PDA

View Full Version : Interesting what happens at the doctor

mattie
08-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I went to a clinic near our house last week and again had to 'come out' to the medical staff. The reason is that I'm currently taking two meds (under doctor care) for transgender care.

I'm not to the point yet where I go out in girl mode, so it's been interesting to me the responses I get from different doctors.

When I went into the clinic this time they asked me what I was taking the Spiro and Avodart for, and I told them "I'm transgender" and the nurse just said, 'oh okay' and that was that. The doctor came in, and was GREAT and didn't make any big deal out of it.

In the past when I've established a new PCP or whatever and they ask I've had a couple doctors ask what my birth sex was (I guess just to be sure), but other than that all doctors I've gone to have been very kind and professional about it.

Here I had spent all those years worrying about what it might be like to have to 'come out' in places like the doctors office; imagining horrible and embarrassing scenarios - and here my experience of actually doing it has been so boring and professional. :)

Mother always said I had an overactive imagination.

AllieSF
08-26-2010, 09:23 PM
You see that life goes on with or with out us. What we think is a big thing really isn't in the eyes of others. Keep up the great work, and relax to enjoy your transition. Thanks for sharing.

Cary
08-26-2010, 09:38 PM
You see that life goes on with or with out us. What we think is a big thing really isn't in the eyes of others. Keep up the great work, and relax to enjoy your transition. Thanks for sharing.

I second that! :)