PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, Butterflies?

odelay
08-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Ok, need a little advice, but I know where most of it will point in the end here anyways.

I need to take baby steps in letting people know about my alternative lifestyle. But I'm still gutless as ever. I'm talking with this girl I've known and met over the internet for a year now, and I'm hinting that I have a huge secret to get off my chest but I can't just say it. She's a really reliable girl, and we've both opened up with eachother with relationship issues and everything else that doesn't get this far into my secretive little life. The thing I'm worrying about is freaking her out or just making her laugh (I don't know whats worse) as this girl has told me numerous times that she has had a long time crush on me.

Now, I know most of you are probably going to tell me to get it over with, but this will be the first person I've ever told (besides opening up over these forums which was another huge step for me).

I want to tell a friend first, before I tell my parents, because I think it will help out much better in the long run in being able to open up with my parents. Anxiety is giving me butterflies here, I'm too much of a shy guy (and definatly shy girl) to just jump out and tell people. But the feeling that this secret is only known by myself is just making me feel sick.

Help :eek:

klinger
08-16-2004, 09:39 PM
When the time is right for you, I think you will be able.
Also, the best time to tell a girlfriend is probably at the start of the relationship. She will probably appreciate your honesty, and you might feel relieved.
Good luck!

odelay
08-16-2004, 10:56 PM
The thing is I want to tell someone that I know so I can talk about it more openly, but I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll just continue to lurk around on these forums for awhile longer while it boosts my courage up. Like I said, posting on here the first time was a big step for me... But I just want to get some more of that over and done with! ;p

klinger
08-16-2004, 11:37 PM
I think you know where to start. From the sounds of it you are already on your way. So keep posting and you will get it over and done with. I remember the first time I told someone it was hard to make my jaw muscles move to say the words, but after I said it I felt relieved. Just give yourself a little more time.

kristi cd
08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I'm an incredibly shy person and I don't really know how I could tell anyone I know in my "regular" life. Don't guess that really answers your question, but hope it helps a lil to know there are others out there like you (and me). :rolleyes: ;)

Wen4cd
08-17-2004, 04:17 PM
You could be all like: "Hey, baby, I notice you like to wear women's clothing, I guess that's like, one more thing we have in common."

Vivian Best
08-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Something that is as serious to you as telling your girlfriend about you Cding calls for waiting for the right moment or the right event! For example; something in the newspaper or something on the television mentions or aludes to crossdressing would be a great opening to talk to her about crossdressing in general. If in your discussion she seems comfortable with the subject you can tell her that you have experimented with it and see how she reacts. If she is still comfortable with it, tell her all.

If she isn't comfortable with the subject, drop it and consider different options and alternatives.

Vivian

odelay
08-17-2004, 05:26 PM
It's not really a matter of relationship, but just a matter of trying to tell someone. She lives 3 hours away from me, and doesn't know any of my friends/family. We've met and hung out a few times, and still talk a lot.

My point is, I wanted to bridge another gap and be able to tell someone that I actually know where I can't hide my identity over the internet. But that's being much harder than I thought. Hopefully soon :)