PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Classes?

Sarasometimes
08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I am wondering about maybe taking an exercise class that is geared toward women but I don't think i would go dressed. Any suggestions and why? My thoughts are maybe Pilates, or an aerobics class but not at a gym? I would like to underdress or wear andro clothes. Is Zumba hard to learn? What are your experiences? my other option (easier and cheaper) is to just go running. An words of advice on what i could wear that is difficult to notice on a tired sweaty runner? Thanks, Sara

Chari
08-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Exercise is always good! Talk to an instructor about joining a class, but be honest with them as to your goal of doing more feminine exercises. Ask what type of clothing is required and class size. Hopefully you will find a class that is very accepting of your needs. There are many books available about doing womens exercises too. As for "just go running", wear whatever is comfortable for you as a gal or guy or a mix of both. Most people are too busy doing their workout to stop and stare at anyone else, and create a problem.

Daenna Paz
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Zumba is too much fun!
If you like Latin music, or like to move, it's a class for you!
I do the classes 2 - 3 times a week ... and I'm not the oldest person in there ;^)
The moves are fairly easy to pick up.

Stephenie S
08-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Exercise clothing is pretty androgynous. Unless your idea of exercise clothes is too OTT. Leave the bright pink leotard at home and skip the thong. Real women don't dress that way for exercise class anyway unless they are seventeen. Sweats or shorts and a T shirt are all that will be needed.

If I were you, I would not try to "underdress". Exercise classes can be rigorous and undrdressing can be uncomfortable, especially after an hour of sweating and panting. Wear a nice comfortable panty and a comfortable cami top. Unless you want EVERYONE to know you wear a bra (so what?) skip that item of apparel. It will be obvious to everone on the class that you are wearing a bra. You can't hide 'em unless you wear something like an outdoor coverall. So start slow and dress conservative at first. If want, you can always ratchet up your outfits as you get more comfortable in the class.

You need not out yourself at all. Just tell the insructor you want to work on your core and not bulk up your upper body. No one has to know your hobby.

Stephie

longdog
08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
The boot camp style class might interest you.. Its like a high pace, do push ups and crunches, as an instructor tells you what to do and for how long. These classes are normally a mix of females and males. I've done these before, it can be fun.

As for wear... Since you'll be moving so much and sweating, you probably might just want to go dressed as a guy as your shirt will probably fly up a couple of times if you wear a sports bra under it people will notice.

A t-shirt with guys gym shorts (slightly baggy with a 5 inch inseam or longer) (wear what ever underwear you want under), and you'll fit in. Anything really different from that and you'll start to stand out.

About wearing spandex shorts (bike shorts), most guys wear compression shorts under there shorts. A leotard/unitard will stand out and make you look weird to everyone.

The girls will probably be wearing a sports bra and spandex shorts or running shorts or spandex capri's.

CamillaCD
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
You could do as JamieG and I and take up ballet (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123328)

JaytoJillian
08-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I like running in a pair of "womens'" shorts by Nike. They are dark blue, soft, but made with plenty of spandex, so, the fit is stretchy/sexy, LoL. I also like working out in plain old spandex unisex bike shorts.

DarcyAnne
08-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I work out frequently in the aerobics, kickboxing and core classes, never a problem. I dress low key but in women's exercise gear. The girls are friendly and happy to see you aren't hitting on them, that you just want the workout too.