PDA

View Full Version : Karren vs Katrina!!

Karren H
08-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Have been looking forward to the business trip to Evansville for some time. It’s like a little voice in the back of your head that wants out and she was getting pissed!! Since you can’t get there from here easily, it became a 3-day trip, 2 nights!!! Fantastic!!! So Karren could go out and have some fun!! Now Evansville isn’t the TG capital of the world but did locate and contact Dana through this site and we planned to meet and go shopping!

So 2 days before, one of my coworkers has a great idea!!! Lets take the corporate jet and only stay 1 night!!! Great!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Ok, 2 to 1, better than zero!! Now Monday morning add in Katrina!! At the airport with my 6 fellow coworkers, and my friend who robbed Karren out of 1 night says “We may have to go out and back on the same day because of the hurricane”!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!! He also says, “Why did you pack so many clothes?” Told him that my wife said that I should take extra clothes incase we get trapped by the hurricane!! And I did but they were Karren’s clothes!!! Now Karren’s pissed and I’m ticked. Get out the blackberry and IM Emily and have her email Dana and let her know that things are deteriorating fast!!!!

Fast flight to E’ville, drive to KY, eat BBQ (good!!), go to coal mine, go to data room, head back to E’ville!! It’s now 7ish and we are all tired. I keep saying it looks like Katrina’s tracking east of here!!! Love my Blackberry!! Ok, So I was fibbing a little!! So we decide to stay!!!! YES!! Already had a story line spun that I was going to meeting an old school bud! So the 6 coworkers take off for the steak house and I call Dana! She had to work late but we had a great talk on the phone for over half an hour!!! Very nice person and would love to meet next time Karren’s in the area!!

OK! Get dressed, pluck the brows a little, makeup, new stick-on nails, laptop with WIFI and web-cam!! Have to iron Karren’s clothes but that’s a given! All set! No wheels!! Ekkkk, coworkers left me stranded!!! No problem, I decide to take a walk! After calling the coworkers to make sure I knew where they were, grab the purse, splash on a little CK Obsession (hehehe - fitting name) and took off. Out of the hotel, and down the street. Have on my new Capris and a new pair of sandals that Emily sent me and they are so comfortable!! TY, E!! And I’m feeling very relaxed and just good!! Down to a local convenience store and went in, bought a diet coke and some fruit for dinner. A few people around but no one is pointing at me and laughing!!! Cool! Walked back to the hotel and wander around inside for a while. Take a few pics!! Pass a few guys in the hall, they smile, I smile!! Nice!!

Back to the room!! Just felt wonderful given everything that happened so far! Fire up the laptop and the web-cam and start chatting with some friends on Yahoo IM. Having fun and taking some photos. “LIVE FROM EVANSVILLE IN, IT’S THE KARREN SHOW” - Had a little fashion show going on!! Changed into my other outfits, took a few more photos. Mess with the makeup. Went back out and wandered around the hotel in my tan skit and brown top!! Hit the pop machine and passed a few more people!! Didn’t see any coworkers, but found out the next day that they had come back early! Don’t think they would have recognized Karren and me as the same person anyway!!

So more chatting and soon it is 3am!! Decide to stay up all night, having way too much fun to quite now!! Start cleaning up around 5:30 and breakfast with the coworkers at 6:30. By this time it was raining and the wind was howling!! GREAT, get trapped for another day??? Karren is getting excited!!! Went to the airport and the pilots inform us that since the wind is blowing in the direction of the runway, we had to leave now!! So off we go, heading back to Pittsburgh. About 2 minutes off the runway I was sound asleep. Slept all the way home. And as a bonus, on the way from the airport to the office, I stopped and bought a new dress! On sale!! Lavender. Got to get ready for the next business trip!! All in all, it was a great time! Photos are out on Yahoo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/album?.dir=d6e3&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/my_photos

I’m still tired, but very happy!!!!

Luv Karren

Jesse69
08-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Nice of you to share your story with pics! Keeps us entertained!

By the way, what's the size of that short skirt you were wearing?

Have you ever run into someone you knew while in drag and they didn't recognize you?

I guess what keeps you from passing is your voice. Is your femme voice good enough or terrible?

I think both your avatars looked great. If you were a real woman you have the look that I like!

Karren H
08-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Thank you, Jesse. The skirt is a size 12 and its starting to get a little big!! On another trip, I have walked across the parking lot while a coworker was on the other side, no reaction. My voice is ok, use the talking to the pet method!! Practice at home with the cat. My wife heard me once and though I was wierd. The cat seems to like it though!! And some people can just sence that im not a real girl!! I am 5-11 and with heals do stick out, but don't really care if I get read or not!! Have the right to wear what I want!!

Luv Karren

Sigrid
08-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Great story Karren! And the pic's are wonderful. You really did pack a lot of clothes didn't you? Love the black dress... and the skirts, and well, all of it.

Toyah
08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Good story, devious mind, great outfit love it.:)

Misty_VA
08-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Karen,

What an awesome adventure you had. You are very photogenic.

Misty

cosmolovesph
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Very nice Karen, glad it worked out for you and it looks like you had a great time!

Emily Ann Brown
08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Sis,

I wish you had not mentioned I sent you the shoes. My email is filling up with requests for free shoes now...(giggle giggle). You're welcome dear.

You win, a hurricane beats dressing in a moving vehicle any day. I am not worthy!!

Emily Ann

Karren H
08-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Sis,

I wish you had not mentioned I sent you the shoes. My email is filling up with requests for free shoes now...(giggle giggle). You're welcome dear.

You win, a hurricane beats dressing in a moving vehicle any day. I am not worthy!!

Emily Ann

Did I say FREE!! Some how I know that those shoes are going to cost me dearly someday, somehow. I just have not figgured that part out yet!!! Hehehehehehe And you are to worthy....of indecent exposure and corupting the morals of a minor in a speeding car!!! LOL

And thank you, girls. Your are all too sweet!!!

Karren

Noel Chimes
09-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Way to go girl. :cheer: Talk about a whirlwind tour. Gives me some ideas for a weekend I am planning in October with Mrs. :eyez: And yes ladies we will be taking the camera with us. :shh:

Natalie x
09-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Great story, Karren, and I love the pictures - you look amazing, and your makeup is excellent. 100% pass!

Love, Natalie

LisaMcall
09-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Karren,

Sounds like a good time.

I just love your outlook; " I am 5-11 and with heals do stick out, but don't really care if I get read or not!! Have the right to wear what I want!!" You go girl!

I need to develop some of that kind of attitude.

Lisa

HaleyPink2000
09-03-2005, 04:16 AM
It's to bad I'm out here in Illinois and your there. I'd love to have you do my eyes and teach me how u do yours.

Love the story also. *smile

Love to you and yours Hun.
Haley:)

Oh and Hi Natalie! Hugs hun.

Deidra Cowen
09-03-2005, 05:24 AM
Wow you got dedication girl! Way to stick it out and dress regardless of all the BS that hit you on the buis trip. By the way your photos are very nice. You are a pretty girl. :thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
09-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Wow! You look teriffic Karen! I loved your story, and I adore that little plaid skirt! :)

MichelleGray502
09-03-2005, 10:57 PM
hello karen sounds like you had great time on your business trip, being able to dress as karen and have some fun. I haven't been out for a while due to the fact that i need a new wig and a few other things before i go out again and also i feel that you can wear what you like when you want to.

being read that give us 'th jitters but it never stops from doing it again and again no matter what others think 'bout it.
go lov go and have fun

Mx Justina
09-04-2005, 12:00 AM
...Fire up the laptop and the web-cam and start chatting with some friends on Yahoo IM. Having fun and taking some photos. “LIVE FROM EVANSVILLE IN, IT’S THE KARREN SHOW” - Had a little fashion show going on!! Changed into my other outfits, took a few more photos. Mess with the makeup. Went back out and wandered around the hotel in my tan skit and brown top!! Hit the pop machine and passed a few more people!! Didn’t see any coworkers, but found out the next day that they had come back early! Don’t think they would have recognized Karren and me as the same person anyway!!
Photos are out on Yahoo...http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/album?.dir=d6e3&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/my_photos

Late in response to this thread (don't normally post in long threads)...

Other than the usual congrats (BTW, good dress choices)...in viewing the Yahoo photos, I'm realising that a Wi-Fi laptop, a webcam and a personal picture site (like the Yahoo one)...can make for some interesting travel photography!

J.

Di
09-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Great story. So glad it worked out and you had a good time and made it home safe and sound.