PDA

View Full Version : Home again, home again!

Blaire
08-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I finally got my leave to head home for a couple weeks. I've been looking forward to this for months!

20 hours flying, 10 time zones, 5 days to get over it, and I was ready for some shopping time. Nothing like being back to a place where there's lots of time, lots of opportunity, and plenty of stores to wander. I needed some makeup refils, new jeans, and I can't go shopping without bringing home shoes.

It might be summer, but after you've lived through 55, 20 takes on a whole new meaning - it's cold out there! Threw on a sweater and a pair of jeans, and took a quick look in the mirror. Hmmm, sweater's a little thin. Topped it off with a little jacket, and off to the mall. Outside, I was definately glad for the jacket.
I decided to start the day off with an easy easy stop, and get what I needed at the MAC store. Pretty busy, so I wandered in had a look around at what was new, and waited for an MA to come free. I've been playing around with some colour combinations and like the look of a green shadow. Had a chat with the MA about what to go with it, and got a few recommendations, and also picked up some neutral shades, and the usual reloads of pencils and consumables. It's all a lot cheaper here!!

Left MAC and decided clockwise around the mall. Good choice! Shoe store after shoe store, just what my credit card needed!

I went in to a couple stores and saw some things I liked, but had the feeling the SA's just weren't all that into it, so ended up at Feet First, where I got these cute heels that were a mix of an ankle boot and a strappy dress shoe. The SA came right over and asked if I needed anything. I asked her how much of a miracle it would be if they came in a US 11. She went to the back and returned all smiles - which meant happiness for me too. Oh, lovely, they fit awesome, and felt great wandering the store. SOLD!

Ok, the compulsion satisfied, back to my list. Jeans. Something flattering, yet sexy and comfortable. That's going to be a tall order. Wandered around bluenotes, wrangler, and another store before seeing Addition-Elle's new selection... and sale! While checking out what they had the SA asked me what I was after. I told her I was wearing UK14's, and was looking for a similar pair in a darker denim. Was she ever helpful! She collected several pairs she thought fit my likes and showed me to a changeroom. She was good, and I walked out with a new pair of flattering, sexy, and comfortable jeans.

I figured at this time to push my luck, and went into a kids store to get my little ones something from the day out too, and got a couple winners for them. No problems at all with the SA's, which I was quite pleased with.

On my way to the car, had to grab a Starbucks, and stopped and chatted with a salon gal about some brow shaping work for later in the trip. All done, and on my way home... a great trip out. Good to be home, even if I froze myself!

Persephone
08-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome home! And Thank You for what you are doing for all of us!

It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Persephone.

DianeDeBris
08-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi Blaire -- I am astonished and humbled by your post, as I suspect are many others -- we are grateful for your service, we are elated at your completion of your service without apparent disastrous harm, and we are elated that your femine self has survived intact -- please keep us all posted, the reality is that we (all of us) care about your and your mates -- Hugs and love -- Diane

Josey
08-29-2010, 03:21 AM
Can't begin how to express appreciation for your service....just say "THANKS". I served six years in rhe Marines myself in the 60's. Times were really different then. Welcome back and enjoy the time you have on leave.

Cassandra Lynn
08-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I too would like to offer my heartfelt admiration for your service to our country. Bless you and all your brothers and sisters who serve.

What a wonderful way to decompress, and so glad you had a great day of shopping, i sincerely hope there are many more days like that for you.

mj (Cassie)

StaceyJane
08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Welcome home!!
I did a year in Iraq back in '03 so I know how wonderful you feel to be back. :)

morgan51
08-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Thankyou for your service I wish you the best. Enjoy Home!

Kathryn Martin
08-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Welcome home, I am glad you arrived safe. I love Addition Elle, my preferred shop. They are so helpful and friendly and make my shopping trips a total pleasure.

Take care

Kathryn

Blaire
08-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Hello everyone,

It seems that "leave" was taken as leave from military service. "Leave" is also Brit-speak for "holiday," which is what I'm on.

I'm a Canadian that is working in the Middle East, and I'm just back for my annual holidays :)

MindiB
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Welcome Home. Now it's my turn to say thank you for all you did and do.
I know the exact feeling when coming home. Going shopping is that much funner.

Jodi
08-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Back in the day, we used to refer to it as flying home to the land of the great PX.

Jodi