PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend

AKAMichelle
08-28-2010, 05:03 PM
This has been one heck of a weekend. A weekend of firsts.

1) First wreck while dressed - luckily it was only a fender bender.
2) First time out dancing while dressed
3) Now the biggie. All of my boys know that I am a cd'er. Today I just told my middle son's GF. I didn't know it but she had already seen some of my stuff in the closet. So I guess I was already busted, but now she knows everything. We have agreed to have dinner sometime in the week or so to complete the story, but at least I have already told her that I am a cd'er. She immediatley spoke up and said that it didn't change her opinion of me.

Nothing like a dull weekend. :D Now I think I need to rest.

Ashley_Marie
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
It's nice that his GF is accepting, but be careful though. A teenage breakup can come back to bite you in the ***.

AKAMichelle
08-28-2010, 07:54 PM
One of his previous GF's found out the same way one day. He took her into my bedroom and closet. They got an eye full. So she found out that way, but I never approached her. His last GF knows I think but I never asked or confirmed. I have become much more open in my life over the last 2 years.

My son is talking about marrying this one and I hope he does. I hope that she becomes my daughter in law one day. That would be terrific to have a daughter who knew and accepted. At least to a certain point.

Danni Bear
08-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Michelle,

Be careful what you wish for.

Kinda hard to be father of groom and Matron of Honor at same wedding :tongueout.

Congradulations on your weekend and many many more of them.

:hugs:
Danni

Daenna Paz
08-28-2010, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Danni Bear;2249248]
Kinda hard to be father of groom and Matron of Honor at same wedding :tongueout.

LOL!! :D :D :D

Was it your fault? (the wreck)

How was the dance?

Obviously, we need to go out again ... :eek:

AKAMichelle
08-28-2010, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Danni Bear;2249248]

LOL!! :D :D :D

Was it your fault? (the wreck)

How was the dance?

Obviously, we need to go out again ... :eek:

The more I think about it - it was probably my fault.

The dance was ok. Not many people showed up for the function so it was very lonely on the dance floor. I felt a little self-conscious about dancing since I hadn't done it in 30 years. But I think I am over it now. In fact I almost went with several others tonight to Milk. So I guess I will be a party girl yet.

Tell me when because I am now ready for more adventure. :devil:

kellycan27
08-28-2010, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=Daenna Paz;2249320]

The more I think about it - it was probably my fault.

The dance was ok. Not many people showed up for the function so it was very lonely on the dance floor. I felt a little self-conscious about dancing since I hadn't done it in 30 years. But I think I am over it now. In fact I almost went with several others tonight to Milk. So I guess I will be a party girl yet.

Tell me when because I am now ready for more adventure. :devil:

Putting on mascara?, freshening up your lipstick? That's awesome Michelle, good for you. ( not the wreck)

DianeDeBris
08-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi all -- Michelle deserves our huge admiration and imitation -- she is utterly both a survivor and a surpasser! She has my hugest hugs! Diane

lisalove
08-29-2010, 02:09 AM
I can't help but wonder why your son is going into your closet, let alone allowing his girlfriend to look into your closet. Apparently he wants his girlfriend(s) to know you are CD, But Why? To me it seems he needs their approval of you before he gets serious with them. Or am I wrong?

AKAMichelle
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
I can't help but wonder why your son is going into your closet, let alone allowing his girlfriend to look into your closet. Apparently he wants his girlfriend(s) to know you are CD, But Why? To me it seems he needs their approval of you before he gets serious with them. Or am I wrong?

I live in the old house that they all lived in by myself. So he is showing her where he use to live. It is innocent enough but he knew better than to take his GF in there. She just decided to go on her own.

I don't think he wanted to tell her, but it doesn't bother him anymore so he just accepts it. Now his GF does too. My life sure has changed once I became open to others. It is such a relief to not have to live a lie and hide yourself from others.