PDA

View Full Version : A Model for All of Us

connie23
08-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi,
Last Saturday I went to a shopping center in McLean VA and as I was parking, I saw a really pretty girl get out of her car and thought, "wow, she is really well dressed". Then I noticed that she was pretty tall and had great strong legs even though she was really slender.
I thought nothing of it and went about me business. A little later, I went into DSW to lool for some new shoes and there she was, looking at size 11 sale shoes. I looked closer without being rude and noticed that she one of us. Oh my -- what class.
She spoke with some of the sales people, tried on several pairs of shoes and then left. I realy wish that I could have at least told her how pretty she looked but I was chicken.
She did us all proud -- dressed in a really pretty outfit, drawing positive attention and showing everyone how it can be possible to be a CD and also be classy.
If you are reading this, I think you are really special, and I am going to do my best to be proud of who I am and show it by being a classy "woman".
Sincerely,
Connie

Julogden
08-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi Connie,

I recently had a similar experience. When stopping in at a popular, local pancake house, I noticed that one of the hostesses that shows people to their table was very tall, maybe 6' tall but wearing 4" heels, very slender and was dressed and made-up really nicely, even wore sheer hose, a really pretty and statuesque young woman. I stole a quick glance at her neck, and sure enough, she had a prominent Adam's apple. While she didn't seat us, someone else did, but she later on stopped at our table briefly to ask how things were going, and I'd say that her voice was definitely a touch masculine, and cracked briefly when she first started talking, so I'm pretty sure that she's a MTF TG or TS.

Very cool, as this is in the very conservative south suburbs of Chicago, not in the city. And there's also a very obvious MTF T-person, maybe a drag queen, working at one of the local drugstores too. In the days of my youth, I never dreamed that acceptance would reach these levels in my lifetime.

I also occasionally see MTF CD's out and about here, always a kick to see that. While I'd love to approach them to make a friend, I've resisted in order to not fluster them.

Carol

Inna
08-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I suppose we might encounter a lot of transsexual persons in our daily voyages and never notice for some of them are just so perfect in their transition it is virtually indistinguishable from norm. Most of us, I think, tend to gravitate toward such absolute but as you have said it, the most important during the process is to gain respect by being utmost proper in presentation. If we show that we are respectful of our surroundings I believe same will come back to us, maybe it is just a wishful thinking on my part but it doesn't hurt to try.

AllieSF
08-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I like this story and how you put it. There are the flag wavers, bra burners, protesters, and all the way across the spectrum to the stay at homer's who live life with other priorities. All that is good and necessary because things can happen in a balanced way. For us to get our message out there to be better accepted and recognized for the rights that we have and should have, we need this broad mix of all of us. I am somewhat like the lady, though not as attractive, in the shoe store. I go out and just be myself dressed as Allie. I interact with others the same as if I was in male mode thereby setting a good example as one of the troops on the ground in front of others. We all have our part to play, big or small.

linnea
08-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice experience; thanks for sharing it.

DianeDeBris
08-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi Connie - that was a lovely experience and we all have enjoyed hearing about it -- the young woman did us all proud -- and so, FWIW, did you, when you chose not to approach her about "being one of us" -- there has been a lot of discussion on this topic, and the consensus I believe is that it's preferable not to take the chance of spoiling someone's lovely day by (in effect) telling them they've been read, even where the intentions are entirely good and kind -- so thanks for sharing, and attagirl for allowing the young woman to enjoy her outing unhindered. Hugs - Diane

Faith_G
08-28-2010, 10:05 PM
We are everywhere! :D

Sounds menacing, doesn't it? :devil:

connie23
08-28-2010, 11:12 PM
As I read all of the replies, I realize it is not about how I feel. It is about all of us. It is about being accepted and about being who we are. I am humbled.

Thank you,
Hugs,
Connie

DianeDeBris
08-29-2010, 02:11 AM
"It is about all of us."

Hi Sweetie -- You have so wonderfully captured what dozens of us have felt, even if we haven't been able to articulate it -- it truly *is* about all of us -- we are sisters, we all share the desire (no, the actual *need*) to be the women we inherently are -- when I perceive myself as merely a male, I am an isolated individual, whose existence and flowering are simply not relevant to the world -- but when I recognize myself as a female, I am a part of a huge web of sentient, feeling beings who care profoundly about each other -- it humbles me and thrills me to be your sister! Hugs -- Diane

Danielle Gee
08-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Connie: I also saw a CDer in a pancake house. It was couple of years ago. Unlike your "Class Act" I acted inappropriatly (excessive staring) and made her very uncomfortable. Her and her companion left abruuptly, and I've always felt guilty about it.

I did however learn a lesson, and vowed never make anothr human "uncomfortable" by my actions!!!

Danielle