PDA

View Full Version : All In The Family?

Sarah53
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
OK here is one and if any of you have had this question please let me know.

Looking back on my dad, I think he crossdressed. He would buy my mom some of the most wonderful nightgowns among other things. More than she could ever wear and some of the sizes were bigger than my mom's sizes. My mom's weight would go up and down so you never could put a finger on it. If he did both parents kept it from me very good.

A while back we found a pair of panties and a cut up pair of pantyhose in one of my son's room (they were from my stash). Kind of took us aback but we did not say anything to him. He is an adult.

Have any of you had this happen to you were more than one member of a family dressed?

AKAMichelle
08-30-2010, 05:15 PM
No but I would hope to be understanding enough to let them know that I still loved them. Finding things without letting know it is ok leaves them hiding in the dark. It is a terrible life to be afraid of what others will say and not sharing this secret with anyone. It affects our personal relationships in a very negative way since we can't trust anyone.

Maybe you should find a way to say something.

PretzelGirl
08-30-2010, 10:58 PM
You never know. In one instance you can be seeing things that aren't there and in another, completely let something go past you.

There was a thing on Facebook where the women put their bra color in their comment to support breast cancer research. I put one in mine and said "Find the cure". My sister said "You are just like Dad". His humor or was he dressing? :D My son sent my daughter a picture of him in bra and said he CDs on the weekend. Then he came back saying it was a joke. But I don't think he has a current girlfriend, so where did the bra come from?

There is a communist around every corner if you decide to look for them.

eluuzion
08-31-2010, 12:17 AM
This is an interesting post on many levels.

One is "perception". Our perceptions define what we believe is real, not necessarily what is absolute reality. We also tend to employ "selective" analysis in these issues. (we only see what we want to see, or place exaggerated emphasis on specific parts, based on our personal bias).

I do not think you have enough credible evidence (yet?), to make the assumption he was a cross dresser.

Anyway, no crossdressing in my family tree, that I am aware of. I am the "pioneer" in my family...:heehee:

KlaireLarnia
08-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Not related to me, but a close friend of mine was dressing for many years untill he finally took the plunge and disappeared for 2 years while he underwent therapy etc and evenytually became a woman. After this was done, his mum (who was aware of his cross dressing and ts feelings for around 15-20 years) spoke to one of her family. It transpired in the same period one of his male cousins did the same thing and was also a woman. The cousin was around 3 years older and lived in London (where are on the south coast of England). But they choose the same period to undergo therapy and the ops.

My friend found that spooky but also a great source of comfort as it meant they had others in their family to share experiences and problems with - it also meant their families did not cut them off, as they both did this and both sides where forced to accept it.

So these things do happen, but it is more coincidence I think than anything else.

Klaire

Shari
08-31-2010, 06:08 AM
To my knowledge, I am the first and only cd in my family and only my wife is aware of Shari.
And that's how it shall stay.

Alice Torn
08-31-2010, 06:24 AM
I strongly suspect there has been some, in my family. I suspect my dad, and brothers, but not totally sure. Very spooky family, with nazi leanings, except my sister and i. None of us ever had a healthy relationship with the opposte sex, except i have had several women friends, mostly much older than me. I had a lifetime single uncle, that may have, too. My brothers are in prison, now, so can't do it there!

bobbijo
08-31-2010, 06:50 AM
My younger brother and i dressed together when we were growing up. I have seen both of my sons dressed and they have seen me.

tricia_uktv
08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
As a family we always said that my sister should have been a boy and me a girl. But as for my parents. My Father sported a moustache throughout his life and my Mother was fifties housewife. So I suspect not.