PDA

View Full Version : Finally told S.O. - whew!

Pandora
08-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Haven't posted in a long time here. Haven't dressed in 2 years either since starting a relationship. After joining here and reading so much good info I vowed to tell my next GF early in the relationship about who I am. Unfortunately it took me 2 freakin years, but last night I finally did it. Things have definitely changed and I don't know what will happen to the relationship, but she has been supportive and understanding so far. Just trying to process it all. We have much to work on but the burden of never telling anyone about my CD urges has finally been lifted.

No comments necessary, just wanted to share a bit with those who understand.

Thanks to all :bighug:

KristinSkye
08-28-2010, 01:44 PM
OH...you're gonna get comments :P I'll keep mine short for ya though:

Congratulations and I wish you and your GF the best of luck going forward :hugs:

Inna
08-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, this is not a comment aether, congrats! It's good to be out!

AllieSF
08-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Congratulations and I do hope that only good things come out of your "Pandora's box".

Mandy
08-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Well done on coming out, this is a hard thing to do, especialy to the ones you love.

Please take things steady:hugs: Wish you both well :)

Tomara
08-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Congratulations !
I wish you both the best of luck in your relationship.
Tomara

AKAMichelle
08-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Hopefully it will work out perfectly for you

linnea
08-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Congratulations! Good luck! Go slowly! Keep a positive attitude!

I did this with my grown children and my wife in the last year after over fifty years of crossdressing and secrecy--I has been a great relief and for the most part a wonderful experience.

Ashleythenewgirl
08-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Pandora,
congrats and I am very happy for you. I sincerely hope things go well for you and your SO. I just did the same thing with my wife and I can relate.
Hugs!
Ashley

RADER
08-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Pandora;
Good luck on the days ahead. As others said above, Take It Slow.
Wish you well. Rader :)

Marcia Blue
08-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Congrats and remember baby steps. Best of luck.
Hugs,

Sallee
08-28-2010, 06:08 PM
You will take your relationship to the next level what ever that level is Congratulations! Not so hard really was it.

BRANDYJ
08-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Love hearing this! Cograts to you Pandora. I too wish you and your girlfriend the very best. Isn't being open and honest the very best for a couple? I can sense what a burden you have taken off your shoulders. I have to go some years, but clearly remember telling my then girlfriend. What a relief it was!

Pandora
08-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks all. I'll be searching again for some good resources since she has a million questions. Any suggestions are welcome.

Not sure what will happen, but whatever the outcome is I will be ok knowing the truth had the final say in things.

This forum is a big part of me getting to this point, so again, thanks to all. :bighug:

Sarah Doepner
08-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Congrats and good luck, now the real work begins! I'm sure that with a positive attitude and a willingness to discuss things you will be successful.

PretzelGirl
08-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Good for you Pandora. There is nothing easy about this, but go with her flow and you may be greatly rewarded. Best of luck!

Tara1967
08-28-2010, 11:56 PM
well you have done the right step in letting your wife know. Let's see how it goes from here. keep us posted.

Shananigans
08-29-2010, 03:13 AM
And, living a lie! Congrats on being true to yourself and I hope you two have fun.

Marcia Blue
08-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Pandora, I would recomend that you introduce your GF to this site. The FAB forum is for GGs in her situation. My wife joined, after I told her I was a CD, and she did admit it was very helpful.

sissystephanie
08-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Pandora, my sincere congratulations to you for telling all. My late wife and I had almost 50 years of happiness together with her knowing the entire time that I was a CD! The suggestion was made by someone else that your SO join the forum for GG's and I would second that. It really would help both of you!

Di
08-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks all. I'll be searching again for some good resources since she has a million questions. Any suggestions are welcome.

Not sure what will happen, but whatever the outcome is I will be ok knowing the truth had the final say in things.

This forum is a big part of me getting to this point, so again, thanks to all. :bighug:

Congrats:hugs: if you want to tell her about Fab....we can help her.

Pandora
08-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks again for all the the advice and kind words (and for the PM Sarah). FAB sounds good and I think she might be open to it. Not just yet though, but soon. So far she is still here and willing to at least learn and understand. That's all I could hope for. Whether we stay together or not and even though it took a bit too long for me to tell her, I feel really relieved that I was able to do it before it was too late. She's the only person I've ever told (other than the wonderful people here!) so it was especially hard. But her response has been great. She has a heart of pure gold.

Naomi Rayne
08-30-2010, 10:31 PM
When i told my GF this is exactly what happened. She was accepting enough to learn and delve into things with me and we took things one step at a time. I only showed and talk about things to her as much as she wanted to see and know. So i wish you and your GF the best of luck and i hope it all works out

Lady Joan
08-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Congratulation:hugs:

Best advise I can give as a GG is communication and honesty, and have her sign up here as well. She can ask other GG's questions she may not want to ask you.

I met my SO as a girl, and just knew it was right. Even being in the lifestyle, I had a ton of questions as well and am still asking and learning more all the time.

Tasha McIntyre
08-31-2010, 02:41 AM
Good for you Pandora. I wish I could have told my wife after only 2 years and not the 8 years that it did take :doh:.

All you can do now is acknowledge and appreciate her acceptance, that's a great place to start from. I'm sure you will answer the inevitable questions honestly and openly.

Good luck

Tash :)

Christina Horton
09-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Go slow go slow go slow!!!! I have read way too many threads lately where the SO is ok at first then does a 180 turn around. Make sure she knows you don't want anything to do with srs or men. Don't bring up CDing only let her. Etc. Good luck.

Pandora
09-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I have read way too many threads lately where the SO is ok at first then does a 180 turn around.

I've heard this too and am ready for this possibility. For me it was just more important to get the truth out, no matter the consequences. It's stressing a bit but still better than keeping it bottled up.

Make sure she knows you don't want anything to do with srs or men. Don't bring up CDing only let her. Etc. Good luck.

Thanks. These were pretty much the first things covered as she had/has lots of questions.