PDA

View Full Version : How many of us don't like the male reflection in the mirror?

Karinsamatha
09-06-2010, 08:58 AM
As I was getting ready for work last week I looked in the mirror and was not at all happy about the face that was looking back at me. :sad:
My question is this, do any of you girls feel the same way?

Anne Elizabeth
09-06-2010, 09:05 AM
only when i am dressed enfemme

gretchen2
09-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Every single day, time to change that problem.

siantv2003
09-06-2010, 09:10 AM
This got me thinking - probably not least cos I have been wondering about this very topic a lot over the last couple of weeks.. buts that another story all on its own.

In answer to your question, I don't feel the same way. I enjoy both sides of being who I am (ok, sounds a little creepy I know). It took me a long time to come to grips with Sian and what she means to me but I have come to realise that I still very much enjoy my male self and everything associated with it. I enjoy all the manly things I do but have come to embrace Sian and realise that she is my means of escaping the mans world and relaxing and pampering myself. Now dont get me wrong - I'm not saying that girls have it easy its just that I dont take part in that world (career etc) as Sian. She is my gentler side so to speak and enjoys time by herself.

This may all have something to do with the fact that I will never pass with my physical stature or maybe that I am just to scared that I will lose people that mean the world to me if they ever found out about Sian but its also that after countless hours of introspection, I finally comfortable with who I am.

Sian may one day venture into the big bad world with like minded friends but I somehow dont think that it would change my position - rather just broaden my horizons

Sian

Karinsamatha
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Every single day, time to change that problem.

I am starting to feel that way now. I didn't before.

Maryesther M.
09-06-2010, 09:47 AM
At my age there is no daily alternative to making the best of what remains of the hunk who was 40 years younger way back in the 'sixties. I'm still using the same brain, so of course I don't like what I see there.

When the opportunity presents, however, the CD-ing allows me take off into the world of fancy and on go the make up, femme clothes and hair (wig) and for the rest of that day I'm Maryesther, looking at least 25 years younger. That's nice!

Pythos
09-06-2010, 10:14 AM
It's not that I dislike how my face looks minus makeup and wig, it is that I like my made up face more. When in my makeup my eyes stand out much more...I HAVE EYEBROWS lol (blond eyebrows all but vanish in many instance, as do blond eye lashes), my lips are well defined (why only women are encouraged to define their lips is so beyond me, women like mens lips too:)) I have always desired long dark hair, which has always been denied me for the most part, despite the compliments I get when I do grow it out.

LitaKelley
09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I feel that way. Have for many years :( Yet, when I'm CD, I LOVE my reflection and often wish I was really the beautiful woman I see looking back at me, minus the male flaws of course.

docrobbysherry
09-06-2010, 10:26 AM
1. Get used to it.
2. Change it.
3. Stop dressing.

I couldn't do No. 1. And I was thinking about doing No. 3. Finally, I decided to do No. 2!:brolleyes:

That was about 14 years ago. And I've been VERY HAPPY with my mirror ever since!

Inna
09-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I have been staring at the mirror all my life and only until recently noticed that every time before I would totally cancel my face from registering. Sort of preventive mechanism of some sort. But with my decision to finally transition I am obsessed! And yes I utterly despise the old wrinkled bloke who dares to look at me from the other side. I want him to go away, like for ever, but somehow he is persistent. It all is emphasized when I look in the mirror in full fem, and see what is possible but I want it when I awake in the morning and walk by the mirror in the hallway and with eyes half opened see Alexia with her hair messed up from the night and no foundation and no color and yet see her beautiful glow, but for now that remains my wish.

Lexine
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
The male aspect of me is something that I cannot deny. While Lexi is beautiful and all these other things, I know full well that Alex is really the brains behind her. I'm not going to get into a lot of discussion as to the how's and why's of how Lexi came to being since I've stated it plenty times over, but I feel that part of me still identifies myself as a boy but part of me identifies myself as a girl. I am a blend of both, and I'm proud that both my boy and girl selves can co-exist in harmony.

5150 Girl
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I hate it so much, it almost brings me to tears somtimes

Alice Torn
09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I agree alot with what Lexi said, and Sian, and Doc wrote, but sometimes feel like you others said. Accepting the hard realities. of this world, I know i am male by body, and part of my brain. But, have always been different, and super sensitive, like a lady. I like sometimes, to be the rugged bloke, who fixes his car, goes fishing, other blue collar work. And, i can take satisfaction in that. A GG could, too. But, I sometimes regret that I could not have been a lady. Men are restricted in many ways now. The male energy is under attack, as never before. Society exalts the feminine energy, now. Maleness, is in the ashes now. GG's are flying on cloud9! When i get all made, and dressed and I feel like a beautiful lady! I am on cloud 9! Variety is exciting! To learn to enjoy the drab times, and have that swell dressing escape, makes it not so bad, to endure the balding bloke in the mirror.

bobbie_1048
09-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I feel that way. Have for many years :( Yet, when I'm CD, I LOVE my reflection and often wish I was really the beautiful woman I see looking back at me, minus the male flaws of course.

I couldn't have said it any better than Lita

Emma England
09-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I think a lot of people feel like this from gg's to gm's to cd's.

It seems that the majority will find a flaw in themselves.

If you don't like your facial reflection, then you could always change your makeup style.

CalamityJane
09-06-2010, 03:58 PM
No, I don't like what I see in the mirror, so consequently I never if possible look in one. :-)

Rianna Humble
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that I have not always detested my male anatomy. to the best of my recollection, before I was about 6 or 7 I was ambivalent about it and before the age of 2 I don't think that I detested my anatomy at all. Because of that baggage, I always thought that I was going to be an ugly old woman, but I am having to learn that it ain't necessarily so. I have even had people who knew Robert comment on how much prettier Rianna is, although my favourite remark from someone who knew the old me was published in a recent newspaper article:

Apart from the obvious, meeting Rianna is almost exactly the same as meeting Robert – she is shy, polite, self-deprecating and quick to smile.

True it doesn't mention how ugly Robert was, but it gives me a warm feeling inside

kimdl93
09-06-2010, 04:25 PM
It happens now and then. At times I wish I could just be prettier and younger, but I suspect most women feel much the same way.

aggi123
09-06-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm digging my pretty awesome sideburns right now lol

I only don't like my male reflection when I'm dressed up en femme. When I see that, I get very discouraged and usually undress and call myself names lol

Asako
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I hate mirrors for the fact that I always see the masculine face I have. The longer I stare at it, the stronger the negative emotions become and eventually I'm fighting the urge to break the darned thing. >.> All within about 5-10 seconds. so, normally I try to not give a mirror the time of the day.

Cheryl T
09-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm always disappointed when I see that reflection.
Conversely, I'm always elated when I see Cheryl looking back.

Kate Simmons
09-06-2010, 06:18 PM
To be honest, I don't have to like it. MY GG friends seem to and that is pretty much what counts.:)

nikkijo
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
As I was getting ready for work last week I looked in the mirror and was not at all happy about the face that was looking back at me. :sad:
My question is this, do any of you girls feel the same way?

every day of the week... but ive progressed beyond just a CD....

Kendra (Tx)
09-06-2010, 07:15 PM
It's not that I dislike my male reflection in the mirror ( in fact that sometimes that I do dislike it)...But I much prefer Kendra's relection looking back ..I've said in the past...I make a MUCH better looking female than "he" does a guy...So why not just "go" with it"??? Well....In a perfect world I would...But it isn't and I can't...So I muddle through looking at my "ugly twin" in the mirror on occasion...( and still not liking it from time to time ) :2c:

http://kendra954.com

Jodygurl
09-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Everyone's mentioning the face in the mirror and I have to admit that I'm not happy w/ it but I know I can take care of that when need be.

But, stepping out of the shower requires panties as soon as I'm dried off. I know I need that baggage and it's convenient, but I sure don't like to have to look at it.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-07-2010, 07:03 AM
I have grown to accept it and for the most part have no problems with it being it's another side of me. What always shocks me though is how much older my male face looks as opposed to mine

ChrissySox
09-07-2010, 07:13 AM
what displeases me most is my body shape. i have skinny butt and legs, but I want some hips and thighs. Oh well.

Steph.TS
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I've been seeing that male reflection for my whole life, I'm a CD possibly a TS, and I can't dislike that image as I am used to it, and I know that it's me. now if I had a feminine face that would be the surprise of a life time! :)

carhill2mn
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Most definitely!

tanyalynn51
09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Mirrors just remind me that Im in the wrong body. I use them as little possible.

Tiffany Lynn
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm ok with it, sometime we're our own worst Critic

Karren H
09-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I like my reflection no mater how I'm dressed or what makeup I'm wearing! :)

dayna_nj
09-07-2010, 05:58 PM
As much as I love cd-ing, I still love being a male as well. Love dressing nice and heading down to atlantic city with my girlfriend, putting on a nice shirt and watch, rolling up the sleeves and showing my tattoos, getting attention from women even though im with her, I feel great when I look stylish as a male. I love doing things guys do like watch football, going out shooting guns with my buddies, all that good stuff.

Very comfortable and happy being male, but I just have this other side that loves being sexy. Completely different than my male side. Im just a part-time CD and dont want it to ever become anything more than that. There's something about only doing it here and there that really excites me, I always have something to look forward to.

Alice Torn
09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Dayna, Dittos, except you have a ladyfriend. The guy side , makes it that much more special becoming that lady in the mirror.

Kathryn Martin
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
When I look in the mirror every morning getting ready for work, I search for Kathryn. And I discover her in the gaze of the eye, the sway of my cheeks, the smile of my mouth and my eyes, and I try to hold her as a treasure for the day, every day. I discover him in my brow, the depth of my eyes, the generosity of my mouth. I know him, he is with me, always he does not need to be held. I like what Lexi said, I am a gender bender and travel freely within myself.

Kathryn

NathalieX66
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
When I'm dressed up as female, I want to look as feminine as possible.
Whatever it is that women do, I want to join in and play.
When I'm in guy mode, I just want to look like a cool dude. Give me a football or a fishing pole, I',m happy.
I'm like every woman on the planet....that is I'm never satisified with the way I look.
Mirrors are horrible friends. They are too honest.
I'm better looking as a girl than as a guy, and as a guy I look like every other ape out there....at least to me anyway. Oh well, who cares.

I feel bad for people who are truly gender dysphoric or conflicted. Society expects them to be one thing yet they feel the need to be the other...and until they are the other, they are truly not at peace.

Christie ann
09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I am sometimes surprised that wearing a simple scoop neck or necklace will suggest a more feminine face. However, it is photographs (digital or otherwise) that I hate, no matter what I wear. It seems that the mirror is more complimentary than the picture.

Marissa
09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I never really had issues with the man in the mirror..after coming to terms years ago that I was not the one who would light up a room like the blonde, blue-eyed football star in high school could.. :sad: So I was always the wall flower.. and got lucky at times to end up with a very pretty girl/woman..

anyway, I never realized how much truth was said about my male expressions until recently when i took a pic of my face without a smile.. and wow..i looked so hard and mad.. But i wasn't angry or anything.. its just the way i looked... soooo serious..

So now I owe some people in my life (kids, ex and a few others) an apology for arguing that they were seeing what they wanted to see..

When en femme, I am so much happier, once i get past that stage some of us speak of..right in the middle part where we see ourselves as a man but wearing a wig or fem clothes..yes I have stopped in mid transition as I was not happy at that moment with the man in the mirror.. but once the line is crossed, I do enjoy it all.. the fact that i'm smiling inside and out.. my walls are dropped..
So many changes in me in the last few years..not sure what is to blame.. serving overseas, divorce, pending job change (retirement), self realizations.. or a mix of it all..

But I do need to keep this side of myself for my kids and my sanity.. for now :)

Okay, I'll stop before this becomes a 'couch' session :D

Hugs,
Marissa

Joyously 27
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
At my age especially in the mornings my mirror reads your still here. It's a good thing!

msniki48
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Karinsamantha, I must say that i'm with you on this. it seems that age is not on my side of late, and it is harder and harder to get the male side out from under that wig...more and more makeup! spackle will be the next step! :eek: the other time i get upset is when i am partially dressed [ no makeup] at home and doing chores, feeling fine and femme, and i walk past the mirror, and the wrong person is looking back at me. that is sometimes a crushing experience to me.

yes it keeps me in a state of unrest:sad:

Debutante
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I have had problems accepting my male side, including how I look.
But the more I accept my feminine side, the better I feel as a whole, and that
includes my male side... but there is more to do yet...

Karinsamatha
09-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Karinsamantha, I must say that i'm with you on this. it seems that age is not on my side of late, and it is harder and harder to get the male side out from under that wig...more and more makeup! Spackle will be the next step! :eek: the other time i get upset is when i am partially dressed [ no makeup] at home and doing chores, feeling fine and femme, and i walk past the mirror, and the wrong person is looking back at me. that is sometimes a crushing experience to me.

yes it keeps me in a state of unrest:sad:

I am not at the point of Spackle yet, but as soon as I get home I get "cleaned up" and dress appropriately. Then I am able to relax and smile :). I don't know about you but I look at least ten years younger when I am dressed :D.

Aleria
09-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Every single day. Doesn't look "right".

RachelF
09-12-2010, 02:56 AM
I like both, my man side and my female side. But I hate my belly, it has being very difficult to start a diet. But I think if I reduce my belly I will be happy with my face and body. Even I know I will never pass, but at this point crossdressing is just between my wife and myself.