PDA

View Full Version : To all you Southern Gals

Nikki A.
08-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I spent the past weekend in New Orleans and it was soooo hot and humid. I had some time to dress on Saturday night but it was still so humid I figured that I would never be able to even keep my make-up on (belive me this face needs make up).
How do all you souhern belles manage to keep looking so good?

KandisTX
08-25-2010, 10:25 AM
This particular southern belle does her best to not dress in the summer heat :) LOL. Living in Hot Humid Houston Texas makes the dressing times very short for some of us. When I was younger, I didn't mind putting up with the heat and humidity, but as I have gotten older, I have realized that personal comfort in the high tempuratures is paramount. ESPECIALLY after having four stints put in my heart and being on heart meds I have to watch my tempurature and avoid prolonged exposure to the heat. I tend to only dress in the cooler months, from say October through March, sure it's not that big of a window for dressing by comparison, but it works for me. :)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Tina B.
08-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I don't know how the southern girls do it, but I had the same problem, in Central Ca. The older I got the worst the heat bothered me, and I only dressed in the early morning. But I found the solution to my problem,now I dress year round, anytime of day or not. I moved to the northern coast of California where we stay between around 36 to the high 60's year round, with very few exceptions. Now the only way I get to wear shorts, or Minni's is to keep the heater on. But fall fashion can go on for ever it seems. Of course to leave here you have to except that your a long way from anywhere, and shopping is best done on line, unless you want to look like everyone else. We don't have a lot of shopping available here. And it's best to be retired, as employment opportunity's are limited. But the weather is great for being a dresser.
Tina B.

I am not a cross dresser, I am a happy dresser, I'm only cross when I can't dress!

Samantha B L
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm curious about those Southern Belles too. I lived in Naples Florida for about a year and I had family in Nashville,Atlanta,Tallahasee and Tampa for years where I would visit periodically. It really does seem like many Southern people are very annured to hot weather. Of course,as with the rest of the country,the buildings and houses built in the south since the fifties and the sixties all have air conditioning. But it's strange. I used to go to these local blues festivals where I lived in the midwest. There were always lots of people there from Memphis,New Orleans and Mississippi and there were always a few of them who were really duded up and in very hot sunny weather. As for me I was born and raised up north so don't dare turn that air conditioning off!

VickysBFF
08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm a native New Orleanian and I never dressed at home because of everyone knowing everyone else, not because of the heat.
We get used to it; you learn to dress appropriate to the weather and to schedule your days not to be outside during the hottest part of the day.
Snowballs help a lot; so does iced tea and of course staying indoors in air conditioning.

Jessica Who
08-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I try to walk the dogs before I get dressed, this way I don't have to go back out in that humid air, it's oppressing! Otherwise, I try to run from the Air Conditioning in my house to the Air Conditioning in my car! :)