PDA

View Full Version : Cover Story

Sarah53
08-26-2010, 07:14 AM
A question for everyone. Do you have a cover story if something should happen where you will need to explain why you are wearing "ladies underwear" while dressed in your normal work clothes. My wife is concerned that our story of "I lost a bet" will not fly. Thoughts?

This is a lot of very good advice. Let me give a little more information.

I'm not worried about people at work seeing my undies. In my type of work I know when I can or can not wear panties or nylons under my street clothes. My wifes' concern is if I get hurt or something happens where I end up in the hospital. I personally don't care but she if freaking out a little.

kymmieLorain
08-26-2010, 07:26 AM
I have gotten to the point that I probaly would say yeah, So. And just go on with life.

Kymmie

Steph.TS
08-26-2010, 07:30 AM
I never thought of a cover story, I don't try to push my luck, I just wear low cut panties, maybe one day a bralette, I don't think I'd do more than that at work...

sonna
08-26-2010, 07:33 AM
pull your pants up maybe ? put on a belt nobody will see usually.

if that don't work , there is no good lie for that they mite
believe you the first time but when it happens again and
again they will come to their own conclusions

AKAMichelle
08-26-2010, 07:38 AM
I never thought of a story to tell. I think it is rather stupid. First off who is going to see my underwear at work unless I pull my pants down for them. If ever did find out, I would just tell them that I was wearing because I wanted to.

Karren H
08-26-2010, 07:51 AM
My cover story is and always has been "I like to crossdress". It was the first thing that blurted out of my mouth when my wife asked me whose skirts those were... And I've used it on numerous occasions at stores and guess what... It worked!! Really really well I might add!! They totally bought it!! :D

JenniferR771
08-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Karen's is right, LOL! I am a cd. I told my doctor and nurse and dentist--they all bought my story!
No problem. Partially shaved legs--no comments. And its the law--they cannot talk about their patients--confidentiallity you know.

Angie G
08-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't have one or need one. I'm leaning to I don't care what you think But I do keep them out of sight.:hugs:
Angie

JoanAz
08-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I guess the Dr will find out since I dont have Hair one below the neck,,I just like the comfort of Nylon & Spandex...:daydreaming:

:love:

Chickhe
08-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Use 1the "I crossdress" story, but with confidence in your voice...say it with any guilt or shame and you will become a target. Say it with conviction and the response will be soon forgotten.

One other thing, if you are a chicken... say, 'wife did the laundry and its the only clean pair I could find... I figured, it has two holes for legs and a big one for my body....so why not?

Annaliese
08-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I went to a Doctor once and did not think that I would have to disrobe, when he asked I just told him I like the feel! It was a Doctor I would never see again.

Ann Thomas
08-26-2010, 10:06 AM
No story here either - the truth is always best and the most powerful. I've told my doctor and others, and I hear from them that hospitals find unusual things under clothing so often now that they don't even bat an eye. Their concern is with caring for the patient and they don't let clothing distract them.

As far as work, well, I just don't worry about it either, even if I wear high rise pink lace panties and my pants slip down a bit when working on a machine. I don't let it change who I am - I'm there to work, and that's just too bad for them. It's all about confidence and what image you choose to portray.

Hugs,
Ann

neworleanssusan
08-26-2010, 11:32 AM
LOL... reminds me of an old joke. Two guys at the gym, and one of them is putting on pantyhose.

"He, Bill, when did you start wearing women's underwear?"

"Ever since my wife found 'em in the glove compartment of my car."

sometimes_miss
08-26-2010, 11:39 AM
<snip> And its the law--they cannot talk about their patients--confidentiality you know.

FYI: Just so you know.....that law is broken as often as the speed limits are, and usually within hearing distance of the general public. Doctors don't give a hoot who hears what they say when they're discussing their patients cases with another doctor (or anyone else, for that matter), intimate details get talked about in the halls, at meals, in elevators, etc.. Nurses, technical and secretarial staffs aren't any better. Sure, you can always sue them. But by then, the damage has been done. IF..you can figure out who told who, and when. Most of them don't really care one way or the other if we crossdress; and they figure no one else cares, either. That's the problem.

Mandy
08-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm still thinking of a excuse if I had to take my socks off, to reveal pink nailpolish on my toe nails:D:heehee:

Gerrijerry
08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
telling a story to a doctor will never be believed. My daugther is a doctor and has told me that she has seen many men dressed fully or partial in female clothes. As she told me and some of her doctor friends say. Who cares what you have on just tell me what is wrong so I can help you. A doctor takes counseling class as well during his or her training believe me we are nothing comparied to things that take place in a hospital or doctors office.

Rachel05
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I always used to think I would have a cover story and then I thought I was soooooo clever I didn't need one because goodness me was I careful - NOT!!!

So when my wife outed me, any story was going to be futile so I just held my hands up and said yes that is part of me that I need, no story just the truth

KlaireLarnia
08-26-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm still thinking of a excuse if I had to take my socks off, to reveal pink nailpolish on my toe nails:D:heehee:

Oddly that thought occurred to me today, while one of the girls at work was pealing off some nail polish off her fingers after it chipped and started talking about a French manicure. I asked what it was (trying to appear as an normal ignorant male who knows nothing about nail painting). As she was explaining and tell me what it was all that was running though my head was - if only you could look at my toes and see they are as pink as your top! :D

As for the underwear. I just wear long t-shirts and a tight belt. If anyone did see anything and asked if I was wearing women's underwear, I would probably answer "yes, and the problem is????" and know full well that there would be no sarcastic remark made to my face (behind my back I do not care about).

Klaire

Jamiegirl1
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
My cover story is and always has been "I like to crossdress". It was the first thing that blurted out of my mouth when my wife asked me whose skirts those were... And I've used it on numerous occasions at stores and guess what... It worked!! Really really well I might add!! They totally bought it!! :D

I agree Karren,and where have you been all summer?

Stephenie S
08-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Cover stories are never needed. No one will believe them anyway.

Doctors don't care, nurses don't care, EMTs don't care. Actually NOBODY cares except your spouse, your family, and maybe your pastor. For the rest of the world it's like, "Yeah, so?"

For some reason newbies never believe this, but those who have gone out soon discover that most people's reaction is nothing but a big yawn.

Stephie

kayegirl
08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Cover stories are never needed. No one will believe them anyway.

Doctors don't care, nurses don't care, EMTs don't care. Actually NOBODY cares except your spouse, your family, and maybe your pastor. For the rest of the world it's like, "Yeah, so?"

For some reason newbies never believe this, but those who have gone out soon discover that most people's reaction is nothing but a big yawn.

Stephie

Stephie is right, cover storys never ring true, so why bother? And if the accident occurs those guys and girls of the rescue services/hospitals are simply not fazed. They have seen it all before, you won't be the first, or the last.

JoannaCaroline
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe I missed something here but besides your wife, how would anyone know what underwear you are wearing?

JulieC
08-26-2010, 03:58 PM
A cover story is a great big blaring billboard telling the world "I don't accept myself" and/or "I'm terrified of what the world thinks"

In 99.9% of cases, what the world thinks has no effect on your life. As for self acceptance, I think we've all struggled with that along the way.

kimdl93
08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
If you end up in the ER, the least of their concerns will be your underwear. And I guarantee you, the EMTs, nurses and docs have seen everything. Besides, if you're in the ER you'll probably have other things on your mind as well.

Elsa Larson
08-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I recently had a similar situation regarding my nails.

Was talking with a lovely lady at a local singles dance when she asked if I was a guitarist.
"No," sez I, "why do you ask?"
"Because your nails are long," she replied.
"Oh, I'm a crossdresser," I responded without hesitation.
The conversation continued without a hitch.

SO, if asked why you're wearing panties, why not just admit that you're a crossdresser?

LitaKelley
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I love panties.. matter of factly, it's what paved the road for me to crossdressing.

Debb
08-26-2010, 08:17 PM
I've never really felt the need for an excuse ... I figure that if there's a reason that someone knows I wear womanly undies, then I've either got more problems than having to tell someone I like to CD (such as, I've landed in hospital), or I've got a good time ahead of me :D

Jason+
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't worry much about a cover story, although it's usually my nails that get me busted rather than someone seeing my panties. :D My answer to the did you lose a bet/ you must have daughters/ was your wife practicing style question has been the same every time. Nope they are that color because I wanted them to be.

Worrying about the what the doctor sees always seemed the same as the old adage of putting on clean ones just in case you are in an accident since if you are involved in an accident serious enough for you be at the hospital there is a better than average chance they aren't clean any more and in any event won't be the primary concern.

Jamie001
08-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Why do you need a story? Just say that you like wearing ladies underwear. What is the big deal, a lot of women wear boxer shorts and I will bet they don't make up stories.

A question for everyone. Do you have a cover story if something should happen where you will need to explain why you are wearing "ladies underwear" while dressed in your normal work clothes. My wife is concerned that our story of "I lost a bet" will not fly. Thoughts?

This is a lot of very good advice. Let me give a little more information.

I'm not worried about people at work seeing my undies. In my type of work I know when I can or can not wear panties or nylons under my street clothes. My wifes' concern is if I get hurt or something happens where I end up in the hospital. I personally don't care but she if freaking out a little.

Jamie001
08-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Why do you need an excuse? Just say that you like wearing nail polish. It is no different than having a tattoo or piercings.

Sarah53
08-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the good feedback.

I don't care who knows that I dress but I try and keep things calm by making sure that all involved are happy (which is my wife and myself).

Emma England
08-27-2010, 07:30 AM
I wear ladies underwear because they are pretty, look nice, feel nice, are quite often soft to touch.

What sane person would wear mens underwear (which I find disgusting!)?

Jennifer in CO
08-27-2010, 08:38 AM
shared on another post while back that I was at my Dr to pick up something and they wanted to do a quick checkup...and under my coat I was fully "dressed" (slacks, nice blouse, panties/bra). Nothing was said except by the nurse who loved my blouse! that said...what are you worried about?

Jenn