PDA

View Full Version : A fun few hours with a friend

Philipa Jane
09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi all

I had arranged a meeting with a lady some might know for Tuesday this week.
She sent me a text early in the morning which woke me up (10.00am no less).
I work at night in case you think I am lazy.

I had been looking forward to seeing her since she came back from Thailand but had to postpone it for the last three weeks as I'd had flu and chest infections and could not afford to pass them on.

The lady I speak of is Suzy Harrison.
She was a consistent member here for some time but for personal reasons has left this forum. She still post but elsewhere.
Suzy was in good spirits and welcomed me into her home.
I must say she looks fantastic and so laid back as to be almost horizontal.

We talked for about three hours on all manner of things and the time passed so quickly.

My only regret is that there was not enough hours in the day for me to have got dressed for the occasion. It is about 40 minutes drive from my house and with my luck my very reliable car might have broken down, and I did not like the idea of getting caught out enfemme.
Maybe next time Suzy will visit me at home.

She is a remarkable person.
PJ

Sarah Doepner
09-02-2010, 01:34 PM
That is good to hear. Although I never had the opportunity to meet Suzy when she was on her last trip to the U.S., I've followed her posts and her transition here on the forum. I've admired her and knowing she is doing well makes me smile.

AKAMichelle
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I am glad that she is doing well. I noticed that she was missing but I didn't know the reason. Tell her that Michelle wishes her well and hopes to see next year at SCC.