PDA

View Full Version : Shopping trip

Renee
08-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Well today I went out looking for some new hardwood flooring. After going to several stores and looking at the flooring I figured that it was time to do some real shopping. I went to the mall and shopped for Renee. Went to Dillards first and found the cutest green and white sundress, but they didnt have my size on sale so I went to Lane Bryants. They had a 40% off everything sale going on. Looked at several things, but didnt see anything that really stood out and said buy me, buy me. So I went to Macy's. There I found 3 pair of thigh high stockings for $1.99 ea on clearance and 2 stretch belts one black with a black latch and the other brown with a gold latch. They were reg $20 for $7.50 ea. Then went to the womens dept and found a pink nylon robe on clearance and then went to the dresses. There I found a pink strap top with a jacket and a beautiful brown after 5 dress with a jacket. I was in drab as I always am when I shop for Renee. The sales assistant came by and asked if I needed help and was I shopping for a gift. That is the fishing question to which I always answer, "well actually I am shopping for me and love this top and dress" She said "well lets start a dressing room for you. You look around and see if there is anything else that you like." I looked around and found a black skirt to try on with the top and jacket, but not to buy as I already have plenty of black skirts. (Who doesnt). I went back to the dressing area and the SA came back and asked if I needed and assistance. I told her no, but I would appreciate her opinion on the outfits. After trying on the dress and the top, skirt and jacket we both agreed that the top and jacket were the best. So I told her to ring up the robe and the top and jacket and i would be right out. The top and jacket were reg $89 and I got them for $21 and the robe was reg $39 for $10. The SA congratulated me on my selections and I went on my merry way. Quit the excellent shopping trip I think. Some pics follow. Please let me know what you think of the purchase.

Bobbi Lynn
08-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Great choices! You look very, very nice.:D

sissystephanie
08-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Renee, I am totally jealous! You got some really great looking garments, and you also got some fabulous prices!! Way to go, Girl!!

RADER
08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Renee;
Where is the flooring? are you getting Oak, Maple, Pine, Walnut????
Inquiring minds want to know. BTW, What color? Are you going to install
yourself? I did in my house.
It is the old Carpenter in me. LOL Rader:)
P S. Nice outfit.

Renee
08-30-2010, 10:14 PM
thankyou Bobbi, Stephanie, and Rader. Yes I will install the floor myself. Am looking for a darker oak, or brazilian cherry. Dont be jealous Stephanie, just go out and shop. The bargains are out there!

AKAMichelle
08-31-2010, 08:57 AM
You found the needle in the hay stack. Looks great

Janet Bern
08-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Way to go Renee. We should all be like you. I do the same thing. wish I had done it years ago. Janet

Billijo49504
08-31-2010, 10:51 AM
WOW, you look hot!!! Why don't I find deals at my Macy's...BJ

Rianna Humble
08-31-2010, 11:51 AM
That's a lovely shopping trip, Renee, and the pink top with matching jacket looks divine! I wish I could fine a bargain like that over here.

Kathryn Martin
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Renee

You look so great in that outfit. And it fits right. It is so fantastic if you can try it on, make sure it fits and enjoy the purchase all the more.

The garments look glamorous and beautiful - and so do you

Cary
08-31-2010, 03:57 PM
That was a dream shopping trip!:thumbsup:

Renee
09-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Again thankyou all for replying to my post. It was indeed an excellent shopping trip. I think that all shopping trips are great. Even the ones where you dont find or buy anything. I love the feeling just browsing thru the women's departments and checking out the new styles and trying them on in person. When I first started trying on clothing items in the women's department I almost felt an obligation to purchase. Have any of you felt like this. However, now that I have done it so many times I am more like my wife and if it doesnt fit or look right I hand it back to the fitting room gal and tell her well maybe next time. But it is still a great time. I just love to shop, dont you !!!

RachelDenise
09-02-2010, 04:31 AM
OOOHHHH! New Flooring. How sexy. And the girl stuff is cute too, Really,

Chari
09-02-2010, 09:13 AM
WOW - what a great bargin you found! IMO, that outfit compliments your skintone/hair style, and fits you well! Thanx for sharing.