PDA

View Full Version : I.D.'s

Oilpainter35
08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I just would like someone to tell me how I can get an ID that is accepted with me dressed. (I am from Illinois) I just want an Id that when asked for some form of identification I can hand them and get through it. I have only gone out fully dressed a few times, but I would like to have something to get me through the check out when an Id is required. I plan on getting a credit card, but sometimes they want ID's to varify them as well...thanks Drew

Fab Karen
08-30-2010, 09:32 PM
As others will tell you, your male ID is acceptable. Generally accepted the same way they'd see a long-haired & bearded ID from a guy who's cleanshaven with short hair.

Phoebe Reece
08-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Drew, you might take a look here: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/idcards.html
I don't know if Illinois allows you to have both a state issued ID Card and a Driver's License or not. You could call the drivers service facility and ask. Many states do allow both - including Georgia, where I live. I find that having an ID card with my femme picture is very useful, particularly when using credit cards.

Julogden
08-31-2010, 11:06 AM
I just did some searching on the Illinois site, and I'm not sure, but I think there's been a bill passed that will allow one to have both a driver's license and a state ID card, but I'm not sure.

The quick, easy way to find out for certain is to call or stop in at any Illinois Secretary of State office and ask.

Carol

StacyCD
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I just looked in Minnesota and the process is pretty well described on how to get one. However, nowhere does it say if you can have a driver's license and a state id. Does anyone know?

Gerrijerry
08-31-2010, 11:54 AM
you can see a counselor. he or she can issue you a card with your female photos on it. once signed by the counselor you can use it as a form of ID.

the back of the card says " to whom it may Concern
(your fem name) (formerly known as --------------) whose picture appears in the front of this card is under my care for gender identity disorder which is the scientific term for transexualism. As part of a trail period called a real life test this person is required to live full time as a woman for a minimum time period of a year. this person dresses as a female for no illegal or immoral purpose and intends no harm to anyone by doing this. please contact me immediately if you require further information. this card is intended to be used with another form of appropriate I.D. in order to help in understanding the persons gender presentation

DR. --------------- phone number ------------------------"

the front of the card will need your photo,female name, your male name and address
date of birth
height ----- eye color------
drivers license no.------------
and you sign the card in your female name and under it your male name.

The card should then be sealed in plastic.

I have used the card many times for different reasons and never had a problem.

the front top of the card says "Transgender Identification Card"

5150 Girl
08-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Some time ago, a TG organisation published an ID card with both your fem name and given name in smaller print.
It also had something on it about respecting TG's rights, treat her like the lady she apears to be, ect... May have had somting about transitioning?
I thought it would be somthing handy to have. I had a link like years ago, and lost it before I could act on it/

PretzelGirl
09-02-2010, 12:47 PM
If you are going to do that Wynonna, you may as well make your own. It it isn't a state or federal ID, it shouldn't be accepted for anything official. I assume others want the ID so that they can cash checks, get into bars, give it with a credit card when asked, and so on.

linda allen
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I may be wrong, but I would think it would be just about impossible to get an official ID card with anything but your legal name on it. I'm not sure about a photo with a wig and makeup.

I moved to another state a few years back and to get a driver's license, I had to present my former state's drivers license, my birth certificate, and proof of residency (a utility bill). They gave my wife a hard time because she didn't have a utility bill or other proof of residence. We were together. They finally gave in and gave her the license.

AKAMichelle
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I use my male ID and get along just fine.