PDA

View Full Version : Will a wig stay on at 70MPH?

LitaKelley
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I so badly want to ride my motorcycle while dressed as a woman. Will my wig stay on, or will it blow away?

Would the wind ruin the wig? Probably would, huh?

kellycan27
08-27-2010, 12:44 AM
No it won't and yes it would.. come off and probably tangle it beyound repair.
You could wear a helmet to keep it on or maybe a headband.. just don't turn your head to look at anything :heehee:

suzy1
08-27-2010, 02:14 AM
I have been riding motorcycles all my life including racing the things.
Don’t, I repeat don’t ride a bike without a crash helmet!!!!!!
I have seen the results of head injures. Not nice.

Stay safe, SUZY

Andy66
08-27-2010, 02:31 AM
It should be okay if you tuck it under a helmet. Otherwise you could end up looking like this...

(More importantly though, be safe!)

Sally24
08-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade but I visit long term care places in my travels and they are full of young guys with no ability to move. Almost all are the result of motorcycle crashes while not wearing a helmet.

On a brighter note, if you wear a sexy leather outfit, no one is going to be looking at your head.:devil:

danisin
08-27-2010, 06:24 AM
You will need to wear a helmet, In australia its like the LAW, we cant ride a push bike without wearing helmet. Come to think about, in AUS if you ride any wheeled device, be a Skateboard, Scooter, or rollerblades, it is compulsery to wear a helmet

I do not know how you intend to dress when you ride the moterbike, but i would also say that you will need to wear the leathers, for the same readon you need to wear a helmet. Its the Law

Fab Karen
08-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Two choices:
1) wear a helmet and avoid deadly injury to your head.
2) coat the inside of wig with gorilla glue & get used to your new look.

KristinSkye
08-27-2010, 07:13 AM
I won't lecture you on why its a good idea to wear a helmet; if it's not a law in your state like in Florida than it's your own personal choice IMO.

Having said as fun as it may be I wouldn't do it. Like Kelly said if it stayed on, by the end of the ride it would be so tangled you'd probably end up tossing it.

divamissz
08-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Regardless of the helmet issue (you should wear one), I doubt a wig would stay in place at speed, no matter how much you pinned it down. And it'd certainly end up a mess afterward.

Tracy_Victoria
08-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I so badly want to ride my motorcycle while dressed as a woman. Will my wig stay on, or will it blow away?

Would the wind ruin the wig? Probably would, huh?

Being logical, yes of course this can be done, you never seen Bird on a Wire, that sure is not Goldie hawn on the back of that bike.

Basically Wig clips are the answer, but you would need quite a few in place to hold a long wig on firmly and you would need to have hair to clip them to, too.

However having been dumped of a bike twice at over a ton:brolleyes: I don't recomend riding with out one, if fact i would nt be here, but for wearing one!!!

Have a read of this re the clips

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111143

A straight wig, might take the punishment, so a short bust

eluuzion
08-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Ah ha!

A great opportunity for a live experiment, just like Mr. Wizard told us we would face in the real world...:)

Let's see...oh, I know...

A gallon of water weighs about 8.3 pounds, which is roughly the weight of the average human head. So, you just buy a gallon of water in that typical "plastic" container. Then place your wig on top of the jug of water, securing it with an elastic "hair band". Paint some eyes, nose and a mouth to make the experiment realistic.

Now go out on the highway,(make sure no traffic is close behind). Then level your vehicle speed to a constant 70mph and hold the "head" out the window of your car. Wait about 10 seconds and observe results. Now, drop the head onto the pavement. Turn around at the next road and return to the "test site" and record results.

This should give you a realistic estimate of what you will look like. If it looks acceptable...put on your wig and hit the road (literally)...:heehee::D:heehee:

Be sure and update us...(or have a friend do it for you).

Isn't science fun!! Wheeeeeee...~

Good Luck !!

Of course, I am just kidd'in with ya'...!

You should really use chocolate milk... hehe...

lol

:love::D:love:

Kate Simmons
08-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Just make sure your head scarf is on really tight.:)

noeleena
08-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi.

Oh dear Denise You beat me to it .
im the girl who wears the scarf & yes on the moter bikes we have helmets or skid lids as we use to call them in the 60 s . hard enough as it is just holding on the handle bars let alone hair & then with a 60 knot head wind .
For a bit of fun go for it , really not worth the hassle after. a bad hair day after.

...noeleena...

Sally24
08-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Of course, I am just kidd'in with ya'...!

You should really use chocolate milk... hehe...lol

If you want to get more accurate I would go with Strawberry milk! :heehee:

Julogden
08-28-2010, 08:41 AM
If you use enough super glue, in the right places, it should stay on. ;)

Seriously, wear a helmet. I've known maybe 6 or 7 people in my lifetime who were avid motorcyclists, and all but one of them has ended up in the hospital at least once as a result of a serious cycling accident and at least 2 of them are alive today only because they were wearing a helmet.

Carol

kayegirl
08-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Not that I ride a motorbike anymore, but I do drive in my sportscar with the top down as much as I can. All I can say is that the wig stays in place at speeds well in excess of the legal maximum (70mph in the UK), but it does kind of make it messy. Solution for me, a baseball cap, which also doubles as a sun visor. Solution for bikers WEAR THE HELMET, and I include pedal cyclists in that.

Take care on them wheels

Bernadina
08-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Your wig wouldn't have any problems here in BC. The cops would probably arrest you for not having a helmet before you got your bike started.

Now if you could convince them that the wig was actually a helmet with hair decorations...

Ruby John
08-28-2010, 06:30 PM
All you bike riders should look at this. http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=21816 Ruby

AKAMichelle
08-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I have driven a convertible with a wig on but the wind blows differently in a car than a motorcycle.

Sallee
08-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Are your organs, eyes, liver, kidneys, etc. in good shape then go ahead and ride without a helmet people need those organs

Chickhe
08-29-2010, 12:36 AM
You can do anything you want... just remember 90% of bike deaths are the fault of the other driver. 10% are caused by your wig getting in your eyes...

Emme
08-29-2010, 01:50 AM
If you use Salon Pro Lace wig Bond and a lace wig, you can ride your bike with a helmet and when you take off the helmet your hair will be in place. It may need a brush...but it will be there!

This stuff works! I also use it to glue my left great toe nail in place. Lost it to a podiatris.
It stay for up to a week. Crazy glue holds the nail (to skin)for only a couple days.

Buy a brush.. WEAR YOUR HELMET!

lisalove
08-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm all for wearing a helmet if it's yoyr choice and not the government's rules, but I'd like to point out that it was the helmet the killed two very close friends of mine. On two totally seperate wrecks, the helmet strap cut the throat of each of them. Sure quite possibly the lack of helmet may have killed them too, but we will never know. I do know one of them said he didn't see the car coming because the helmet blocked his view. He was T boned by a drunk driver who ran a red light. He died of his injuries in the ICU 3 days later.

Loni
08-29-2010, 02:26 AM
ever seen helmet hair from a cycling helmet.
good for some laughs. :heehee:
but if you ride a motorcycle please wear a helmet at all times. :straightface:
it will just press your hair flat. not so good for the looks.

Danielle Gee
08-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Lita: At the risk of sounding redundent, I'm going to weigh in on the side of the "Always WEAR A HELMET" group.

Mine saved my life...I won't bore you with the details but if you're interested you can read my story .in the ""Health Issues" section.

Remember we all love you and don't want to hear of you getting hurt!!!

Danielle:eek:

Gillian
08-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Are your organs, eyes, liver, kidneys, etc. in good shape then go ahead and ride without a helmet people need those organs

Gag Nabbit beaten to the punchline, in the UK we have an upsurge of BAMBI's or Born Again Middle-age Biker Idiots, the Police of whom I have a few friends there-in call them all Organ Doners, and that is with full protection, yes it must be amazing to do the whole Easy Rider thing with no skid lid, but it is far too easy to become Easy Stretcher!

linnea
08-29-2010, 08:04 AM
You've got lots of advice about the wig, and apparently there are ways to do it. Just be sure to put a helmet on over it.

LitaKelley
08-29-2010, 09:30 AM
:brolleyes: Not trying to be a drama queen, but I didn't ask for opinions on helmets. I know you're all right to suggest I should wear one, so I'm not going to argue with you over it.

So, if my motorcycle was a jet ski, how will the wind affect my wig?

What if it was one of those fast spinny, twirly, rushing around carnival rides? OH my.. hope that ride don't go upside down and expose me.. EEK.

How about in a very fast boat?

Will it stay on skiing down hill at 80+MPH, again without a helmet.. oh, but wait a minute..maybe my goggles will hold it in place.

So, I went to a wig store and consulted with them.. and they sold me wig tape.. but they could not tell me if the wig can withstand the wind since I did not remember the manufacturer name.

Yes, I'm aware it would become messy, but will it remain intact and useable.. Just like real hair, would I be able to fix the messy hair afterwards, or do you think it would be destroyed?

Celeste
08-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes,it will ruin it,if you manage to get it detangled,it will never be the same.It will frizz out and resemble a rats nest.I'd try it with a cheap throw away wig maybe,but not anything I wanted to keep.

LitaKelley
08-29-2010, 09:46 AM
well then.. guess I won't be trying this then, lol.. wigs are expensive

Ashley Devon
08-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Try tying a scarf over the wig. But if you really care about the wig just don't wear it at 70 mph.

Alice Torn
08-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Washington state has a helmet law. I just moved to Illinois, and I notice most riderss, and passengers don't wear helmets, at least in this county. I have a friend, who says a large helmet can break your neck, in a fall. I would side with a helmet. My mom was a nurse, and said she saw many cracked heads, from bikers not using helmets. I use a helmet riding my bicycle.