So how about a "CD Bachalorette" show???? :daydreaming:

Season 1: One CD selecting Mr Right
Season 2: Mr Right selecting Ms Right (CD)
Season 3: Ms Right selecting Ms Right (CD)
Season 4: One CD selecting Ms Right

Start clipping the Roses.... :daydreaming:

Hugs,
Marissa

Olivia2
08-24-2010, 08:20 PM
There was another reality show called "Transamerican Love Story" featuring Calpernia Addams as a TG woman selecting one guy from a number of guys-kind of like a TG version of The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Personally, I think reality TV does the TG/CD community no favors and reality TV in general represents the beginning of the end of civilization as we know it-well maybe not but I still am no fan of reality television.

t-girlxsophie
08-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Here in the UK,the reality series Big Brother has through the years has had a few TG/TS/CD housemates and almost without exception they have been shown in a bad light,reality TV isn't the best place to try to educate ppl,clever editing will always be used to "entertain" the viewer,what we need is more documentarys showing people what we are about.Programmes like Transvestite Wifes which was seen on sky only last year,which was one of the most positive programmes I've seen regarding our community
:hugs:Sophie xx