PDA

View Full Version : Are You Two Different People?

Niki-
08-28-2010, 03:22 PM
... I'm not talking split personalities here.

Crossdresser, tranny, whatever you label you've placed on yourself, when it's "her" time, do you find that you are conscious about the way you behave and present yourself, or does your sub-conscious kick in and it's a natural uninhibited change in how you behave and present yourself?

... or is there no change at all from guy to girl mode?

Walking, talking, mannerisms, etc is not what I'm curious about. Think more along the lines of personality.

For me personally, I think Niki and "him" share some traits, but are definitely two different people. He is quiet/shy while taking everything in, but once comfortable opens up, and holds conversations. But not a guy who enters a room, commanding attention and acting like an idiot. "Niki" is still quiet/shy, but gets attention in a room without seeking it and is more like a guys girl... the one of a couple girls in a group of guys that is quite feminine, but can definitely take care of herself and drink the boys under the table. :drink:

I find it interesting that there's things "he" wouldn't do, but Niki would do in a heartbeat.

Just curious if this is less common, 50/50, or more common amongst us as it has come up in conversation a few times with friends.

sherib
08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Although I'm in the closet and my wife dosen't approve of participate she said my personality change when I'm in my female mode. Sometimes I can feel the change, sometimes it just feels right.

Ashley_Marie
08-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Once upon a time I could see a change in my personality, now I think both Gabrielle and him have merged into one person and when I get dressed it ends up just feeling right.

holly_n_ok
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Totally seperate and different people. I act and feel so different when Im Holly. In boy mode I never look at other guys or have feeling of wanting to be with one but holly has had those thoughts. I love both and could never choose just being one.

Rachel Morley
08-28-2010, 04:34 PM
My personality is pretty much the same whether I'm in girl mode or guy mode. My friends tell me that they think I'm "quiet". I suppose I am, I know I don't like being the center of attention. I know you were not referring to walking, talking, mannerisms, etc .. but for the record, they're about the same too. I don't "become someone else" when I'm dressed, I'm just presenting and feeling more feminine than usual.

Mikaela
08-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Same as you Niki, not split personalities, but more like left brain/right brain. Anyone who has done any sort of art will know the perceptual differences. That's the sort of shift I experience. In fact, I think Mikaela may be that right side trying to get me to do artistic and creative things again.

Jason+
08-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Just one of me here as well. A number of girls have mentioned the "switch" in how they feel or who they are attracted to or behave when they are dressed vs. drab, but I don't seem to have one of those. My thought processes and mannerisms have always tended towards the effeminate side anyways.

linnea
08-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't think that my personality is different in either mode.

docrobbysherry
08-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Except in the way we look. In that way;

We r COMPLETELY different!:heehee:

Sophiewouldbenice
08-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Lol, so I just erased my long answer:

I would say in male mod, I am more emotionless and hard at the first view (sometimes a leak of self-conscious, or I am angry). Also I expect better behaviour of others and do normally tell them otherwise. I am doing martial arts and I really do like fighting - not on the street ;)
Often trying to be a strong man, but in the last years this changed a little bit ^^

I had for 3 years long permed hair, then sometimes dyed eye lashes, thinner eye brows, or diagonal bangs, a hairless body and more girly styled hair. So there is really a change, depending on my mood, I also did wear woman cloth, for everyone to see (one time). But thats good, also the insecurity in facing others, who crossdress or are gay changed. In past I thought to be to open minded for every one the see, would reveal my own crossdressing - now I ve alos some gay friends and it becomes fine - ok a little strange feelings stays, but I know, that they are more self
-conscious than me - so some day, this last insecurity will also vanish.

In fem mod, I try to focus on softness and I recognized, that I am much more self-conscious, while walking outside, only it it two times, where others were. I really did not care about laughing, which of course happened. It was a walk through a touristic region of Berlin. Somehow, I hoped, s.o. would talk to me - unfortunaltey only almost every prostitude did like: Come over you buggered ... - well one was really nice, despite I declined her services - damn she was a prostitude, she was the nicest person this night.

By the way, I saw some crossdressers at the train station, and one looked really insecure (I way there as a boy), I just wanted to be nice and asked him, why he is so insecure, just wantes to add, that he looked nice and so on. But he was really offending and chased me away in a verbal way.

Well, now the text is long again :p with some short off-topic parts ^^

NathalieX66
08-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Nope. :battingeyelashes:

I just have to walk differently while in heels, hopefully the right way, as to not appear as Stompy the Elephant.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

AKAMichelle
08-28-2010, 09:58 PM
I still have some male mannerisms as they were pointed out to me last night but it seems very natural to be Michelle

Shelby
08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Prior to cding, I have been acting in theater productions since I was 13. When you are on stage, you are trying to recall the next line, next location to move to or the next mannerism to project all the while being in character. It is like having 2 minds in 1 body. There was a great episode on Star Trek Voyager when the Doctor inhabited the body of Seven of Nine. He controlled her every action and word, but she was very aware of what he was doing to her and she chewed him out later for even eating cheesecake.

When I dress as Shelby, I am still very much in control of what she does, but I let her character shine through more. She is perhaps more reserved then my male persona only because I am comfortable with who I am as a guy. As I do more outings as Shelby, she will get more comfortable and be more confident and capable of being her own person.

Shelby

Inna
08-29-2010, 12:34 AM
No way I am just one single person who....... wait a minute, who is there? Hellooooo! I swear I heard someone. Well as I was saying, I........... this is very strange, I have the feeling someone else is in the room, I smell a female, Hm, and a pretty female at that. There, in the closet, quick, she is hiding! What the heck are you doing here woman? you want what? save me!!!? who are you? my guardian angel! well I knew it was true but I didn't know they made you so fine up there. so you want to save me from what? The monster underneath my bed? wait the second, I'll have a look. What are you doing under my bad, man? Just checking my mattress for lint? Really!!!!? No I need the truth right now!!!!!!!!!! So you are the bloke who runs the show. What show? my pretend I am alive show?!!!!! Wow, that is a lot of news for a day................ Wait, who is that behind the curtain?

Jocelyn Quivers
08-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Without sounding too crazy. Me and my male side are 2 different entities that occupy the same space. We share a lot in common but also have very different opinions, and behaviors.

PretzelGirl
08-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I am one that can't comprehend two different people. I am me dressed or not. Now I will express myself more dressed because I am more comfortable with myself when dressed. But those are expressions I am stifling in homme mode as opposed to not even feeling them.

sandra-leigh
08-29-2010, 11:22 AM
I am me dressed or not. Now I will express myself more dressed because I am more comfortable with myself when dressed.

:yt:

That's part of the reason I tend to go by my male name even when fully dressed. Where does "he" end and "she" begin?

I wear women's clothes nearly all the time including at work. I wear earrings and long hair and bras and blouses and tights and leggings to work (yeah, all at the same time some days :heehee:) If my boss is away (and thus not likely to wander in to my office) I sometimes wear forms at work. When I walk, the changing reflection of light off of my tops at the level of my natural bust highlights that that I have breast development even though it isn't enough to show up when I'm standing still.

Does "she" only start when I put on a wig, or am I only "she" when I wear something unmistakable like a skirt? Where is the line in the sand?

I'm not saying that I don't feel different when I go out in public in a skirt or dress: I do, and it feels good and feels peaceful, and it feels like for a while I've stopped lying: "Look world, there is no maybe about it, I am this way!"

pernille d
08-29-2010, 11:37 AM
i am also one the same personality wise .nothing different there .

but i can tell you that pernille does pay more attention to looking smart than in drab+ she has an amazing confidence compaired to male mode, .maybe i am wrong or maybe right but i do think we all change a little bit from mode to another but thr foundations of personallity remain in both modes.

Crissy Kay
08-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I sort of feel like two different people at times. When I"m all dressed up as "Crissy" I feel rather fem, and happy too. In male mode, I feel like a regular guy, into my male hobbies, gun stuff, etc. Still, I must admit, if I don"t get my "Crissy" time in, I feel all bummed out for some reason that I cannot explain!!!

Lisa Renee
08-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I feel more relaxed in fem mode and I have been told I do things different and seem to be a lot different

Kate Simmons
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
More or less, I guess Hon. Just don't tell the IRS, okay?:battingeyelashes::)

StaceyJane
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm the same person whowever I'm dressed. It's always me.

Barbara Dugan
08-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I am basically the same just in femme I dont need to act like in male mode

Annaliese2010
08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
... I'm not talking split personalities here... For me personally, I think Niki and "him" share some traits, but are definitely two different people....I find it interesting that there's things "he" wouldn't do, but Niki would do in a heartbeat...No not "split personality" for me - cuz I think thats a rare psych disorder where someone can suddenly become a different personality & is out of control crazy.

For me I would say there are two separate highly developed personalities that have more differences than commonalities. They co-exist but never co-express. When I am ON he does not go away, is aware to some degree, but like in the basement celler (god, that sounds creepier than it is, believe me, lol...). In other words his personality is not alive, its hibernating, frozen out. It's only MY personality, my thoughts feelings tastes desires interests and just all the ways I am and things I say and do that predominate. I am me. I am real. I live I think I feel I desire I plan I reflect I learn I grow I have fun I live life I...experience the world and other people from this my private perspective.

I pre-exist. I'm not invented, designed, imagined, constructed scripted or acted. It's just as much a mystery to me where I come from as it is for him. All I can say is I come from someplace deeply subjective. The root origin of me is below anything I do, how I behave, dress, think or feel... It is more fundamental, elemental, mysterious, someplace far away... beyond the wind... beyond the rain... "Somewhere ohh ver the rainbow, skys are blue.." Oops! LOL :battingeyelashes:

Teri Jean
08-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Niki, first off may I say you look great? Okay I did. LOL Now I am me and that person is the wonderful woman who has so many experiances that most women do not have but also they have more than I will ever have. I think we carry all those lifes experiances and what we do with them has a lot to do as how we are treated and viewed.

When I started my transition at work the guys I worked with were concerned as to who was going to do my work. I do building repair work for a university. Wall to wall, roof to foundations; so there is those jobs that are physical. I think over the past year they have changed their minds as to what I am willing to do and in some ways above and beyond their expectations.

So being one's self and building upon our list of experiances can make one more desireable and sought after.

mishmam32
08-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I persnally feel my persnallity include's both my fem side and my macho side, generally it keeps me from being an A-hole. I think the girl inside me keeps me from being too sexist, or oblivious to a woman's needs. My only struggle is letting that girl out.

trisha11
08-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I absolutely have two different personalities when in femme vs boy mode. But unlike you my boy mode is the one that commands all the attention. When I am in girl mode I am more shy, a better listener, caring, attentive. I thought it was just me that this happened to and that I tried to make this change when dressed but like you said it sort of just kicks in.
trisha simone

Sarah Doepner
08-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Just two? I've always been happy to shift into another personality regardless of my CDing. Maybe I'm a frustrated actor, but over the years it's mostly been a fun distraction with friends to take on a persona different from my normal(?) one. It sort of fills the gap where the next generation slotted in role playing games. It is true that none of the personalities I've invented have been a female, but the friends I shared this with were never part of the world where Sarah lived.

Is Sarah different in anyway from Dave other than physical appearance? Probably, just a little however. My core beliefs, the people and things I care about, how I communicate are all just about the same regardless of what clothes I'm wearing. I don't move my hips as much when I'm not en femme and I'm not as careful with my hands when my nails aren't done, but those are physical. It looks like I'm one person with a lot of flexibilty in how I behave as well as how I look.

Audreyanne
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Two different characters, which more or less peacefully coexist.

Karinsamatha
08-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I am one person now. Karin and the male persona have been merging for sometime. I am "toned" down (quiet, and reserverd) when at work which is a extreme testosterone environment. :sad: But when home I am in control and tend to be the real me more outgoing, and talkative. :D
:hugs:

Kendra (Tx)
08-29-2010, 09:34 PM
I've been told by those who know "both sides" of me...Kendra is quite different in personality than "what's his name"...:heehee: He's loud, boisterous, doesn't have a problem giving his opinion about anything ( right or wrong )....No manners...( I think he may argue with that one ...LOL ) Subject to the occasional "road rage one finger salute" on the road....While Kendra is very mild mannered, quiet, listens intently to the conversation at hand....And some may even call her a shameless flirt...:o...Yes...Definitely two sides to the same coin...

http://kendra954.com

Robin Lee
08-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Niki,
I am pretty much me, but Robin is much more forward and not so reserved!

CharleneT
08-29-2010, 10:35 PM
The same person all the time . . . ;)

Lexine
08-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I feel that in order to go out en femme I do have to change my mannerisms and specific manly things about the way I behave. It's not for personal sake, but for others who may be uncomfortable seeing someone presenting themselves as female but acting male.

crusadergirl
08-30-2010, 01:05 AM
I am the same besides the look and the voice for the most part

BiancaEstrella
08-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Without sounding too crazy. Me and my male side are 2 different entities that occupy the same space. We share a lot in common but also have very different opinions, and behaviors.

Agreed! I entered this thread struggling with how to put it, but you've said it well.

emmabeautiful
08-30-2010, 05:42 AM
I really don't see myself as another person, I'm just expressing a different part of me.

Tracy X Cruz
08-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Nope I am me, the only time my personality changes is at work, where I try to be more professional and conservative. But when I am en Femme or Drab I am me and no one else.

carhill2mn
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I think that my fem self is different in many ways from my male self yet, there are some simalarities. My basic instinct is to be "nice" to people no matter how I am presenting. However, I think that Carole is the even nicer!

sissystephanie
09-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I am ME!! There is only one person, no matter what I am wearing. My late wife used to tell me that often, to make sure that I knew I was NOT 2 different people! I really think she was right!

Alice Torn
09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Was not there a big hit song, in the late 1960's "Both sides now?" Wasy ahead of its time! I think i am the same person, with many modes.

Alice Torn
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
One more thing! I have gotten phone calls, while dressed up, and I did not feel like a different person, just a quick mode change.

VikkiVixen7188
09-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Im one person with 2 sides.

jennjenn161616
09-17-2010, 04:04 PM
interesting thread! i think i feel like myself dressed. just another part of my personality; but the same person.

Asako
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
*shrugs* sometimes it feels like there is "two" parts of me pulling in opposite directions but I think that just means I have more to learn about myself. Crossdressed or regular...doesn't affect my personality at all. Regardless of which gender I present as, I'm like a mix of a tomboy girl and an effeminate guy. In touch with my emotions and rather sensitive but I don't mind getting down and dirty. I.E. like when I helped a friend drop his gas tank to replace the fuel pump. Gotta hate older car designs sometimes but I would have done it regardless of which gender I was dressed as.

I am me and without regard to which gender I "present" as, I don't change in the slightest...that I've noticed yet.

Fab Karen
09-17-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't have MPD ( rent the movie "Sybil" ), so no, just one person here, different appearances.

Alice B
09-17-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't think I'm any different either way. I may act more female and walk female when dressed, but I am the same person, dressed or not.

Samantha_Smile
09-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Two different people?
I'm not sure about this to be honest.
I generally feel like the same person, just in different clothes.
My traits and mannerisms dont really change, they stay the same, however the clothes I'm wearing at the time do have an effect on which traits and mannerisms show through.
Ie when Im in guy mode, I guess Im fairly assertive and quite tightly wound, I like to get the job done, I dont really take time to smell the roses. I am however more confident and more 'into' my cars, guitars and computers.
In girl mode, I'm more relaxed and gracefull I guess. Im less task focused and concentrate more on feeling and emotion. I sometimes check out new PC components and play guitar en femme, but not as much as in guy mode. But I'd rather troll through ebay looking for a bargain skirt or top :D

They arent seperate sets of traits to me, they are all me.
But it's like the old saying goes
The clothes don't maketh the man.... (they maketh the woman lol)

Kathryn Martin
09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I am not really two different people personality wise. I am quite effeminate as a man or as Elizabeth says I have a swish, that is there all of the time.

I have female and male aspects to my personality, which is also something that I think everyone has. To me gender is a contiuum and it depnds where aling the line you are located. I am certainly female of center:D