PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened at the hospital!!!

tracylee
09-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Hello All!

Had surgery last week and they put these long white compression stockings on me along with an ugly gray polkadot hospital gown...

The one RN was in to check my vitals and said..."I love your stockings and polkadot dress...but I think you would look better in heels instead of slippers" !!! She said it with such a devilish grin...I loved it!!

As we say, "If she only knew the truth"!!!

AKAMichelle
09-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Did you have shaved legs / arms or chest? Usually comments like that have a moment of truth behind them. She probably suspected something. If not she was just the funny type.

kaitlin
09-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Im afraid that I would be so busted if I had anything done (hospital wise) quickly! Because of my smooth lower body and it takes awhile to get the traces of polish off your toes when almost all you wear are reds 24/7! And if the nurse said that to me I'd given her my shoe size and said "I'm not sure, lets find out" LOL

Philipa Jane
09-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah. Been there.
The first time I had to wear them I jokingly asked where the suspender belt was.
Nurses are the best and just play along.
PJ

Danni Bear
09-07-2010, 01:54 AM
sometimes you have to be careful what you say. Hospitals do carry corsets and girdles.hehehehe

Danni

silkihose
09-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I went in for a knee scope and the nurse came in to shave my leg
and she could not get over how close shaven both my legs were.
She wenr on and on about it,I never said a thing.

Loni
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
alas i went under the knife less than a month back, they did not need to shave my lower belly, and most of my body was clean shaven. nobody had said a word. at least around me while i could understand anything.
it has been said the workers at the hospitals have probably seen it all, or at least know how to keep there mouths shut. and work with the flow.
but hurray in two days i get the tube out. :-)