PDA

View Full Version : Let me put on my glowing paint before I go shopping

mishmam32
08-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Am I the only one who feels that I glow when I'm in a huge store buying anything femme. I'm a stocky fella, with facial hair yet when I buy inserts for high heels I feel like security camera's all just turned to me, and customer service is going to announce my purchase across the store, LOL. Here are some of the stunts I've pulled through the years:

1) Purchased pantyhose "for mom" and told the clerk, "can you beleive she would do this to her son?"
2) Carried fake grocery list into store and paced the panty hose aisle until coast was clear then grabbed up the goods, and made sure the cashier saw that I was just following the list.
3) Used the "buying for the wife excuse" while picking out a cute night gown for me.

For whatever reason I feel a helicopter is following me with a spotlight shining on me in the store. I keep telling myself no one is thinking anything about it, but I know better :-)

I'm sure some of you have some great shopping stories and I would love to have a great laugh, hopefully you enjoyed mine.

Mishell (that's Mi in a Shell)

5150 Girl
08-30-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll bet we've all done the list thing, and the excuses.
Your first time out is always intimidateing, but the more you do it the more you will realise people are to wrapped up in their own little worlds to give a **** what the next person is doing.

mishmam32
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
I agree with you, as I get older I realize how much of that is the truth. But I'm also a people watcher, so I guess a lot of that is my own tendencies being put on others. It is funny to reflect

MindiB
08-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Or you can do what I do and not give a pop (can I say pop) You be supprised when you walk around with not a care in the world how poeple don't even take a secound look. Unless you live in Bubuville.

Lynn Marie
08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
I've bought plenty of lingerie for my lady friends over the years. The sales clerks actually think its wonderful. They just wish their boyfriends would be so great and fearless to go out and buy something sexy for them and take it home for a surprise.

I only draw the line at taking stuff into the dresssing room to try on. I'm quite tall and no dresses I can find off the shelf are going to fit anyway. I order just about all of my enfemme attire online. JC Penneys is great because if something doesn't fit, I can just take it back to my local mall store.

Julogden
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes, I went through that stage too, many years ago, and did the same things. You'll get over it. :)

Carol

Monica73
08-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I've done that too sometimes. Just this week. I went to Wal-mart and had to return an item 2 times because I got the wrong size...normally I wouldn't say anything, but because I had to come back so many times I just said I was just trying to do something nice for my wife. He's like no worries, it's not like you'd be coming in here to buy this for yourself.

LOL

Fab Karen
08-30-2010, 09:00 PM
You've never noticed those giant monitors by the check-out area, showing anyone in the women's clothing section? I've never seen one either.
Think about other guys you've seen shopping. Now what did they have to buy? You don't know, do you?

Christy_M
08-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I know that I used to pace aisles in the store and then leave empty handed since I couldn't muster the courage to actually buy anything. As many have already said, it gets easier. I had the excuses of buying for the wife or GF. now I don't offer an explanation.

A woman at Norstrom's Rack asked me in jest if I could actually walk in the 4 inch heels I was buying and I told her "What could be so hard about it...I see my wife do it all the time."