PDA

View Full Version : Just dance (gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm, just dance)

Lexine
09-03-2010, 04:59 AM
I am in an emergency situation ladies.

I'm going out this labor day weekend in full force clubbing (as Lexi) on Friday evening, maybe Saturday evening, and definitely Sunday evening.

The problem, as somewhat hinted at in the title, is that I don't know how to dance.

Now, the thing is my bestie taught me some basic moves (slides and a Madonna-esque set of steps), but I don't think it will last me from 9pm to 4am.

I really need some tips and vids or something that can prepare me for at least Friday and maybe Saturday, as on Sunday she and I will be doing more moves and will be hitting up a club together (at least I can follow her lead).

Thank you in advance!

Gerrijerry
09-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Just watch for a while and copy others. You don't have to be a great dancer to have fun. Just move to the music. I am most likely the worst dancer on earth. I still have fun and after a few drinks I think I dance even better (in my own head of course) LOL

Maryesther M.
09-03-2010, 05:30 AM
The interesting thing is that Ginger Rogers could do everything Fred Astaire could do on the dance floor......backwards!

I assume you mean that you intend going out dancing 'en femme'. That means that you must find a male partner to practice with, preferrably at a (beginners') dance class.
Otherwise you can just jiggle on the floor standing in front of your 'partner' like 99% of all the young things do nowadays....and none of them learns anything about actual dancing.

Fab Karen
09-03-2010, 06:24 AM
The interesting thing is that Ginger Rogers could do everything Fred Astaire could do on the dance floor......backwards!

Backwards and in heels is the full saying.

You could rent "Saturday Night Fever" ( "watch the heyr!" ( hair )), look up "What's Happening" videos online to copy Rerun's moves, or you could take what you've already learned & feel the music ( assuming you're not one of those people who couldn't the hit the beat if it was the size of Jupiter )

Sally24
09-03-2010, 07:29 AM
One big difference between girls and guys dancing is girls tend to not move their feet much. They use their hips and shoulders most.A couple of basic moves are all you really need. Use those over and over with an occasional spin or twirl and you should be fine. Just think of it as flirting to music and you should have a great time!!

Chloe Renee
09-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Like others have said just copy others that are a round you. Odds are the dance floor will be packed and you won't have a bunch of room to "show off your moves" or on my case lack of.

Most important thing to remember... Have fun!!

AKAMichelle
09-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Wing it. Everybody else out there wings it. The bigget thing that you can truly do is let the music move you. Blot out everything around you and just go for it.

docrobbysherry
09-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Just remember, "Less is MORE", when u dance like a woman!:)

One big difference between girls and guys dancing is girls tend to not move their feet much. They use their hips and shoulders most.A couple of basic moves are all you really need. Use those over and over with an occasional spin or twirl and you should be fine. Just think of it as flirting to music and you should have a great time!!

I danced for many HOURS at a club at the SCC last year. In 4"+ heels, no less!:eek:
It was so much easier as a woman! (Usually, dancing as a guy, I'm BEAT after 15 or 20 minutes!)
As Sally said. I just shifted my weight from one foot to the other. And tried to get the rest of my body to follow!

Just watch what the other GGs r doing. You'll get the hang of it in NO TIME!:heehee: