PDA

View Full Version : Changing names?

FanciJewel
09-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Lately I have been thinking about changing my femme name. The thought struck me after I realized that, unlike my man-name, I have no legal attachment to it :doh:
How many of you have changed you femme names over the course of you CD lives?

Fanci (until I decide on something else)

Danielle Gee
09-04-2010, 07:23 AM
I like your name!!, but to answer your question....When I was still a child I was called Melissa, but when I grew older I changed it to Danielle

sandra-leigh
09-04-2010, 08:31 AM
When I needed to come up with a name for use with my social club, I let various names "float through" my mind until one sounded right. Then about a year ago, when I told my sister, she said she was uncomfortable with me using that name: I had forgotten that the name I had settled on is a variant of my sister's name that she got called from time to time when young (and a couple of people still use for her apparently.) So I looked around for a while and found a name that has approximately the same meaning as my male name and started using that.

My newer name has not really "stuck" with me, and I've decided that if I do legally change my name to female that I will use some other name. I've been looking around for a while but haven't found one yet that really feels like "me".

AKAMichelle
09-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I go by Heather Michelle right now, but I have been thinking about changing it to Sara Bethany. If I ever change my name then it will be decision time, but for now I will continue to use Michelle

SandieAE
09-04-2010, 11:11 AM
I use the name Joyce now - even when in drab mode. Most people do a second-take but then just call me Joyce. I can't go out dressed as I have a full beard but I always give my name as Joyce when asked. No problems at all.

Joyce

Cheryl T
09-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I changed mine many times over the years, but when I finally came out to my spouse and she asked I had at last decided. Mine was an homage to my first "crush" when I was young.

5150 Girl
09-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, my Polar Bear doesn't care for Waynonna, and thought I should go by Stacy. She said i look like a Stacy. But i said well, I've been using it for so long now, but I would consiter Wynonna Stacy R........
It hasn't come up again, but I don't know if it will again or not

Jason+
09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I think name changes would be common on the way from first discovery to what ever end each person ends up at. I tried some feminine names for a while: Mary, MaryDelores and Jasmon, but they just didn't fit and feel like my own name. The closest I came was Bronwynn but while pretty still just isn't quite me.

Asako
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I've bounced back and forth between a few names but settled for Terra. It just feels "right" to me.

Kathryn Martin
09-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I have for many years always thought of myself with the feminine version of my male name. Now it's Kathryn, my male name is my middle name and well my surname is just that. I am thinking of changing my name legally to add Kathryn as my first name.

Barbara Dugan
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Its always been Barbara never had the desire to change it.

kellyanne
09-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I was dubbed " Regina " by a woman but was not " me "
I switched to Kelly Anne because it felt right and have been happy ever since..

unclejoann
09-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I picked a name based on a joke I heard many years before. I can't say that I ever liked it, but I had to have a name. Now, I am ready to change my name to one that is a derivative of a very dear friend. But, I hesitate because my wife would recognize the source and be suspicious. So, for now I will stick with the name i have been using.