PDA

View Full Version : Do you know a drag artist ? cos i need their help

sophieuk
08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi all,
god, its been a long time since ive been here. had so much to do. i got married in may to a amazing, wonderful lady.
well, know i need ya help. tracy is putting on a LADYS night. She asked me to be the drag artist. Now, normally, tracy loves me in just some sexy skirt etc but for now, she's letting me go full out, lol. But, i need advice on how best to be a good stand up drag artist. any help in the right area would be great. ALL money from tickets go to charity. Evengot the venue for free, wow

x sophieuk:):)

Evangeline
08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
I know one but he is up to his eyballs running two pubs, is it just stand up comedy routine or are you going to throw some singing(mime) in aswell,any idea of age of audience?

DonnaT
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I've know a couple, but couldn't get them here to give advice. No email contact.

But knowing them, they'd tell you, lip syncing ad moving with the music takes practice practice practice.

Check youtube for ideas.

At the club, they start on stage, and then move into the audience to collect the dollar bills offered. Practice that as well - singing, eye contact, keep moving.

Think about two or three costume changes and songs to go with them.

JenniferR771
08-28-2010, 09:18 PM
For example, here is a link to a great one. Michael Holmes, The Judy show. It would help if you had a great voice and could dance.
http://www.thejudyshow.com/

Some great dresses and wigs would be nice.

sophieuk
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Well, thanks for the advice. age group is from 18 up wards. i can sing as female really good. kate bush my fav. lip sink not a problem. As there will be strippers on stage, im filling inbetween.

sophieuk
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
stand up and also singing