PDA

View Full Version : VERY Interesting Article...

Nyx
09-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I stumbled upon this very interesting article today: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16417002%255E30417,00.html

This is actually the kind of discovery I was talking about in my previous thread:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7221

The implications are great. This could lead to cures for several diseases, amputated people regrowing limbs, treating greatly burnt people... Even curing some genetic diseases... And of course... It has some implications for us too.

It might be possible, using this technique, if it works on humans (which it most likely will), to create regenerating embryonic cells with modified DNA (ie: your DNA, with the X gonosome duplicated and the Y removed, so that its a female equivalent of your DNA). This would make it possible to perform transexualisation of people with *just an injection*. And the result would be a *genetic transexual*, which would be indifferenciable from a *genetic girl*.

This technology is not very far out of reach either. It would be possible to do this kind of experiment in any well-equipped microbiology lab. This almost makes me want to go into stem cell research... Perhaps if I could get some well-placed friends...

kazeparker
09-01-2005, 09:06 PM
If this were possible tomorrow (and survived all the ethical debates), I'd be the first in line. If such genetic manipulation were possible, that would allow for so much easier transition, though I think it'd still require more than just an injection.

Nyx
09-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Possibly more yes, most likely in fact. But this is the SRS of the future. It could allow people to look younger too! Perhaps I'll consider it if its out by the time I'm 60. Then I could become that cute young blonde I always wanted to be and begin a new life ;)

kazeparker
09-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Possibly more yes, most likely in fact. But this is the SRS of the future. It could allow people to look younger too! Perhaps I'll consider it if its out by the time I'm 60. Then I could become that cute young blonde I always wanted to be and begin a new life ;)

Brilliant, I must say. ^_^