PDA

View Full Version : Telling our friend

Kathryn Martin
08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Today is an important day in my calendar. First of all it is Elizabeths birthday and we went out with a friend to a beautiful restaurant.

After the dinner, we went to the friends house and I explained to her that I am a gender bender, a crossdresser and transgender person. Her reaction was amazing. She told me that it was wonderful, that I could finally be all I am and that sh wanted to go shopping with me. She felt honored that I had told her. It made me feel better, because, believe me, I was nervous. Elizabeth was present (the friend is her best friend) and supported me. She is so grand and I am so fortunate.

Kathryn

AKAMichelle
08-25-2010, 10:23 PM
That's fantastic.

Elizabeth Martin
08-25-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm so proud of you Kathryn. :love:

Teri Jean
08-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Kathryn that is so great. You may have a shopping friend that can help give pointers.

Naru
08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
That's really great! Congratulations.

I have told my friends a bit about it and they seem to be fine with it. But there is one friend I haven't told yet and oddly enough she is the only girl friend I have. I told my guy friends and not the girl. I'm not sure why either. I feel like sharing with her out of excitement but all the same I'm afraid of her judgment. As if I would be intruding in on her gender or something. I dunno. I worry about random things like that.
Maybe I'll tell her one day and she'll have a similar reaction that your friend did.

Congrats again! :D

Kathryn Martin
08-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I am very happy that I had the opportunity to tell someone other than Elizabeth.

Teresa Ann
08-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Kathryn it sounds like ashopping trip for three, congratulations and keep us posted.

To all of you Girls, great stories like that make my day and I need all the cheering up that I can get . Thank you All

Miranda09
08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
That's great Kathryn..I know exactly how you feel. It's so nice when you can trust someone enough to let them in on a very personal aspect of your personality. Glad it went so well. ;)

ReneeT
08-26-2010, 10:00 PM
I am happy for you, Kathryn! Does anyone else get the impression that the Brits and Canadians have a more open and accepting perspective on things?

t-girlxsophie
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
A lovely,uplifting story,I'm sure the three of you will be run off your feet on your Shopping trips together:)

:hugs:Sophie xx