PDA

View Full Version : Plan for coming out

Steph.TS
08-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm looking at doing more and more shopping for clothing that actually women's clothing but can easily be mistaken for men's, with time I hop to online be wearing women's clothing (and a few very fem clothing for private dressing time) then I'm hoping to explain to my mom (she seems to understand me best I think) try to explain why I don't think it's a sin, and ask if she noticed my clothing lately, hopefully she'll think it was all men's clothing and I pass as male outside the house.

I would love to be more fem outside but I don't want to rock the boat, with friends, family, or co-workers... I honestly don't know if I can handle the rejection and other issues that could happen. (I don't want to think of if all possibilities, but the spirit of everything would ultimately be rejection)

The kicker is I just don't know if my desire to be a woman is strong enough to withstand the possible rejection I could receive if they saw me looking more and more womanly... But the desire to be a woman is definitely there...

Rianna Humble
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi Jen, the clothing could be a good way to ease into it. There is a sticky called How to tell your partner http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13841 which you might like to use to help you prepare for telling your mum. I found it very helpful when I was getting ready to come out to my father.

One word of caution though I hope it is not needed - when confronted with any big news about their child, a lot of parents can have the reaction "OMG, where did I go wrong?" - to forestall this with my dad, I led in gently by saying "I have always known that there was something different about me" and by stressing that this wasn't anything my dad could have done anything about.

It worked for me, I'll leave you to decide whether a similar approach might work for you. I want to wish you very good luck however you choose to tell your mum.