PDA

View Full Version : danger

jerri kelly
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
have you ever been harrased while out dressed

Abraxas
09-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Erm... Yeah. Always in Jr. High. Kids would call me "*******" or ask why I was wearing a suit, or way, "what ARE you?"
Emmm once when I was 11 these kids at a skating rink thought I was a guy and started hassling me. They pushed me around and said "I bet you don't even have a dick." I just said "mine's bigger than yours." Then later on they circled around me (they were about 3 or 4 years older than me and a lot bigger, as I was a skinny little twerp). Luckily the security guard came and broke them up right as a guy was cocking up to punch me.

A weird thing happened recently, though... Since I'm doing standup comedy I'm hanging out with a lot of comedians and making friends with them. A couple of them have started asking questions, so I give them straight answers. One guy, Craig, kept telling me he wasn't gonna hit on me (he's 34 and thinks it's inappropriate, even though I told him I don't mind-- he's kinda cute and really nice). Then on Sunday I was talking to another comic, Jose, and when I told him I'm a "Girl" and he started asking questions about dating and sex and stuff, I told him I had a hard time with that and hadn't ever got shagged. So he said "I'll shag you." I thought, you know, comedian-- he's just messing around. Anyway we ended up in his car, listening to music, and he kept pushing, making me feel uncomfortable. I don't fancy him in the least (he's okay as an acquaintence, but probably not a friend, and I get a weird vibe from him), and he kept pushing the subject. He ended up feeling me up some... And I'm not into that. Plus, he's said a number of times that he'll sleep with anything with a pulse as long as it's not a man. Why would I do that? That would be so stupid and I'm not anywhere near that desperate.
So, yeah, I've been harassed in a number of ways...
I am going to ask Craig and Sina (another comic, and a true friend) to kind of watch my back and keep an eye on me when Jose wants to talk. And I ain't going to his car or anywhere out of the view of lots of people anymore.
I just wish some nice people would hit on me. Like Sina. I would totally go out with him. :)

Puer
09-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't go out dressed, so haven't been harrassed. Mind you, fear of being harrassed or physically attacked is one of the reasons I haven't yet ventured out as a guy. I have been hassled in the past both for being a lesbian and for being fat.

One of the most recent incidents was a group of blokes drove past me and yelled 'Hey, you're fat!'. What on earth was the point of that, did they think I didn't know? There was no chance for me to reply but if there had been I'd have loved to have acted surprised and thanked them for pointing it out - 'gosh, I never realised! I'd been wondering why I couldn't fit into size 8 clothes.'

Abraxas
09-01-2005, 01:24 PM
lol
If you'd said that it would have been brilliant! Great that you have a sense of humour about stuff. :)