PDA

View Full Version : personality changes after you admitted to being a CD / TG / TS

Jay Cee
08-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I was considering something that has really changed about my personality since I started CD'ing in front of my gf - My rage is gone.

It wasn't the kind of rage that was a threat to anyone (except in situations where someone may have been in danger). It was more like the type of anger that always had me pushing myself to my physical limits, so that I could vent it somehow.

Ironically, I believe that rage was actually counterproductive to how much I could push myself. I actually seem to have more endurance now than a month or two ago, and nothing much has changed in my life. Except, of course, about being more honest with myself and my gf.

Have any of you had any changes in your personality after revealing your 'other' self to others, or even by being more honest with yourself?

Cheers

Jessie

Sarah Doepner
08-28-2010, 10:59 PM
It wasn't too different for me. I had been very much on edge and actually not a pleasant person to be around. Once I accepted my CDing as part of my personality that dropped off somewhat. Once I was sharing that fact with my wife, I was a much nicer person overall.

When we bottle the genie up there seems to be a lot of potential energy that is not properly directed and can end up as anger. I'm glad you made it through that stage, life can be much different now.

Inna
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh god, for 40 years I lead a life of pretend and false. I have gotten so intertwined into this charade that I forgot who it was that started it all. Two months ago I came out to my sis and mom, and since then deconstruction begun. Since the first crack of my man shell appeared, pain started to vent from beneath, it is still oozing from the abyss of my soul. I could not believe, only until this event did I realize how much pain there was. I have been granted life which has purpose, and such is simple, go in the direction of love. I didn't know love, I thought I did, but all that it was, a blind man seeking light! I am embracing this newly found life, and as a child, learning to crawl, I too am crawling my first true steps.

Chickhe
08-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Once you overcome any guilt then you feel better about yourself. All the fears you had seem to fade away over time and stuff that used to really bug me doesn't any more. It is almost like I don't notice the anoyances anymore and I see humor in a lot of things now...

Rianna Humble
08-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Everyone says I am calmer and better at my job (Customer Relations) since I came out at work.

The other day, I got to work after a slightly frustrating journey, but where previously I would have been seething, a GG told me I was positively glowing.

Renee_E
08-29-2010, 04:45 AM
I don't get down in the dumps as often. I am happy being me.

Fuhai
08-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm usually a alot less stressed,or somber when i'm dressed or days that i'v had a chance to be fuhai ealier. Then agian not sure if it's an actual change in personaility or if i'm just more comfortable being a girl.

Madeleine StClair
08-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Have any of you had any changes in your personality after revealing your 'other' self to others, or even by being more honest with yourself?

Oh, absolutely! Now, I have not yet come out to anybody (that is, I've been out in public and met a bunch of people, CDers and others, as Madeleine, but have not come out to anybody who originally knew me in male mode), but up until a few months ago I was very much in denial about my feminine side ... then I came to accept myself, and wow! what a change. Like you I have let go of a lot of anger ... I wouldn't say rage, so much, but I've always been easily annoyed, quick to argue with people about minor issues, or sometimes very passive-agressive depending on the situation. Since my "conversion" I've lost the chip on the shoulder, but also become more assertive when that's what is needed. Interestingly, I had my annual review at work a couple of weeks ago, and my boss said he had noticed a change in the last few months. I was "communicating better" or some such bland corporate expression. So I said I had made a breakthrough in dealing with some personal issues that had been getting in the way of my work. A little later he said, "Whatever you're doing, keep it up!" I almost responded, "Sure, but my wife might not like it."

I've also become friendlier, more generous, more open about my feelings. And I'm eating less carbs and more veggies, drinking less coffee and more water, and getting more exercise (though still not enough :sad:). And almost completely broken my worst habit.

Last but not least, I've gotten back into jewelry making, which I've loved ever since middle school and which may turn out to be my career (my current job sure ain't that). Even though I love doing it, I've mostly avoided it over the years--partly I haven't had the money to get started, but I was also afraid of being seen as feminine ... even though there are lots of men who make jewelry, and it's not like being a hairdresser, where people automatically assume you're gay (and they're probably right). But that's how afraid I was.

Is there such a thing as feeling too good?

Naomi Rayne
08-30-2010, 01:04 AM
My gf has told me that i am much happier since i started dressing. Like being dressed helps me relieve stress. Its kind of strange because i dont feel any different.