PDA

View Full Version : A friend's idea of Halloween

crossdrezzer1
09-05-2010, 08:01 AM
I wasz talking with a very cute GG friend that doesnt know I cd and she just so happens to own a bridal shop,,, we chatted about the upcoming Halloween party and I told her I still have no clue what to be,, she said that she thinks I should be a bride or a prom queen,,, said that she will lend me a dress or give me a dis continuded one in the back room,, told me that if I decide on that then she will open her shop up just for me to find one that fits,,, I cant come clean to her but would like the opertunity to be in a bridal shop trying on,,, I just dont know if its a good idea or not... she might read me on seeing how much fun I am having...

Sandygal
09-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I would be standing at the door all ready.

BethCD
09-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Tell her you'll give it a try, no commitment. A fantastic opportunity !!!!!
Please keep us posted !:)

Beth

CallMeMeg
09-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Try it, and then tell her how fantastic it is and you'd maybe like to do this more often. It's less than honest, but it'll certainly give you an idea of how she feels about cds.

In my (limited) experience, women who do makeup, hair, clothing enjoy the challenge of making a guy look femme.

rachellenicole
09-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I would be all over that offer trying on those wedding and Prom dresses!!

Do you think she might suspect that you are a CD?

Rch

TxKimberly
09-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Hold on, I'll be right there!

Chrissy be good
09-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Tell her your cousin from Boston was going to come up and hang out with you, and you'd love to convince him to do it too. I'll be right there hahahaha

Jenny Doolittle
09-05-2010, 10:14 AM
From the response of all the other girls, Me included, I think we could have our own party at the Bridal Shop. Go for it! You will regret not going for the rest of your life.

AKAMichelle
09-05-2010, 10:26 AM
This is one of those events which if you don't take her up on it that you will regret for the rest of your life. You are going to get a prom dress or a bridal gown to wear to halloween and you don't know if you should. Quit thinking and just do it. If you out yourself then go with it. Sounds like it ok with guys in a bridal gown. :D

jessica renee
09-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I know I'd be terrified, but how many times will you ever have a chance to do something like that?

prene
09-05-2010, 11:52 AM
What a lucky gurl you are.

Ask her to help you with all the makeup and stuff.
Ask her should you get a big bra? corset, hose? color? wig?

This could be fun.

Oilpainter35
09-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Okay, Like everyone else is saying here, go for it. I do have one additional bit of advice. As some have said ask about wig, bra, and all other things like make-up. Just when you ask these things act as unknowing as you can...don't act like you know what bra size you wear, or anything. You know nothing...At least that is what you have to have her believe, if you want to stay as an undressing man to her. Oh and when you tell her that you would be willing to try, ask her why she ever thought about prom dresses for you as a costume......

Jodygurl
09-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I really don't think you should do it. If you find yourself having fun and she figures out that you've been dressing from the other side of the isle I'm afraid that the earth might tilt on its axis, the moon would fly off into space and we'd all be toast.

So let me give you a suggestion, give her my number and tell her that you think I'd enjoy her offer.

One last comment: ARE YOU CRAZY, GIRL?

sonna
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
just go for it

Mikaela
09-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Okay, Like everyone else is saying here, go for it. I do have one additional bit of advice. As some have said ask about wig, bra, and all other things like make-up. Just when you ask these things act as unknowing as you can...don't act like you know what bra size you wear, or anything. You know nothing...At least that is what you have to have her believe, if you want to stay as an undressing man to her. Oh and when you tell her that you would be willing to try, ask her why she ever thought about prom dresses for you as a costume......

THIS. Be stupid. Ask if you should wear your boxers/briefs under it. Stuff like that. If you do anything like shape your brows or shave your legs, you might either want to let them grow a bit before you're under the microscope or be ready with the 'Well, I knew I'd need to do it for this" type of excuse. Have fuN!

Sheren Kelly
09-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm in the camp that says don't hide who you are or lie. (Why can't you come clean to her?)

One of the most positive experiences I had was going to David's Bridal and trying on several downs (looking for something to wear to the TGEA Holiday dinner). I did call ahead and was told that they had no problem selling to a guy. I showed up in drab (but with everything I needed for a quick transformation) and was welcomed. After putting on my finishing touches, tried on several gowns with good advise from the woman fitting me. I would not recommend trying on any gown in drab. This was 10 years ago!

If this woman offered her services, The least you can do is be honest. I'm willing to believe you would not be the first crossdresser she fitted.

Desiree8
09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
OH MAN!! I would be there waiting for her to open the door!
sounds like a dream come true!!
Don't forget the white hosiery, garter, etc.
:hugs:

RileyAnne
09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Go for it. I'm thinking she already knows :D

Tina P Hose
09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't know but I more than likely would take her up on her offer.

BiancaEstrella
09-05-2010, 02:08 PM
You mean you don't already have bags of shoes and accessories packed for various situations?

I can be to Saco in a little over a day...

VS Fan
09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Definitely go for it... if she's offering, you have nothing to worry about and I would assume she senses something in you anyway... I can't ever imagine a situation like this coming up for me... (forget the fact that I don't know anyone that works in a dress shop :) )
VS Fan

Alice B
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM
What a great offer. Go for it and be open with her. She may already suspect or know and you are presented with a great source for future clothing.

SherriePall
09-05-2010, 03:32 PM
And you can't have fun? Why? You can have fun and enjoy it! You can dumb it down a little and ask stupid questions, but take her up on it and enjoy it!

DonniDarkness
09-05-2010, 03:39 PM
hmmm, seems it was her idea.....if she told you to go as a girl for halloween, she already expects you to play the part.......and being in her position in the fashion world i would suspect she wouldnt even suggest it if she thought she was putting a masculine man in a dress....:2c:

Above all else just be yourself have fun with it

kimmy p
09-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I would be standing at the door all ready.

+1.

"Mary"
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Go for it. I'm thinking she already knows :D

Yes go for it. And she might suspect it. Would that be so bad??

linda allen
09-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I wish I would get an offer like that.

I wish I had a halloween party to go to and someone suggested going as a female.

I've done it a couple times in my life but if I ever get the chance again, it's going to be all out - wig, boobs, hip padding, makeup, blouse and skirt, panty hose, and shoes if I can find some. :battingeyelashes:

RADER
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Let me know if they have a branch shop in northern Illinois. Rader

CallMeMeg
09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I went to my office dressed last year at my manager's request (long story). I was the only costume. And in 2005, I went to a Mardi Gras party as Meg. It was only my second time out and I had a fantastic time!

renee k
09-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd tell her, I'll be right there with twenty three of my friends from this board! But speaking for myself I wouldn't waste a NewYork minute accepting the invite.

Gerrijerry
09-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Just send me the address and tell her I am on my way.

Sedona
09-05-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm in the "she probably already knows/suspects" camp. I'd go ahead and tell her, that way you'll know, and you won't have to go through all the "oh, I never knew what that was for" charade as you progressively move from why-a-Gstring-is-better-than-boxers 101 to the myriad uses of double sided tape.

lavistaa62
09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
What a lovely way for her to allow you to express yourself. People this perceptive are a blessing on society. I imagine she must do a lot of things to support other friends as well. Is she single?

Angie Sweet
09-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I think you need to go for it. Halloween is our best holiday. If you are going to go out dressed, that is the day. I will go out this year on Halloween.

countrygirl
09-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Sounds Like a great chance to wear a wedding gown, I wish I had that chance. Would love to wear a wedding gown and be the bride for a Day.

Chickhe
09-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Depends on the people involved, but Halloween is all about having fun for you and others. I would tend to keep it light...go with the jokes, accept help even if you don't need it... you may want the backup story that all the girls did all the preparation for you and stuff like shaving legs arms...you just joke and say it will grow back and harry clashed with the dress... that's all if you don't want to be out... people will think it is cool, but only if you joke with them. On halloween use balloons (because someone may grab them). I would do it, take her up on the offer it will be enjoyable and you will learn a lot about what brides go through. Maybe she can even hook you up with someone who will volunteer to help you do your hair and makeup.

Patty B.
09-06-2010, 02:55 AM
How can you not take her up on this invitation, like everyone else has said. You'll regret not taking this opportunity if you dont.

Beth-Lock
09-06-2010, 04:30 AM
Sounds like a blast!

Renee_E
09-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Maybe she already suspects and is just trying to give you an opportunity to talk about it.

RachelDenise
09-06-2010, 06:04 AM
I would accept this offer without hesitation. I would also let her know about my femme side, But if you are deep in the closet and don't want her to know, then see if there is a reason why she suggested this. If she knows or suspects, then come clean

Jeanna
09-06-2010, 07:01 AM
She already knows...

michellecd_ne
09-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I have been to a bridal shop with a friend to try on some formals for a Relay for Life Miss relay contest. Although we did not find one in the price range that fit it was still fun. I would have loved to be all done up in makeup, hose, shoes, and had the store to myself. Dont let this opportunity slip by. Maybe brind a female friend along and have her dress as your groom and go to the party as a couple. Its hard to get into a wedding dress by yourself. take the help!!

Dena
09-06-2010, 01:11 PM
If you don't do it, you'll regret it!

Barbara Jo
09-06-2010, 01:13 PM
IMO, if you are not having fun doing it and can't show it, what's the point of wearing any costume?
Not many people actually want to be the character they portray on holloween.

If it was me, I would go for it and let her take the lead.
It just may be that she already has her suspisions about you and that is why she offered.

In any event you do not need to bare your soul to her.
Just have fun with it in the spirit of holloween. :)

Kayleigh-Marie
09-06-2010, 01:15 PM
in my (limited) experience, women who do makeup, hair, clothing enjoy the challenge of making a guy look femme.

+1 :d

kristinacd55
09-06-2010, 01:19 PM
omg, a dream come true!!! Wow, have fun with that!!

fun4metoo2004
09-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I say go for it!

rocketscientist
09-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm with the rest that say she might suspect something. Perhaps you are not hiding your femme self as well as you thought! I cannot say as I don't really know you and I haven't seen you in boy mode either. Are you tall and slender with soft features? Maybe she just sees your femme potential and thinks she can really pull it off. She really seems to be willing to go the extra mile to make it happen.:thinking: Dunno. But, as others have said just go for it. You're sure to have a blast! You don't have to volunteer any information,just let her make her own conclusions(which she will anyway). Also, absolutely DO ask her why she thought of you dressing that way. You might be in for a pleasant surprise. If she says that she can tell you have a femme side(gg's are very intuitive this way), and you feel curiousity and acceptance from her, be prepared to come clean. Lastly, as others have said, if you don't you may never get the chance again and regret it. Either way it goes, just keep your sisters posted.:) Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

Island Kathy
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I must say, I believe she knows about your fem side and is making an offer that you can't, nor should you, refuse. Who knows, this could be the start of a totally different relationship between the two of you. And just think, if it gets really serious, she knows about your gurl side and SHE OWNS A BRIDAL SHOP! Take her up on her offer and let her help you get all dolled up. Pay close attention to how she relates to you as you transform. You'll probably see signs that she knows of your feminine side and wants to encourage it. Wish I knew a lady like her!

Kathy

kimdl93
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I am with those who say "do it, enjoy yourself and be yourself". Think for a moment - would she really have suggested a bridal gown or prom dress...not to mention opening the shop and giving you a fitting... if she didn't suspect you might be interested?

hayley_babe
09-07-2010, 06:50 AM
go for it babe...if it is even just a one night experience then what an experience it will be, if things work out you might even have someone who is willing to help you in the long term too...your very lucky and i would jump at the chance hehe...

Carol Elizabeth
09-07-2010, 07:59 AM
One of the most difficult things to do in life is to let go of control to someone else. That is what we are talking about.

(s)he has been asked to let the friend have control of the situation and provide the dress. While most of us dream of such a situation, for many, giving up control and surrendering a part of ourselves is not always easy to do.

I would ask if she was serious. Then ask if I would look totally foolish. Most people don't want to look totally foolish even when they are in costume.

But I do agree with the vast majority of posters in this thread, if You don't at least try it, you will regret it for a very long time. People that I have talked to - who are nearing the end of their days, don't usually talk about regrets of the things they've done. They talk about regrets of the things they wished they would have done.

CE

Daphne Renee
09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Yes You should definately do it. I would if I had that same opportunity. I dont get out much at all but Halloween is the perfect excuse.

Ukiah
09-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Sounds great, wish I had a deal like that lined up.