PDA

View Full Version : Surprised myself today.

Alberta_Pat
09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I took some time to do my toe nails this morning. Put on Maybelline Nugget Rose.

My neighbour (single GG 30 years of age) has told me that I need not "cover up" when out and about, so I went out wearing shorts and sandals.

Well, I got out of the car with my Bride, and glanced at my feet. That colour is not as subdued as I thought, and the shine I had was incredible!

So, anyhow, lunch at the restaurant we go to on Fridays and then some shopping. Some may have noticed (actually, I think I got some looks) but not a comment to be heard.

Anyhow, I think I may be using a little more colour in the future. Anyone else been surprised by their painted nails once they got out into the daylight?

7sisters
09-03-2010, 11:25 PM
OH ALLLLLLL THE TIME. It looks different in the bottle and different on the nails. Also your skin colour can make a shade look different. I've wasted so much money because of this. Opaque shades are less tricky. What you see is what you get. But the iridescent and shimmer and lustre shades can be SURPRISING!!! And in daylight quite different. Get the smallest bottles. I buy mine in the discount heap. half dried stuff. And then I take it home and drop acetone in it to liquify. Otherwise if it is a small tiny bottle, I run it in the microwave to liquify it. Only if I am sure the shade is perfect for me, do I spend proper money on it.
If it is a glitter shade with metals in it, please do not microwave. Also microwave for 10 secs only. You dont want an explosion.