PDA

View Full Version : Discovered cross dressed by my son!

Paula Ruissatel
09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
OMG, I sat down to watch some late night tv dressed, when my 14yr old son came down for a drink, he looked at me, said hi dad, then carried on to the kitchen to get a drink, he then walked past me again and said goodnight.
I think I was more worried than him:eek:, l just hope he will be ok and not let it upset him:straightface:

Christina Horton
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Is it possible he knew before this? Did he look shocked or did he seam like its normal to see his dad dressed as a women. If so you may not be (hidden) as much as you think. Now I think you should talk to him as soon as you can. Don't want him to get the wrong idea EH.

KristinSkye
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Woah that sounds like an intense moment...

Like Christina said, are you sure he had no idea to begin with? His nonchalant interaction with you seems odd; perhaps he had just woken up and was a bit out of it and didn't notice? Maybe see how he acts around you tomorrow and decide whether you need to talk to him?

linda allen
09-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't have been dressed with anyone at home or even expecting that they might come home.

Anyhow, it's already happened so you'll just have to decide whether to talk to him about it. You'll also have to wonder who else he will tell.

Chickhe
09-03-2010, 10:24 PM
He probably didn't notice... many people actually forget they even woke up to get a drink of water.

Asako
09-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Like others have pointed out, most people are so out of it when they wake up that they're a little bit stiff and full of slow movements. The same applies to their ability to think and process things that they perceive. If it seems like he remembers it or reacts differently to you, then you may want to start thinking about how to talk to him about it. Just remember:The way you explain something partially impacts the way they will understand what you are trying to say so choose your words carefully.

suzy1
09-03-2010, 10:54 PM
He is 14? He noticed. When my sons where 14 years old they missed nothing!!!
We talk sometimes about those days and I am still amazed at what they recall.

SUZY

7sisters
09-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I think your son really loves you. He won't let you down. He probably suspected all along and does not want to embarass you. From his behaviour I've guessed. He's also probably shell shocked.
If you start a conversation, be prepared to be grilled. Be prepared it may even turn ugly. And be prepared if you have a fight, he may throw it to your face. Kids are most cruel when they feel insecure.
Unless you want to be dressed fulltime and are fedup of hiding it from your son, I'd say don't bring up the topic, unless he does.
Now to balance my view here is another from young 17 year old Jess, who is the famous FTM activist Raven Kaldera's daughter.
http://www.ravenkaldera.org/activism/tgparent.html

AKAMichelle
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
That is definitely one way to tell your son. Although probably not the preferred way.

Jane G
09-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm sure he would have noticed. But clearly he chose to see his dad sat in the chair watching TV. My son is 18, he knows I cross dress but has never seen me dressed. We don't discuss it as it doesn't cause an issue. My daughter has seen me dressed a few times, she's 22 and lives near by. I would not worry about it to much. If your planning to crossdress when your son is home, then it's probably worth just asking him if he's ok with it. As it's his home too.

Danni Bear
09-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Paula,

As children grow they notice a lot of things that as parents we wish they wouldn't.
His seeing you dressed is one of those, how he digests that image will take time. You will know when that happens as he will in no uncertain terms will let you know. Probably not in words but in actions. Children usually accept their parents as is, not withstanding what they wear or how they act. Give him time and space.

Love
Danni

Jenny Gurl
09-04-2010, 06:20 AM
He may be saving it for video game bargaining chip, funny commercial. He may not have even noticed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-MjGdCQkc

noeleena
09-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi .
Well It was at your home & he walked past you & then again saying Hi Dad & then good night , you have your answer . leave it there.
You dont need to even say a thing , if he wonts to then okay if not .
it was hi Dad. got it, he saw his Dad, love it,

...noeleena...

Teresa Ann
09-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi Paula, First off welcome to the group. Next what were you wearing, ie wig, breast forms, long flowing skirt are the lights on maybe when he walked by it was dark enough that he just knew it was his dad watching tv and not noticing what you had on. I would like to have more info to form a opinion. But good luck.

charlytuna
09-04-2010, 07:41 PM
It happen to me, a few years ago, my son was about 20 and living at home, when he left to go out for the night I decided it was a good time to get dress with a skirt and blouse w/make-up & wig. Then I decided the room needed vacumm and never herd him come in. He just stood there, and I yelled at him for not knocking and I left the room and he left and nothing was ever more said by anyone I don't know who was more shocked me or him

suzanne
09-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Some months ago, my 26 yo son saw me partially dressed. We were both concerned about a sudden illness my wife (his mom) was having in the middle of the night. While she was on her knees vomiting, I attended to her at the same time our son came down the hall to investigate. He got an eyeful of me in my pink and lace Miss Elaine nightgown and said nothing. I looked back at him in a matter of fact way because, well, it wasn't the most important issue at the time. I was too occupied to change or hide or offer an explanation, in spite of the fact that wifey and I agreed long ago that he wouldn't be very accepting and should never see me dressed. Any way, we have never spoken about the incident, and I have never detected any change in the way he relates to me.

Charla McBee
09-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Im positive my mother found my stash when I was about 14 and Im positive she knows I still have a stash to this day but we have never spoken of it. She knows me better than anyone and I think she gets it that I don't want to discuss it. Thinking about it, I remember a very specific moment I must have blocked out until now when she confronted me saying "I found a pair of stockings and a slip in your bed" and I just shrugged. Perhaps Ive been caught several times and just refuse to acknowledge it. In any case, our close relationship has never changed in spite of what she must know.

Thanks for helping me recover that little memory, I'm now 99% sure she knows for a fact but I'm still not going to talk about it. That was ten years ago at a minimum.

Philipa Jane
09-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Paula.
Just to make sure that he was not half asleep why not ask him if he saw you in your feminine attire. Ha Ha.
What ever the outcome good on your son for not making a big deal out of it.
PJ

Paula Ruissatel
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, to answer what i was wearing : Bra (filled), black blouse, denim mini skirt, with fishnet tights and heels, no wig so i stood out a bit, i did not approach him about it, he said nothing so i let the matter go, no news is good news so to speak, thanx for all your replies Paula x

Dian077
09-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Yea, he saw.....and he knows.....and you will find out one day when you lest expect it. My (now 15 yr old son) has proven that, lol.
He had found some of my hose one day when he was about 12. He asked me about it and I told him it must be something his mom left when she moved out (right around that time). He was like.....Ok and never said another word, until.
Then the other day My 15 yr old, my daughter, her boyfriend, my ex wife, her husband and one of our friends were out for dinner. My ex mentioned that she had to stop by the store and pick up some pantyhose for something the next day.l......My 15 year old said "dad may have some you can use.....he wears them when its cold out" with a big smile on his face. I did not know what to do or say...... Yea, I think all my kids have an idea, but no one really says anything :)