PDA

View Full Version : Need Help and Venting

Philipa Jane
09-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Hey all.
I have just finished dinner and have been clearing up.
Most of the day has been good with only mild sparring with my partner.
I have felt in an ok mood but she felt I had been snappy.
Now I must confess to having had 2 drinks which will often be enough to make me sensitive.
The problem came about when we were talking about how I felt I should deal with my feelings towards my sister who does not return my messages.
I do get really bent out of shape when an email or text is sent and the person reading it cannot be bothered to even reply yes or ok especially when they know I get paranoid and upset.

Well I expected that something as important as my last visit to my therapist (which I fully discussed with my partner)would have left some sort of impression on her.(SO)
I had to go through my key objectives with her again.
This just said to me that whatever I am going through with depression does not seem to stick in her mind.

I think I just get so sick of people who matter to me just going on in their own little world and not caring about how much certain things upset me.
I even told my sister just to reply with ok to help me out .........but not happening.
Sorry for this. Lump in my throat and tears in my eyes now.

Tomorrow should be better.
PJ

Danielle Gee
09-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi Philipa: Sorry to hear about your issues with your Sister, butypu should understand there may be a dozen reasons she doesn't respond. She may be mulling over a response,, or may be having a family crisis of her own. She may be less than accepting of your situation , but trying to formulate and answere that won't hurt you feelings, or make you angry.

In 60+ years on this planet, one thing I've discovered is that the majority of people are basically good and usually do the "Bad" stuff for reasons the rest of us are unaware of. Have you tried discussing with your sister how her actions hurt you?

Goood luck!! Danielle

7sisters
09-05-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm in the same boat. I like Danielle's reply. But for now the best way for you to cope is to go out and reach out to someone who needs a friend. The thing is not to let her lack of response get a grip on your mind. When you are feeling better, try to read the 8 fold path by Buddha. I'm not a practicing buddhist, but it helped me and continues to help me refocus.

Angie G
09-05-2010, 07:35 AM
You sound like you need a big hug so here is one for you:hugs:I'm sorry you so down today maybe if you got out and did something you would feel better.Go for a walk bike ride what ever. And I hope tomorrow is better for you hun. :hugs:
Angie

Joanne f
09-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Modern methods of communication are so easy to use so we assume that it is so easy for someone to send a reply to a sent message yet as Danielle has said there maybe many reasons why a message has not been replied to .
I am sorry to hear that you get depressed and it can be at these times that we look for some sort of support from others but they cannot see or feel what you are going through they can only go by what you tell them .
I do know how you feel as i have had to go thought some things lately and in a sense would love to get some sort of communication or response from Australia of all place`s but it is not to be as you cannot make people feel the same way as you do so be careful on that drinking and support the one`s that are around you so that they can support you in turn and i hope that you can find a way of fighting that depression for good.

Philipa Jane
09-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you Danielle,7 Sisters, Angie and Joanne

A little information on my sister.
She had a mental breakdown some years back and we flew her here to Australia for R and R, so she and I have been close.
She knows of my depression but not the CD side.
I did tell her of my need for a reply if only as I said an OK or yes will do.
Ten days ago she went to Portugal to see her daughter married and I have sent along good wishes by text. If she can get messages in the UK from me then Portugal should be no problem.
She is back in the UK now.
I figure if she can write on facebook the she can send me something as well.
I am a hard task master and all I expect from others is a little consideration.
Danielle I think it is a case of out of sight out of mind.
Perhaps I can help you Joanne. I live in Australia so here is a response from me. Can't see how to attach a hug but accept one from me please.
Angie your just great.

I have taken some chill pills and several deep breaths and am over it now, sometimes I do put too much pressure on myself and expect too much.
PJ

Joanne f
09-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I see what you are saying PJ as i have also heard that things have been put on face book so i know how that gets at you a bit , but given what you have said about your sister there still maybe some pacific reason why you have not heard back yet so have you thought about sending a postal letter , i know it will take about 5/6 days to get over here in which time you may have heard something back by then , just don`t get like me and take the attitude of saying " sod you if you want to play it that way so can i " mind you i have a habit of doing that to anyone :heehee:.

Here's one for you :hugs:, ( if you want the smileys click on the "Go Advanced " box at the bottom right of the reply box .
ps. if your sister lived in the SW UK nearish to me i would give her a message if you wanted me to but that is a long shot .