PDA

View Full Version : The Mall

Lisa Marie
08-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Is it just me but everytime I go to the mall its always so expensive even for just a skirt. I was at Famous today and I saw a skirt that cost 45 bucks to much for my pocketbook. Does anyone else agree that the mall is to expensive? Angie :thumbsdn:

michellejean
08-31-2005, 12:41 PM
yes susan you are right.the mall no.the salvation army yes the goodwill yes and the money i spend there might help some one else.now some times if i see a good sale on in a wal-mart i will buy from them. my highheels that is another thing. oh god i have to slap my self sometimes to keep from spending to much money on my heels.i have no since when i comes to buying heels.....michellejean(mrs.highheels) :)

Trish
08-31-2005, 12:42 PM
I only buy from the sale racks. Paying full price for anything seems out of line, when in a few weeks it will hit the sale rack, with at least 50% off.

tifftg
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
I too also look for sales. I do a lot of my shopping online at the outlet versions of my favorite stores. Eddie Bauer, Lands End, even JC Penney has an outlet. That last one works well as I can order the items and pick them up at the catalog desk at the store. I can study the items on line at my leisure, but then get in and out pretty quickly. Still need a certain amount of discretion in town.

I agree though I was shopping a few days ago in Atlanta at the Perimeter Mall, the retail price was just way too high for this girl.

Tiff

Maddie Knight
08-31-2005, 04:29 PM
I very rarely pay full price for clothes. Sales are the best way of buying, fasion moves soo fast that what is full price now will be half price in a couple of months.

Phoebe Reece
08-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Try shopping at some of the malls that specialize in having outlet stores in them. In the Atlanta area, Discover Mills is a good one.

Jesse69
08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I take my time shopping at thrift stores, Goodwill, Salvation Army, and the Village. Like one time I went to Lord & Taylor and wanted a real beautiful 3 pc pinstripe suit - but it was $289 - too expensive for me. Just yesterday I almost got the same thing! A beautiful pinstripe pants suit for $6 at Salvation Army! Interview suit quality. It must have been a store donation to Salvation Army which happens sometimes (the brand tags were ripped off). Now I just have to find a matching pinstripe skirt.

I think the most I ever paid was $207 for a 3pc suit from Casual Corner.

Karren H
08-31-2005, 09:32 PM
I never shop at the mall, I just like to go there!!! Target, TJ Maxx and Kohls!!!! Even K-mart has some nice things but depends on the store!!

Karren

Deanna2
08-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Shopping involves searching and malls can be the most exciting of places to search. Some girls have mentioned sales at various places and you can pick up some nice bargains.

I think the best opportunities though are the throwout bins and racks of boutiques that litter the malls. Very often you can be paying as low as ten cents on the original dollar the item was maked at.

MadisonLee
08-31-2005, 11:46 PM
I like to shop at Wal-Mart, Zellers, Sears, Avon for cloths and makeup. Salvation Army if there is anything that I like. Shoes would be at payless :) Only thing that would cost me a lot would be lingerie. I am 5'7 and a size 14 skirt size that is. I need to loose a little more wait or get a nice corset to fix that tummy :)

megan163
09-01-2005, 12:50 AM
I love the mall for just window shopping and for some clothing items off the clearance rack, but I agree it's otherwise really pricey. And last time I went I got sticker shock at the makeup counter. I wound up spending over $70 for just a day cream. The sales clerk was absolutely wonderful but she was suggesting all kinds of expensive cosmetics I never knew existed. Almost made appreciate more my simple and "minimal male grooming" by comparison :p

Emily Ann Brown
09-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Karren and I were talking about this a couple of days ago.

Daughter was a retail clothing regional manager and wife was a store manager, so I know this as fact. Stores say they must have 400% markup on their items....$5 marked up 400% is $20 right? Nope !!! They double it four times...$5 becomes $80. So when they have a 75% off sale, guess what? You're paying $20....a 400% profit. Crazy isn't it?!!!

I shop at KMart, WalMart, Kohl's, and anywhere that is WAY below mall prices.( I also raid my sister's closet...giggle giggle). Example....I went to a sale and bought Karren 7 pair of summer mules/sandals (okay, I bought me 4 pair as well).....$3 a pair !

Emily Ann

jessbcuzz
09-01-2005, 06:09 AM
I agree that the mall is so expensive. Even if I see something there I like, chances are I will find it on E-bay. K-mart is where I usually go. I do like alot of things in Old Navy stores, but since alot of the teeny boppers around here shop there, I don't feel comfortable going there. I never thought about the Goodwill. Hmmmmmm......