PDA

View Full Version : Where will TG surgeries, drugs, etc. be in 2050?

JennyA
09-06-2010, 06:05 PM
What are some impending things or doable things once the research is done? Is a breast enhancement pill possible? Brain or consciousness transplant? Virtual reality consciousness? Gene therapy to alter gender, nanomachines? sculpting or moving the body's fat? full vocal surgeries? arm transplants?

I like to fantasize about things like that and picture that if i had been born in the future a full change would really be possible.

My fav is to imagine a brain transplant between two willing separate genders is possible

Ze
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm still waiting for good bottom surgery for FtMs.

TxKimberly
09-06-2010, 06:38 PM
With any luck they will be able to scoop out my brain and swap it with Ze's. Of course Ze would sorta get the bad end on that deal, but hey, you can't have everything your way!

Ze
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
If we're talking bum deals, you might want to look again. :ner:

nikkijo
09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
id be happy if by 2050 i can getthe person i married to see im more than the redneck she married... forget the technology, how about the basics first...... and ze ill trade ya...

Faith_G
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
My fav is to imagine a brain transplant between two willing separate genders is possibleThat would be the best solution. I would swap with any pre-T trans guy. And I mean that, don't care what color, skinny, fat, crooked teeth, whatever - so long as I get a female body.

I was hanging out with a woman friend of mine (who's a little on the heavy side) jokingly she said she'd kill to have my my body. She was taken aback when I looked her in the eyes and told her I'd kill to have HER body - and she could tell I meant it. I think even our allies sometimes don't have a clue how much this means to us. We talked about things some more, and she realized that if she was to wake up in my body she'd be just as uncomfortable with it as I am. Despite the fact that I can shave it and tape it and pad it and dress it up so I look good, my body is still not as it should be.

Sorry this got all trans-angst-y.

Traci Elizabeth
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
2050! Damn I will be a pile of ashes by then! I also said that the day AFTER I die, science will have found a cure for what killed me.

But you know what...why bother thinking about it? Just enjoy today and the advances medicine has to offer now. Everything that might be available in the distant future is all "Buck Rogers" and we know how "wrong" they got it in the late 1930's.

Inna
09-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Well 2050 is here, if you really think about HRT, a few little pills can alter, psyche of a brain, fat distribution, muscle mass reduction, loss of libido, breast tissue growth with fully functioning inner structure, if young enough bone growth suppression! FFS can shape typical man face into that of a woman within 10 hour skilled surgery, same with SRS!
There is a breakthrough in human genome research, the map is here, and thought of a full sex reassignment inclusive of face features and anatomy in pill form may be feasible in near future, of course congress would stop such from being available to public because god told them too, and since they are all saints we would have to resolve to black market Chinese knockoff which may make you into a frog. But rest assured once the princess will kiss you everything will be alright!

sandra-leigh
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
2050! Damn I will be a pile of ashes by then!

Not necessarily -- perhaps by then you and I will be a spry "90 is the new 40".

If human genetic engineering becomes a reality by then, rewriting your DNA to cure illnesses, perhaps they will be able to rewrite from XY to XX.

Mind you, if you are starting as an adult then rewriting your DNA wouldn't be enough to produce the internals, but it would plausibly be enough for breasts to grow. I would not want to guess what rewriting from XX to XY would do internally, though.

Traci Elizabeth
09-06-2010, 10:47 PM

If that comes to pass, YOU & I need to meet for a tall Drink and have a long celibration together.

BTW, I spent a week in the Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton Lakes National Park last September where my wife and I were snowed in and could not get out on our way to Banff and Jasper National Parks. You by there anywhere?

Inna
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM

If human genetic engineering becomes a reality by then, rewriting your DNA to cure illnesses, perhaps they will be able to rewrite from XY to XX.

Mind you, if you are starting as an adult then rewriting your DNA wouldn't be enough to produce the internals, but it would plausibly be enough for breasts to grow. I would not want to guess what rewriting from XX to XY would do internally, though.

It is precisely that, at any stage of age factor when you alter DNA sequencing resulting would be a regrowth of tissue and all matter within new redesigned scheme. You would become a woman of your age (perhaps with deeper understanding of aging factors you could in theory alter age as well) bone structure and all, A Genetic Female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This regrowth would result in timely manner equal of the growth of a cancerous entity. So within year or two you would become a fully functional woman. It all sounds science fiction no doubt, but then, 30 years ago star trek communication devices were science fiction as well!

7sisters
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Happy with my body. But I want Einsteins brain.
I dont want to live past 60 !!!! Twenty more years and I'm ready to visit St. Peter.

sandra-leigh
09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
BTW, I spent a week in the Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton Lakes National Park last September where my wife and I were snowed in and could not get out on our way to Banff and Jasper National Parks. You by there anywhere?

825 miles east of there, but if you want to meet there in 2050, I could put it in my appointment book :heehee:

Traci Elizabeth
09-07-2010, 12:39 AM
I dont want to live past 60 !!!!

Yey you say that until you are 59 years and 364 days old !

Danni Bear
09-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Traci,

At that point you start counting backwards to zero and start all over.

Danni

7sisters
09-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Yey you say that until you are 59 years and 364 days old !

We must see our bank balances are enough to last us till our immortality, no?? Besides I've seen what I wanted to see. Nothing interests me anymore.

AAh.... you're the magic age! Hmmm.

Melissa A.
09-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm more concerned about people of a certain persuasion, socially, gaining power, at least in the U.S. Scientific advances are moot if transiton is severely restricted/banned. Maybe that's somewhat paranoid, But I see signs of a real ugliness on the horizon. Currently, the loudest amongst us, while nowhere near a majority, are still loud, and extremely well financed by a selct few. And some of their allies are no friends of ours. Just as silence=death, apathy and too much comfort=nowhere to turn. Looking forward to leaps in technology and science that help people is great, but it's more important to ensure that the right to use them is still available.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

AnonyMouse
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
With any luck, they'll design a cybernetic phallus that can be willed to erection at any time. :daydreaming: The skin for it will be grown in a laboratory so it has the correct density of nerves. And since it will cost about $100,000 (more if you adjust for inflation), I'll never be able to get it unless I have REALLY good insurance. Which we might actually have by 2050, but who knows? The "luxury model" might not be covered.

Inna
09-07-2010, 10:05 AM
"Originally Posted by 7sisters"
Happy with my body. But I want Einsteins brain.
I dont want to live past 60 !!!! Twenty more years and I'm ready to visit St. Peter.Babe, I think you have misstyped your post, you meant: "Twenty more years and I'm ready to visit St. Petersburg, Florida"

Ze
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
And since it will cost about $100,000

But...isn't that seriously the going rate for some of our shit bottom surgeries already? I agree I can't and never will afford it, but I'd still welcome the price if it was actually worthwhile.

raelene
09-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't know as I don't have crystal balls!!!!!! Just kidding!!!!

AnonyMouse
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
But...isn't that seriously the going rate for some of our shit bottom surgeries already? I agree I can't and never will afford it, but I'd still welcome the price if it was actually worthwhile.

I don't think they're quite high... yet. $60,000 was the last price I remember for a full phallo.

Ze
09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Ahh...the resource I read must be outdated then. :) Wait...my bad. I think they may have been adding up our surgical transition entirely: full phallo, chest, and hysterectomy.

Joyously 27
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Why? your going to miss a heck of a lot. I know, I'm 83.

My first message for the one that wants to live only till 60.

Lorileah
09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can survive they may find.....

it also says won't need your arms or legs, or face. I suspect that by 2050 the healthcare bill will be stalled in congress. If you have the money (you in the top 1% who still get tax breaks) you can afford any cosmetic surgery you wish. DOMA will be still in committee and DADT will still be buried by surveys and President Chelsea Clinton will be de-escalating the troops in the hills of Kandahar. I also expect that Elinor Rigsby will still have her face in a jar by the door. In other words, don't expect major changes.

If they do get brain transplants I will probably get the one labeled "Abby Someone"

Inna
09-07-2010, 11:45 PM
This whole discussion is pointless, isn't life suppose to end in 2012?
And if we survive, Ze, you can have my you know what. It is majestic!............................
I am talking about my manly nose of course cause I am getting FFS.

Hope
09-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Run Logan!

Andi
09-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Sorry this got all trans-angst-y.

"Trans-angst-y", Yeah I like that Faith. That's a great term for what ails me(us)!!!

Tara1967
09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
well let's see, 2050 ,Rocky 42 will will released in hollywood, every city in the world will have a super wal-mart store, Steven Tyler will finally admit he was a woman all along and that "Dude looks like a lady" was written for him, and Father Mckenzie will finally have his sermon heard, Charles Manson will be released that year, William Shatner will still be making TV commercials, and Oprah Winfrey will finally retire, and any man will be able to walk up to this wild machine and swipe his card, step in and walk out of the other side of it as a beautiful woman, and William Shatner will be the first to try it out,, it will finally be revealed that Elvis is really dead, and Walt Disney will be unfrozen, some posters here will have made thier 1,000,000 post,,and maybe I'll finally go out in public dressed....(love & respect) ..Tara

Hope
09-08-2010, 03:34 AM
and maybe I'll finally go out in public dressed....

Walt Disney, check.

Bill Shatner, still schlepping his shats, check.

Oprah, check. (on second remarriage)

Helter Skelter, check

Dude, does in fact look like a lady, so... why are you planning on waisting the next 40 years?

Elizabeth Martin
09-08-2010, 10:54 AM
If they do get brain transplants I will probably get the one labeled "Abby Someone"

Best movie ever!:roflmao:

AnonyMouse
09-08-2010, 10:58 AM
You mean "Abby Normal?" o_O

Stephenie S
09-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, all fantasy aside, the time for which you pine in here. Transition is possible. And for less than $50,000. How much do you think a brain transplant is gonna cost you? And what would you want THAT for anyway. I like my brain and I like my body. Oh, I can understand if your body is wracked with disease or something, but MY body has always been good to me, strong and healthy.

Want to transition? Why fantasize about what MIGHT happen in 40 years. Do it now. That's the only way it's gonna happen. Just do it. Stop whining about now and ACT.

Stephie

Paige Valtieri
09-08-2010, 06:28 PM
You mean "Abby Normal?" o_O

If your talking about the book I'm thinking about, your amazing ^^*

Kokoro
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Brain Transplant... it may be feasible and entirely possible by that time but it would carry so many moral implications such as taking on another persons identity, DNA structure etc. I doubt the human race would have evolved enough by then to figure that one out.

I think a more likely medical advancement would be a total reproductive organ transplant. It's not as far fetched as it sounds. After all, heart, lung, liver and kidney transplants are done in their hundreds around the world on a daily basis. It would be only a small step to transplant a reproductive organ rather than a vital one. At the moment, it's all just plastic surgery and superficial. But with a transplant you would gain the function of the organ as well as the look. That would mean the ability to procreate as the opposite sex. There would still be some moral uncertainties, since sperm are produced and so would carry the DNA of the host body I think (I make it sound like a parasite :straightface: ) however if my high school biology serves me well female eggs are created at birth and so would carry the DNA of the previous 'owner' rather than that of the host. So a genetic child born from a MtF TS would still be impossible.

I'm not sure whether the technology would exist by then, but by a similar extension to the above it may be possible to grow reproductive organs, using your own DNA so that it would technically be yours. Obviously all this would have huge benefits such as no need for hormones, the ability to reproduce and for transmen the ability to pee through a zipper :D. It's still in it's infantile development and there's the whole controversy of using stem cells but ti seems a logical way forward from a health standpoint alone.

On a similar note I expect the diagnosis of transgenderism to be quite well developed by the middle of the century. I certainly hope that there is no transgendered person that will have to go through puberty in the wrong body by then. Hopefully with the things mentioned above, perhaps they'll even be able to have the 'right' puberty at the correct time.

I hope so anyway.

JennyA
09-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Well, all fantasy aside, the time for which you pine in here. Transition is possible. And for less than $50,000. How much do you think a brain transplant is gonna cost you? And what would you want THAT for anyway. I like my brain and I like my body. Oh, I can understand if your body is wracked with disease or something, but MY body has always been good to me, strong and healthy.

Want to transition? Why fantasize about what MIGHT happen in 40 years. Do it now. That's the only way it's gonna happen. Just do it. Stop whining about now and ACT.

Stephie

I'm not whining about now. I'm just wondering about what the future holds. I like to picture what might be. If you think about where the world will be someday and what might be possible then you could start to create it for future generations. Ask any FtM if they are satisfied with where medicine and science is for them at the moment and you'll see why I wonder what may be.

Steph.TS
09-11-2010, 12:18 AM
what about cloning + XY/XX conversion + consciousness tranfer? if they clone you but make the clone the opposite gender from birth, then transfer your consciousness (our personality/consciousness is software for the brain effectively) you'd be the perfect TS, and you'd likely just need a few days to get used to the sudden changes...

is it possible who knows, but I wish it were possible... anyways I'm faced with the limitations our technological level, and that means ALOT of thinking has to go into this.

AnonyMouse
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
If your talking about the book I'm thinking about, your amazing ^^*

I was actually thinking of Young Frankenstein. It's been years since I saw that movie, but the Abby Normal joke sticks out in my mind.

@Kokoro - I like that idea very much.