PDA

View Full Version : Boy were they confused

kellycan27
08-26-2010, 07:21 PM
I needed to have my orthodonic retainer adjusted. I had had it made while in
California. so I called and made an appointment with the orthodontisit ( here in Las vegas) who had put braces on my teeth when I was 12. I went in and filled out the paperwork for a new patient. When the Doctor came into the the exam room, he remarked about how nice my teeth look. I said I owe a lot of that to you. You did my braces when I was a kid. He smiled and left the room with my retainer. A minute later the receptionist came in and said that the doctor wanted her to pull my chart, but she couldn't find it. I said look under * *****. She left,came back a few minutes later and said.. that isn't you. I winked at her and said.. yes it is. :eek:
She looked at me and then at the pic of the 12 year old boy in the file, smiled and said thank you. When the doctor came back he too looked at my chart ( I am sure she had given him a heads up) looked at me...and said.. my have you have changed! i said yeah, a little. he fitted my retainer and said ok all done, next time.... you don't need to make an appointment, just bring your retainer in. I walked to the front desk and the recetionist said ... all done no charge! I laughed all the back to my car. I am sure that they were blown away, but they took it in stride like it was the most natural thing that they had ever seen. Kudos to them!

Kel

Sara Jessica
08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
That rocks Kelly!!!

AKAMichelle
08-26-2010, 07:35 PM
You made their whole day. Now they have something to talk about. :D

Barbara Dugan
08-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I think you made their whole week if not their month..I bet they are still scratching their heads:thumbsup:

TxKimberly
08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
I can only imagine! lol

rocketscientist
08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I'd LOVE to see the pic of the 12 y/o boy! Girls, who's with me? LOL Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

Cassandra Lynn
08-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanx for sharing that Kelly, is this the first time you've faced this kind of a situation? Your right though, you all handled it well.
Yeah, there was prolly an interesting conversation or two, after you had left.
mj (Cassie)

Tasha McIntyre
08-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Kudos to them!

And kudos to you for your confidence and great attitude Kel :)

AllieSF
08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
You laughed all the way back to the car with your "corrected' and "retained" smile. Thanks for the positive uplifting story. They should all be that way.

kellycan27
08-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I'd LOVE to see the pic of the 12 y/o boy! Girls, who's with me? LOL Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

The pic was in my chart.. I would be hard pressed to find a pic of myself as a boy ... at any age. i am sure my mom has some, but I am not opening up that can of worms :rofl:

Kel

Persephone
08-27-2010, 01:23 AM
he too looked at my chart ( I am sure she had given him a heads up) looked at me...and said.. my have you have changed! i said yeah, a little.

:) Oh, something tells me you sat up just a little straighter when you said that! :) I know I would have!!!

Hugs,
Persephone.

kellycan27
08-27-2010, 01:34 AM
:) Oh, something tells me you sat up just a little straighter when you said that! :) I know I would have!!!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Yup.. chest out back straight :heehee:

Andy66
08-27-2010, 02:01 AM
What a cute story, Kelly! :)

Ms Jennifer
08-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Excellent story and ending.I am sure that is a story to be retold in that office.

Gerrijerry
08-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Actually I give a lot of credit to the doctor and staff for teating you the way you should be treated. Maybe someday everyone will treat everyone with respect no matter how they look.

Fab Karen
08-27-2010, 05:03 AM
That office made the move into the 21st. Century.

DAVIDA
08-27-2010, 05:18 AM
I am a bit concerned about a dentist that takes pics of 12 year old boys.:eek:
I have never heard of pics being taken unless there was reconstruction work done to show "before and after".

Oh well, I'm sure that some do.
Yes, it is a nice story. Thanks for sharing!:)

Rianna Humble
08-27-2010, 05:19 AM
hank you for sharing that, Kelly. It gave me a smile because of their confusion then a big grin because of the way that you and they handled it.

I think the orthodontist must be a master of understatement.

erickka
08-27-2010, 05:39 AM
I'm sure they were shocked. A 12 y/o boy was the original person they had as a patient, and then now....a beautiful lady!

Kathi Lake
08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
I probably would have said something smart-alecky like, "Yeah, and to think that most people are unaware of the dangers of food additives" or something like that.

:)

Kathi

JulieC
08-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I was once in a conference on transgenderism, and a post SRS FtM presenter showed us a picture of him when he was a cute little girl in blond pig tails. The whole audience did a collective "awwwww!" and the overall reception to him as him now was extremely positive.

kellycan27
08-27-2010, 05:21 PM
I am a bit concerned about a dentist that takes pics of 12 year old boys.:eek:
I have never heard of pics being taken unless there was reconstruction work done to show "before and after".

Oh well, I'm sure that some do.
Yes, it is a nice story. Thanks for sharing!:)

The office was huge with 5 dentists. There was one huge room with about 20 dental chairs. When a patients chart was pulled the receptionist could simply look at the child's picture in the chart and address each by their name. Made it seem like they knew all of the patients on a first name basis. before and after pictures were also posted on a big wall, so new kids could see how they might also look after having their braces removed. It was always a fun experience ( for the most part) because the doctors and staff went the extra mile to personalize the kids. they even had games and contests for siblings and waiting patients. The place was still packed with kids and it's been 16 years since I was a patient. They must be doing something right

Christine Kelly
08-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Awesome story, Kelly.

docrobbysherry
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
I
and the recetionist said ... all done no charge!
Kel

"No charge?" C'mon! This is capitalistic center of the universe!:straightface:

kellycan27
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
"No charge?" C'mon! This is capitalistic center of the universe!:straightface:

Doc.... it took like 10 seconds to fix. A little good will goes a long way. Maybe one day I'll take my kids there..lol