PDA

View Full Version : A contest I REALLY hope I don't win/Didn't win (Update)

Kathi Lake
09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Don't you wish life had a "undo" button? Send a nasty note to your boss? Undo! Went a little too far last night? Undo! Enter a contest online showing a picture of you dressed, with your actual name on it? Un-fricking-do!! :)

Sigh. Life as a member of the terminally stupid sub-species never ceases to amaze - or amuse - me. Yesterday, my favorite women's clothing store sent an e-mail describing a contest they were having. First prize was a spa weekend and a $1,000 shopping spree. Thinking of the girly goodness of both a spa weekend and a thousand in pretty clothes basically turned my brain to mush - well, more mushy than normal, that is.

I put my collage together (Badly. I really suck at design and art and stuff. I can't even draw a stick figure. I kept asking myself while trying to design it, "What would Frédérique do? :) Anyway, I finished the entry, added my little essay on "What makes me feel beautiful" and hit the submit button.

Being the suspicious type, and knowing that the interweb is all linked and stuff, I cruised on over to Facebook. Golly! I noticed that the world now knew that I really loved girl's clothes from this store, and had entered a contest to get even more of them, with a link to my pretty little page. Delete! Undo! Delete! Undo! Delete! Cr**! Delete! Undo! %$*#! Undo! Delete! Undo! Delete! WhydidIdothis?! Delete! Undo!

I think I cleaned it off of Facebook before anyone else noticed that, . . . wow, I can clean up really well if I try. :)

So, now my concern is twofold; One, what if I win? I'm assuming that there will be the requisite publicity, and the entire world will know that I am now the proud owner of lots and lots of pretty clothes. Two, I've noticed that since I'm an oddity on their site and in this contest, that my page is getting plenty of looks. You know, that page with my picture and my guy name on it. Sigh. How do I manage to get myself into situations that even Lucy Ricardo couldn't wiggle (or cry) her way out of. I blame the brain damage.

So, below is my entry text for what makes me feel beautiful, and my awful collage. Enjoy! Oh, and use me as an example. Learn from my mistakes. :)

Kathi

I feel beautiful when...

I step outside the dressing room, and their jaws drop! I feel beautiful when they say, "You look just like a woman!" I feel beautiful when I look in the mirror, . . . and finally see ME looking back at me. I know I'm not exactly your normal customer at WH/BM - being a guy and all - but when I'm there, you always make me FEEL like I am. That, to me, is beautiful.

They say that clothes make the man. Believe it!

nikkijo
09-08-2010, 11:22 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha brain farts just suck dont they...... but that said nice ensamble

Chickhe
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Why not contact the contest owner and tell them your husbands name got on there and you don't know how to change it?...

I thought of doing a contest, but for the reasons you experienced, I have not. Mostly because I'm not out to anyone, but at the same time, it is near halloween so you could explain is was a related joke and chance to win clothes for your spouse. I think as a winner you could negotiate what name they publish.

Funny situation we get ourselves in to...

Kathi Lake
09-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Funny situation we get ourselves into...Yep. Funny. I just may die laughing. :)

Denying it to those I know would be hard as my picture is on the page in all my radiant feminine glory. Actually, I'm kinda ticked at the picture. When I imported it, it came through all squishy! (probably bad Java. Learn HTML5, guys! :)) I normally look tall and lithe and willowy. It squished it and made me look like a troll! :)

Kathi

bianca66
09-08-2010, 11:49 AM
How do I manage to get myself into situations that even Lucy Ricardo couldn't wiggle (or cry) her way out of.
Kathi

kathi, you have some splainin' to do!!!

tanyalynn51
09-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I wish I had a quick answer for you Kathi, but since this is my worst nightmare, all I can say is handle it the best you can and please let us know what happens. At least it can serve as a warning to those of us who get to cocky about what we put on the web.

Debra Russell
09-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Good one Kathi ! Love it ---- What an expierience it would be --- hee hee The though of it is intoxicating ... feel good with the thoughts but I hope if you win maybe you could use it as an avenue to a new idenity,lol Debra

Lorileah
09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
:facepalm: where did you find a picture that made you look short? I hope you win, not because it will make you like the 8th most famous person I know but because you deserve that shopping spree and spa. They have to give you points for honesty don't they? and right now their ad department is working on that new slogan "Our clothes make the man"

15 minutes of glory, that's all it will be girl, then you can go back to your old life....but it will be fun :) Good Luck!

Loni
09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
i never enter any contest as i do not want them selling my name, address, phone number, etc to any and all out there.
sorry to say just cleaning up a web page is only touching the surface of what may come out of this.
hope all works out for the best.

EllieOPKS
09-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Kathi I am in agreement with Tanyalynn, you have just awakened my worst nightmare. Did they post any notice at all that they would spread your entry around for marketing purposes? The good news is you are pretty enough to win the contest, the bad news is you are pretty enough to win the contest LOL! You have my support no matter how it turns out.
Ellie

JamieG
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Kathi, I know this is a serious situation and feel for you; but I could not stop laughing at your description of your reaction once you realized what you've done. If in the unlikely event, you get grilled about this by friends or family, just keep your wonderful sense of humor but be truthful. I think humor can overcome a lot. On the other hand, you could always try claiming that it was a joke, and the "photo" was photoshopped.

Christie ann
09-08-2010, 12:59 PM
good luck with the contest. I too think it would be best if someone else won. I know what happens when a letter comes to the house for "Christie" it is not a good thing.

Please let us know the outcome, as if Kathi needed an excuse to tell a story

Gerrijerry
09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I think in life we all make errors. Lots of them. But really the odds of you winning is small. and if that did happen. Well look at it this way. You will no longer have to worry who will know. Who might find out because with the net everyone will. There is only one thing you can do. and you already did that/ Please please dear G-D don't let me win.
However inside there may just be a person that is saying to you. Enough already let me out.

Elizabeth Ann
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Kathi,
Have you tried to simply withdraw from the contest? It might be worth trying. I am assuming that this is a standard, mainstream clothing store, and that if you contact them to withdraw, they will take one look at your entry and oblige you. They may even have cringed at a crossdresser entry, but could not have legally rejected it.

Also, why have I never seen you in that blond wig? A very sassy outfit!

Liz

Olivia2
09-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Kathi,

Did your undo attempts resolve anything or are all the links still up?

They have to give you points for honesty don't they? and right now their ad department is working on that new slogan "Our clothes make the man"

15 minutes of glory, that's all it will be girl, then you can go back to your old life....but it will be fun :) Good Luck!

You might get the opportunity for some positive publicity, even though you don't want any. These days, anything unusual or risk-taking on the web often ends up giving the risk-taker opportunities that are sometimes financially lucrative-but only if you really pursued it-which you don't have to do.

On the other hand, if the clothing company would be uncomfortable about a guy winning their contest, they might be very willing to remove your name, etc. if you contact the company's marketing/publicity dept. Even if they don't remove you, the odds are they are not going to give you the prize, since I would assume the vast majority of their money is made from women customers. Probably nothing to worry about in terms of this getting any larger than it already is.

Olivia

kimdl93
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow.... well, I'm hoping that the people who see your picture are folks that already know about you...I mean you're not excactly hiding yourself. and that the folks who might react badly will never go there.

Or be prepared to start a new career as a reality show "celebrity".

NV Susan
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Yep. Funny. I just may die laughing. :)
I normally look tall and lithe and willowy. It squished it and made me look like a troll! :)

KathiThe photo did give you some nice hips though....:daydreaming:

Kathi Lake
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
The photo did give you some nice hips though....:daydreaming:

Yeah, I guess. Still, this is how the photo was supposed to look:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87634&d=1241217275

Billijo49504
09-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Damn, You really look great. A real hot babe....BJ

Kristitx555
09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Kathy, I do hope things work out well for you through this "mishap". I feel for you, I really do. That is my worst nightmare as well. Yet, I am reminded of a comedian, years ago, who was introducing players for the college all-star (football) team... and one of his "characters" said... "Hedoah... I loves footbaw... you too can be playin footbaw on duh footbaw fiewd... wit... a footbaw..." This character also went on to say (and when you said "brain damage", this is what I was reminded of)..."My friends say I have dane bramage... and I don't know what the (*expletive*) that (*expletive*) is????" Perhaps instead of "dane bramage" you had a moment of clarity? *smile* Good luck girl! And regardless of how things turn out, please let us know, ok?

Persephone
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I guess. Still, this is how the photo was supposed to look:

Kathi,

Please stop posting photos of yourself like that one! It really makes the rest of us feel awful. You are seriously too damn pretty.

As to the contest, I think it is difficult for us to figure out what to do with those. If you put your drab name, well, you've already figured out that one. And if you put your femme name, could they decide that was fraudulent and refuse to award you the prize? I end up feeling locked out of contests like those.

O.K., so you caused a minor collision in your two lives. Other than a little bit of chrome and a few small paint scratches, you probably haven't done much damage. You were within the speed limit, not talking on your cell phone, and, uh, you were sober at the time, right?

Gee, a whole new concept -- CD lifestyle collision insurance!

Kathi Lake
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
. . . You are seriously too damn pretty.Riiiiiiight! We'll go with that. It's not like I cherry-pick my pictures at all. All of my pictures are that good. Mmm hmm. :)

I like your CD insurance angle. Imagine a commercial with a crossdressing gecko.

:)

Kathi

Jenny Gurl
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
And this gurls is a text book example of how the pink fog can sneak up on you. Beware the pink fog. Sorry about your situation, I do hope it works out for the best no matter how it goes. If you do win, maybe the day at the spa and the shopping trip will help you forget all about any negatives that comes from it.

Bobbi Lynn
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
And this gurls is a text book example of how the pink fog can sneak up on you. Beware the pink fog. Sorry about your situation, I do hope if works out for the best no matter how it goes. If you do win, maybe the day at the spa and the shopping trip will help you forget all about any negatives that comes from it.

Sorry I don't think the pink fog "snuck" up on Kathi, I think it hit her like a runaway 18 wheeler going down a mountain with no brakes! One of the reasons I don't have a face book or any other kind of page. But, if you do win I hope you enjoy all of the spa treatments.

tricia_uktv
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Ha-ha, life is fun. But it all may turn out for the best. Good luck Kathi

ReineD
09-08-2010, 07:47 PM
That was a beautiful entry, Kathi. I hope you win. :hugs:

EDIT
Kathi, please let me rephrase that. I read your post without looking at your title. I wouldn't want you to win if you don't want to win. lol.

So let me just say that you deserve to win. :)

busker
09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Kathi,
I was going to second the motion that you probably wouldn't have a chance--until I logged on and saw your photo. You really are TOO FEM to make any claims of "just a joke" and "fooling around with the wife's clothing". I think a blind person would see that you've done this before. You are pretty foxy, but--for your sake--I hope that you DON'T win. In big parentheses, If I looked as good as you do, I'd have probably enter the contest too.
I would also second the motion that if you are freaked out by your spur of the moment actions, contact that company and withdraw. You can always say the pics are faked.
best wishes

AKAMichelle
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Be sure to tell us the name of the store so we can encourage them to select you for the prize. :devil:

I can see the ad now. Our clothes make you the best that you can possibly be.

DianeDeBris
09-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Kathi -- sorry this has happened, but honestly delighted at your wonderful description of the instant spirals you turned trying to undo the button-click -- your humor is terrific -- I concur with all the comments about how great you look (and how unfair it is!!!) -- I largely agree with Michelle that you should tell us the name of the store so we can lobby on your behalf -- if I were writing ad copy for them, the theme would be roughly "If we can make him look like this, imagine what we can do for you!" -- big hugs -- Diane

PretzelGirl
09-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Kathi - I am really thinking that you should have gone with "The Dress!" (TM).

As for the rest, that was some serious fog. :sigh:

Miranda09
09-08-2010, 09:57 PM
:heehee: Kathi, you only live once....why not go for the gold..or in this case, the wardrobe!!! Anyway, the collage looked great, as you always do!!! :)

aggi123
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe you can decline the prize if you win? That would be nifty :)

eluuzion
09-08-2010, 10:56 PM
there is always a positive aspect of every event, if you choose to find it. Hey, if you are going to be "revealed" to the world, you might as well look good doing it. You definately accomplished that objective!

I would never join Facebook, MySpace, or anything close to those for privacy reasons. If I was a member of one of those, I would never post anything I would not post on a 10' high billboard on my front lawn. They are a stalkers' and burglars' fantasy come true. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

For everything done, there is a countermeasure to undo or counter it.

Contests are the business world's method of collecting personal information to exploit.

'But, that is just me...

You look great, have fun...

Kathi Lake
09-08-2010, 11:43 PM
The name of the store is White House/Black Market (my favorite store!). I'm hoping that by the sheer number of entries that mine will (fittingly) go and stay on the bottom of the stack. We'll see. As Busker said, it is kinda obvious that I didn't just do this for a bit of fun, and that I have a little bit of experience in this area.

Sue, as gorgeous as The Dress™ is, I still don't have any pictures of me in it. All I have are our (and Michelle and the other SA's) memories of how I looked in it. Maybe someday. :)

Eluuzion, believe me - this store already has my name, my address, my phone number, my credit card numbers, my blood type, the deed to my car, . . .

Kathi

lingerieLiz
09-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't know what the criteria for winning was, but having been in a few meetings where winners were selected I doubt that you have much to worry about. Not that you might not have had the best entry, but because the store also has a desire to put their best foot forward. Do they really want to advertise that a man beat their primary demographics base? I don't think so.

I jokingly put my name in for a drawing for $1,000 lingerie shopping spree many years ago. My wife said there was no way they would let me win. Sure enough when the drawing came the store pulled a few tickets out and said they were not valid entries. My guess was, I wasn't the only guy who put his name in.

At trade shows did you ever notice that the winners are the ones who work for companies that are thinking about purchasing the products.

Jamsey
09-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Kathi,
Well, what a mess you have yourself in. But it looks like you are handling it well so far. Wishing only the best for you.

Maybe you should ask the store if they have a separate category and prizes for the TG world, just more discrete. You cannot be their only CD can you?

I refer to what happened to you when it happens to me as my sub-conscious acting up. It wants my fem side to more out in the open, where my sane mind, as sane as I can be that is, doesn't. For example, today I purchased a couple pair of shoes. Then I brought some clothes home to see how they looked together. As I was leaving and taking my items back to my storage unit, I noticed a blue denim mini and a white satin cami laying right by the door. I forgot to pack it. I would have some interesting explaining to my SO. I'm usually very careful. I put them there so I wouldn't miss them but I almost did; brain mush, brain fart, pink fog, who knows? sub-counscious doing its thing.
Good luck.
Jamsey

Sarah Doepner
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I wish I had some good solid advice for you Kathi, but I don't. All I can come up with is a wish for good luck and hope that you get no negative but the best possible results from the entry. Maybe not win, but get a quiet consolation prize in appreciation for your boldness.

Miss Misery
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Kathi,

First - I just noticed your "tags" for this thread. Those are priceless as well.... cro-magnon,doofus,drooling idiot,knuckle-dragger,moron,

That said. Unless you are really concerned that someone that knows you would check out the site, you're probably pretty safe. And, what will someone do if they do notice it's you? Nothing.

Lastly, with the pic you posted, the response would likely be. "That's a guy!" ....."That's a guy? That's a guy? Damn, that guy makes a good looking woman....." And that will shut them up. Nice nice look.

Kathi Lake
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Do they really want to advertise that a man beat their primary demographics base? I don't think so.No. Probably not. Still, I entered a Talbots jeans contest a few weeks ago, and then had a look at the rules, "Entrants must be female (emphasis mine) and over age 18 at the time of entry . . ." This contest didn't have the gender stipulation, so I thought I'd try. :)

. . . sub-counscious doing its thing.Agreed. While a very large, huge, sun-blotting part of me wants to keep all this a secret, there is a small part of me that is screaming, "Enough!!" and wanting to just see the light of day like a normal person. Sigh.

. . . I just noticed your "tags" for this threadYeah, that's how I felt. As a friend of my son said to him, "You're the dumbest smart guy I know!" Since he seems to be pretty much a clone of me so far, I wonder if it applies to me at times (the dumb part - not the smart bit).

On an unrelated note, my wife just gave me a bit of a start. She called and said, "So, you're going to be a model for Christopher and Banks, eh?" I brain-dumped (and almost left a stain elsewhere), and asked her what she meant. Apparently an e-mail came advertising that their store was looking for models for an instore show. Usually, I'm pretty good about clearing the inbox throughout the day, but for some unexplainable reason, I had left that one behind (wishful thinking, perhaps). I laughingly told her that I didn't think they would want me as a model. She said, "Why not? You're prettier than me and most of the women we know." Gulp! She said it with just a hint - a tiny smidgen - of menace in her voice, so I knew to tread carefully. I don't know what got into her (*cough* hormones *cough*), as I haven't dressed in almost 10 months, and have been a very good boy (emphasis on the boy part). I managed to get her off the subject, but it's amazing how just like some odd event will set off a dressing urge in us, that sometimes out of the blue our spouses just seem to key on our little issue? Still, we love them so very, very much.

Kathi

Dee Baker
09-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Kathi,

I understand how you feel. Your post reminds me of a mistake I made while shopping on-line about a year ago.

I purchased some items from Glamour Boutique and Lady Grace. I didn’t even realize my mistake until nearly a month later when I got my credit card statement in the mail, my corporate credit card statement that is. I had mistakenly used my corporate credit card to make these purchases.
So I had to arrange payment for these items from my personal account, no problem. What really got to me was that even after making payment these purchases remained on my T&E account for weeks, then I got an e-mail from accounting explaining that I had to fill out an expense report in order for these items to clear from my T&E account. Then it hit even harder, my expense reports have to be approved by my manager and are also reviewed by the GM.

I filed the expense report and my boss said he didn’t look to see what the purchase was but he approved it as he realized that I had made a mistake in using the corporate card for a personal purchase. BTW no one has said a word about it since.

I have had a bad habit of using the wrong credit card for purchases, this was not the first time that I inadvertently used my corporate credit card for personal purchases. It was however the first time I ever used it to purchase clothing. I have also used my personal card to purchase corporate items i.e. air fare.

I haven’t used the wrong card since that time and hopefully I will never make that mistake again.

Dee

PretzelGirl
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I do know one thing Kathi. When you finally bust back loose, I gotta be there! Maybe you can sign over the deed to the house on that day. :heehee:

Daenna Paz
09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=Kathi Lake;2259018]The name of the store is White House/Black Market (my favorite store!).

And mine, too!! ;^)

Loved the story ...

Did something similar once; still trying to work that one out!

Love the C/D insurance idea ... :heehee:

Sparkles
09-09-2010, 09:47 PM
That is a beautiful picture! Personally, since the damage has already been done, I hope you win!

donnalee
09-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like a contest winner; plus, you look like Gina freaking Lolabrigida; I mean WOW girl, you're HOT!! (Yeah, I know I'm dating myself.) The collage is wonderful, too. I know you can't, outwardly, but inside you must be glorying in your entry.
:love:

Best wishes for the desired outcome, and remember to be careful what you ask for,
Donnna :battingeyelashes:

AKAMichelle
09-09-2010, 10:22 PM
The name of the store is White House/Black Market (my favorite store!). I'm hoping that by the sheer number of entries that mine will (fittingly) go and stay on the bottom of the stack. We'll see. As Busker said, it is kinda obvious that I didn't just do this for a bit of fun, and that I have a little bit of experience in this area.

Sue, as gorgeous as The Dress™ is, I still don't have any pictures of me in it. All I have are our (and Michelle and the other SA's) memories of how I looked in it. Maybe someday. :)

Eluuzion, believe me - this store already has my name, my address, my phone number, my credit card numbers, my blood type, the deed to my car, . . .

Kathi

Now that we know the name of the store, maybe we should do a write in campaign stating that we shop their more if Kathi wins the prize. And Boycott if she loses. :D

This sounds like so much fun that I have to do it.

Jamsey
09-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey Kathi, I was at a mall in the west Madison area, Middleton actually, and to my surprise, there was a White House/Black Market store. I didn't realize they were in Wisconsin. I didn't have time to stop but will in the future. I will tell them I know of someone who entered their contest and recommended the store as their favorite. Maybe they will ask about you, perhaps to send you a thank you or gift card?

Diane Smith
09-10-2010, 02:05 AM
As you've heard me say before, I love WHBM, and the latest catalog I received was just full of irresistable fall goodies on almost every page. This is my favorite clothing season, and I was almost literally drooling over the pictures. I actually hit two of the closest stores this past Labor Day weekend (in Peoria, IL and Indianapolis, IN) and bought over ... ahem ... $1800 worth of clothes and shoes from them. That is absolutely, positively a record for me and probably exceeds my average annual crossdressing allowance for any previous year by a factor of ... lots.

The SAs in both locations couldn't have been nicer or more fun to work with. At Peoria on Saturday, two of them were falling all over me, fighting over who could make the sale. (I don't think they work on commission there, but you wouldn't know that to have watched these two in action.) In Indy, I hooked up with an SA I have worked with before, she remembered nearly everything I'd bought there in the past, and made a number of bang-on suggestions about other items I would like. I really went into that second store just looking to pick up a couple of items they didn't have in my size at the other location the day before, but she sold me on about 4X more other stuff ... and I don't regret a minute, or a dollar, of it. One of my favorite girly shopping experiences is when I'm standing half-naked in the dressing room and the SA approaches with another armful of clothes she "thinks I might like" ...

But I'm still not sure I'd have the nerve to enter their contest! Hope you win (sorta)!

- Diane

Kathi Lake
09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
OK, you guys aren't clicking on it, are you? Yesterday I was safely in the basement (around 200 in number of views), and now I'm in the 80s. I left you guys a copy at the top of this post, so you don't have to go there and click it. Seriously! :)

Rereading the rules, it says that they can use my name, likeness, and hometown if I accept the prize, so there's my out, I guess. Still, stop clicking, ladies! (and no, this isn't a case of "the lady doth profess too much").

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Being the suspicious type, and knowing that the interweb is all linked and stuff, I cruised on over to Facebook. Golly! I noticed that the world now knew that I really loved girl's clothes from this store, and had entered a contest to get even more of them, with a link to my pretty little page.

I guess you logged into facebook when the popup popped up, it's actually optional.

But I hope you win..if only for the goodies. I actually haven't found you in the entries yet, probably didn't search far enough in.

Veronica

Babeba
09-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Kathi, if it makes you feel better - I DID try to go find your page in their contest (I wasn't going to click it, honest! I just wanted to see where it was!) and I couldn't find it at all. But I think it's a great entry!!

Robynts
09-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Riiiiiiight! We'll go with that. It's not like I cherry-pick my pictures at all. All of my pictures are that good. Mmm hmm. :)

I like your CD insurance angle. Imagine a commercial with a crossdressing gecko.

Kathi

Kathi,

You didn't notice??? The gecko is clearly wearing female gecko skin! I am sure of it.

Robyn

Jorja
09-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Not to sound rude, crude or socially unacceptable
Just get over it Kathi. You got it going on girl. Enjoy the rewards if you win. If anyone has anything to say about your entry just be honest about it. If they don't like it it is not your problem it is thiers.

Kathi Lake
09-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I guess you logged into facebook when the popup popped up, it's actually optional.Kind of. I clicked No Thanks on the login, but then stupidly "Liked" it. Sigh. Doofus Maximus.

Kathi, if it makes you feel better - I DID try to go find your page in their contest (I wasn't going to click it, honest! I just wanted to see where it was!) and I couldn't find it at all. But I think it's a great entry!!Thank you! For the compliment and for not clicking it, that is. :) I'm not going to tell you how to get there, because I moved from the 80's yesterday to the 40's today. Gulp!

The gecko is clearly wearing female gecko skin! I am sure of it.Ya know, I wasn't quite sure. I thought that male geckos had three colors, and females only had two. Or is that Calico cats? :)

Not to sound rude, crude or socially unacceptable. . .Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jorja, but I have a life that I really don't want to intersect with Kathi right now. If I could change the name, I would. That way I would at least have plausible deniability if my entry was seen by someone at work, someone at church, etc. Although it is easy to say, "Just get over it," I'm not affecting just myself here. I have my wife and kids to think of, my friends, family, church friends, coworkers, etc. Although in the long run it may not affect anything for these others, it just might. That's not a risk for others that I'm willing to take right now.

So, a moment of doofusness could indeed come to bite me. If so, I guess I'll take it like a man, as they say. Still, I'd rather not.

Kathi

Danni Bear
09-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Kathi,

If it is of any consolation, I did some behind the scenes checking on the rules to that contest. Even if your entry is chosen as the winner, the prize must be accepted by the winner before any announcement is made. You have to make the decision of whether you accept it or not.

Love
Danni

Kathi Lake
09-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I had noticed that in the rules (thanks for checking, by the way). My concern, however, is that it seems that my entry is a curiosity (a guy's name and a girl's picture), and the more that people click it, the higher it moves up in the Most Viewed category. The higher it moves up, the more people click it, and the higher it moves up . . .

So, I don't even need to win. If it moves up high enough, it will be seen quite a bit. Yeesh!

Kathi

Asako
09-11-2010, 11:35 PM
The phrase "BOOM! The rabbit is dead. I won the prize...!@#$!" ran through my mind when I went to click on the thread...Kathi, I'm hoping it goes the way you want it to and don't win.

Sara Jessica
09-12-2010, 07:27 AM
How did I go for so long without noticing a Kathi Lake thread??? Shame on me.

Well, better late than never. FWIW, I tried to find it through the WH/BM site and couldn't. I won't tell you if I would have clicked "like" if given the opportunity (ok, you know I wouldn't have been able to resist ;) ). I don't play on Facebook so that might be why I cannot find it.

Seriously though, I totally see your point in your concerns about keeping separation. Playing the odds, I seriously doubt anyone will happen across your beautiful collage (which btw was put together with much more imagination than a lot of the 300+ pages of entries I saw...yes, I told you I tried to find you!).

So if you are good with winning, I hope you do. If not, you still a winner in our book. :hugs:

AKAMichelle
09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I had noticed that in the rules (thanks for checking, by the way). My concern, however, is that it seems that my entry is a curiosity (a guy's name and a girl's picture), and the more that people click it, the higher it moves up in the Most Viewed category. The higher it moves up, the more people click it, and the higher it moves up . . .

So, I don't even need to win. If it moves up high enough, it will be seen quite a bit. Yeesh!

Kathi

You have gotten yourself into quit a pickle. I didn't go there to see but I did laugh because it is something that I could have done as well. Hopefully it will die a nice death and that will be that. A huge learning experience. I guess my teasing is over now so I hope you don't go any higher on the viewing.

Kathi Lake
09-12-2010, 06:06 PM
How did I go for so long without noticing a Kathi Lake thread??? Shame on me.Ummmm, because you have a life and everything? :)

So if you are good with winning, I hope you do. If not, you still a winner in our book. :hugs:Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I guess my teasing is over now so I hope you don't go any higher on the viewing.Sigh. Still higher today. I thought that the day before, being in the 80s would make me solidly obscure. Yesterday, I was in the 40's. Today it's the 30's. It's a good thing that I switched to Secret antiperspirant (strong enough for a crossdresser, but made for a woman) a year or so ago, or I'd be making some serious gravy right about now.

Kathi

Frédérique
09-12-2010, 11:57 PM
"You're the dumbest smart guy I know!"

I’m very pleased to know you! If you think YOU'RE dumb, you need to know that it took me a few drive-bys to locate your entry collage. :doh:

I totally see your point in your concerns about keeping separation. Playing the odds, I seriously doubt anyone will happen across your beautiful collage (which btw was put together with much more imagination than a lot of the 300+ pages of entries I saw...yes, I told you I tried to find you!)

As usual, I'm late to the party (I mean thread). The background of your collage is intentionally “busy,” perhaps reflecting your perspiration-inducing mindset, not to mention your glamorous taste and raison d'être? The image of you says it all, and it is superb, capable of demoralizing young women and crossdressers alike – I think they call this crossing-over, no pun intended. Seriously, my dear, you’re on a different level, not only capable of wearing things that other crossdressers dream about, but you’re also imbued with the confidence to go public and shine. I get the feeling you crave attention (who doesn’t?), so you entered the contest accordingly. You’re a celebrity here, among your sisters, and I think any foray into the world at large can only bring more and more success, whether you really WANT it or not. Ah, the possibilities…:daydreaming:

The fact you are a male (excuse me), and you can pull it off (excuse me again), makes this whole enterprise rather fascinating. You really have balls, Kathi (excuse me a third time)! What would Freddy do? Well, I wouldn’t submit a photo of myself to a bastion of femininity like the store in question, mainly because I don’t have one of sufficient quality, PhotoShop be damned. I enter a lot of art shows, so I’m used to competition with images, albeit once-removed from the arena and subject to the whims of judges. That means I’m used to rejection, but I have confidence in my entries at all times, a necessary condition for entering a contest of this sort. I think you’ve done very well because of your aforementioned confidence, and I think you have an excellent chance – the store would certainly gain a lot of publicity if you won. But, Persephone is right – you really are seriously too damn pretty…

I go along with eluuzion in regards to Facebook, et al – I’m satisfied to exist in some manner within the confines of this site, although I have looked around from time to time. Too little time and not enough Freddy, plus I seem to contract viruses easily, hence my reticence. Online, I wear my dumbness like a sheath dress, and it’s completely transparent…:eek:

Kathi Lake
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
I get the feeling you crave attention (who doesn’t?), so you entered the contest accordingly.Interesting. It is a possibility. Heck, my wife thinks I'm an exhibitionist (I told her, I was outside in the nude that time because I was cranking the patio umbrella down during a windstorm! Last time I didn't and it almost broke our patio table. :)). When I'm out and about, I guess I do have what may be called exhibitionistic tendencies. I want Kathi to be seen. Not just because I feel pretty (which, yeah, I do feel it at times), but because I am trying to show the world, one mall at a time, that we crossdressers are a great bunch of normal people.

My point in all this is that if I do crave attention, I crave it as Kathi, not plain, boring old me.

Kathi

Ameli
09-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Kathi,

I too had a hard time finding your entry, and I wasn't trying to vote for you (honestly). I was very pleasantly surprised to see how many male names were there. I think your photo and entry are fantastic. Thanks for putting such a representative for all of us, not to mention all the fun that you have provided us.

Ameli

SherriePall
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Kathi -- Is there no way to contact the contest people and tell them that the entry was done without your permission? A little white lie, perhaps, but better than bearing whatever may come otherwise.

Heisthebride
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
So...you don't want a weekend spa trip and a $1000 shopping spree at you favorite store? Really!?!?!?

I get it, I really do. You don't want to be outed and all that stuff. But I can't recall who won the Miss USA pageant much less who won a random stores top prize. I'm also guessing they don't want any oddball publicity as much as you.

Step one - see if you even win

Step two - talk to them afterwards. If they want you to star in a national media blitz, then you can decline. In the event that the winner can't perform her duties blah, blah, blah.

Kathi Lake
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
. . . but I can't recall who won the Miss USA pageant, much less who won a random store's top prize.True. But think about this, . . if I had won the Miss USA pageant - as a man - I can guarantee you that people would remember. :)

Kathi

Jenny Gurl
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
The good news is when I went to their site and selected view more collages it gave me the option to select most viewed to make it much easier to find you. The best news is they changed your name on the collage from your "other name" to Kathi Lake. That is good because it has moved from page 12 of most viewed to page 8 in a matter of a few minutes. don't know if congratulations are in order but you are certainly earned the ranking. With the changed name it may work out for you. Your other name disappeared so I have to believe somehow they changed it. They also seem to have corrected the aspect ratio as your image is not scrunched down and you look like your normal size.

SuzanneBender
09-13-2010, 09:36 PM
My point in all this is that if I do crave attention, I crave it as Kathi, not plain, boring old me.

I need to realign my priorities. Like Sara I too am missing too many Kathi Lake posts. I think I will give up eating or sleeping so I can have more time to follow your exploits.

I hate to find a giggle in the trials of a good friend, but goodness this is too funny. Somehow I could just picture you in front of your PC crying in that typical Lucy cry as you hit delete, delete, delete.

I have bad news and good news. The good news is girl you have one heck of a shot at this contest and the prize is Styletabulous! The bad news is you could put any name on that entery and have a great shot at this contest. Someone with the name of Joe McMAN or Tom McBoy could win that contest with your picture on the entry.

Don't feel bad dear about being an exhibitionist. A lot of us are. Many of us live out our femme lives in the world of the intertwined net. I even know a girl or two (who me? Never.) That moderate or belong to other main stream forums as their femme selves and we don't even get the opportunity for a cool prize.

I am not sure if all of this is helping. If I were there I would give you a hug and share a giggle with you.

Kathi Lake
09-13-2010, 10:05 PM
The good news is . . .Actually, since today began a new round of judging, I resubmitted, using my Kathi name, and fixing the picture. My other one is still there, but I guess the better picture seems to be drawing the views. Of course, it's not how pretty the entrant is, it's how eye-catching their collage and entry text is. Good thing, or being the ugly little spud that I am, I'd never have a ghost of a chance (anyone get the references? :)). Heck, some women in the contest have actual boobs - and they're showing them! What do I - a lowly crossdresser - have to offer over that? :)

I need to realign my priorities. Like Sara I too am missing too many Kathi Lake posts.And, like Sara, you do have a life. I may be an exhibitionist (so goes the consensus, it seems :)), but I'm not a needy little twerp (why did Ze suddenly spring to mind?) who must monopolize your time. I seem to recall that someone here just attended a rather cool conference, and therefore wasn't expected to wait for my every jot and tittle (parse that, spell/obscenity checker!) :)

. . . someone with the name of Joe McMAN or Tom McBoy . . .Tom McBoy. I love that! I actually did Laugh Out Loud! :)

I am not sure if all of this is helping. If I were there I would give you a hug and share a giggle with you.Sis, girly commiseration is the name of the game! Thanks for both your hugs and your giggles! I treasure 'em both!

Kathi

PamelaRI
09-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Kathi,

I wouldn't say that you don't have a chance by way of your looks or the quality of your collage. Your look is eons away from "guy in a skirt". The only thing that can hold you back is how people react to your write-up. Their opinion is not a reflection of you and your internal and external beauty, but of their own sense of self worth.

So the question on the table now is - Are you in it to win it?

Kathi Lake
09-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Their opinion is not a reflection of you and your internal and external beauty, but of their own sense of self worth.I think it's sad when your self-worth is tied to what you think about others. If thinking badly about others helps you with your self-worth, then go for it, I guess. It speaks volumes more about you than it does me. If they want to think badly about me due to my writeup, so be it.

Kathi

Lucypink
09-14-2010, 01:06 AM
WOOw! your pic is great, now I see why you are concerned about winning.
But do not worry, at least until you win the big price, if so then you can tell them you are not interested in coming public.
Good luck!... Lucy.

Ameli
09-14-2010, 03:58 AM
So now that you have changed your name, can we vote for you??

Ameli

Jenny Gurl
09-14-2010, 05:23 AM
I was watching it last night. It moved up to about page 5 or 6. I can't change to the next page this morning so I don't know where it ended.

Kathi Lake
09-14-2010, 08:46 AM
So now that you have changed your name, can we vote for you??If you feel like it. I do feel less, . . . exposed is the word, I guess.

I was watching it last night. It moved up to about page 5 or 6. I can't change to the next page this morning so I don't know where it ended.Their java is screwed up today. I tore apart their page source and found that you can go to it here:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket/browse

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I need to realign my priorities. Like Sara I too am missing too many Kathi Lake posts. I think I will give up eating or sleeping so I can have more time to follow your exploits.

Ya know, something just occurred to me. By Kathi's own admission, she hasn't had a "Kathi-outing" in months. But leave it to her to create a virtual outing such as this to keep us just as enthralled as one of her legendary shopping trips. I love it!!! :)

Kathi Lake
09-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Since I can't shop, I have to do SOMETHING to release the pressure. Lately I've been doing little things; I've been using a lash growth enhancer for about five weeks (they're darker, thicker and definitely longer), I've plucked my eyebrows within an inch of their former-manly life (they're getting so thin, arched and pretty that I think a blind person could tell I'm doing it less for "manscaping" and more for all-out prettiness), I've trimmed and bleached my arm hair to near-oblivion, and more.

As I said a few posts earlier, I did post a new entry, with Kathi's name instead of my guy name. For those that can't navigate to site (which has been acting wonky today), here is the image:

I took a bit more time and care - and even got my picture to display with the right proportions. It's still in black and white, but whatever, The store does seem to have a propensity for black and white. :)

Oh yeah, I also tweaked the text a bit:

I feel beautiful when . . .

I step outside the dressing room, and their jaws drop! I feel beautiful when they say, "You look just like a woman!" I feel beautiful when I look in the mirror, . . . and finally see ME looking back at me. I know that as a guy, I'm not exactly your normal customer, but when I'm there, your friendly staff (Hi Michelle!) always makes me FEEL like I am. That, to me, is beautiful. They say that clothes make the man. I Believe it!

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
09-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Their java is screwed up today. I tore apart their page source and found that you can go to it here:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket/browse

Kathi

Try this instead:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket/browse/view/7717

Since I can't shop, I have to do SOMETHING to release the pressure. Lately I've been doing little things; I've been using a lash growth enhancer for about five weeks (they're darker, thicker and definitely longer),

Oooh, Latisse?

I've plucked my eyebrows within an inch of their former-manly life (they're getting so thin, arched and pretty that I think a blind person could tell I'm doing it less for "manscaping" and more for all-out prettiness),

I stopped doing mine because I think it was becoming obvious before I was ready to be obvious.

I feel beautiful when . . .

I step outside the dressing room, and their jaws drop! I feel beautiful when they say, "You look just like a woman!" I feel beautiful when I look in the mirror, . . . and finally see ME looking back at me. I know that as a guy, I'm not exactly your normal customer, but when I'm there, your friendly staff (Hi Michelle!) always makes me FEEL like I am. That, to me, is beautiful. They say that clothes make the man. I Believe it!

Kathi

Very good.

Veronica

Kathi Lake
09-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Try this instead . . .Well sure, if you want to go directly to my page. I thought they might enjoy browsing among the pretty ones, instead. :)

Oooh, Latisse?No. Too many side effects - browning of the irises, a permanent brown line above the lashes, etc. One of my Ulta friends recommended LiLash. It sure worked for her! I used Smashbox's Lash Revival. So far, so good. Look for a review soon.

Kathi

SusieK
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I guess if their page stays wonky, then you will go up in the rankings again. If only visitors with javascript skills and a keen interest in monitoring unconventional entries can browse the entries (i.e. all the beautiful girls on this forum who now have your link), then there's a high chance that you will race to the top.

So, er, how did you manage to break their site exactly ;)?

Susie

Jeanna
09-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow. Brings back memories of I slip up I created. BTW you look nice and I hope that you win because you deserve it.

Kathi Lake
09-15-2010, 10:25 PM
So, er, how did you manage to break their site exactly ;)?Well now,I didn't exactly break it, I just used the tools available in my browser to see where the contest site was really hosted, and went directly there. Simple, eh? By the way, my Kathi entry has moved to the front page. I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared.

Kathi

Jorja
09-16-2010, 06:41 AM
I am glad my 423 visits helped you move to the front page. :)

boardpuppy
09-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi Kathi,
I love it, love it, love it. You are 4 or 5 on the most viewed list. I will also say, you will win and you deserve it, sorry you really don't want the honor but you do have the looks.

Kathi Lake
09-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I am glad my 423 visits helped you move to the front page. :)So you're the reason, you little hacker chick!! I'd wondered if it was someone here. :)

Kathi

kimdl93
09-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Ok, Kathi, so what are you doing to do when you win? (besides blow through $1000 in less than an hour!)

Cherie
09-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Sorry kathi but that collage is so great um u have won

Asako
09-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Kathi, you really are ranked 5th on most viewed. >.> I gotta say, that collage looks great.

siantv2003
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Kathi Lake;2258541]Yeah, I guess. Still, this is how the photo was supposed to look:

That is a great pic - lovely figure good waist. YOu have nothing to be ashamed of girl!

Sara Jessica
09-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Kathi, you really are ranked 5th on most viewed.

Nope, now she's #4!!!

I smiled a lot as I have followed this thread but i'm borderline laughing right now because our (famous) friend Kathi has successfully infiltrated a place one would assume is reserved exclusively for the natal female. And in doing that with such style and grace, she really has a chance to win!!!

(Can't wait to view it again from my home computer, maybe help to bump it up to the top 3!)

Kathi Lake
09-16-2010, 02:29 PM
I smiled a lot as I have followed this thread but i'm borderline laughing right now . . .Yeah, laugh it up! I saw your post, went to the site and sure enough, my entry is number 4. Like I said earlier, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of me is, I guess the word is "validated." But my inbuilt pessimism tells me that the only reason people are looking is because I'm a guy. But then a little part of me says "Well, you certainly don't look like a guy in that picture! Maybe they're clicking it because you're pretty."

Man! Is this what women go through every day? The constant judging and rejudging of yourself based on your perceptions of others' perceptions. No wonder why guys think women are just wacky. :)

A big part of me says, "Even with the name change, what are you doing?! This picture is now out there. It is a part of the web, and doubtless countless web spiders are putting it in their caches everywhere. Am I really ready for that kind of "publicity?" I guess we'll see.

Kathi

Teri Jean
09-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Kathi, I love it to pieces. Now sister your picture is not what makes you so attractive, granted it helps, but it is the person inside. This falls into the catagory of transitioning at work and everyone wonders about sexual orientation. Then at a campus wide event you meet this cute guy and give him a hug in the middle of an empty basketball floor with 1200 employees looking on. Oh crap..................................... oh well it did feel great. Ooooops LOL teri

PretzelGirl
09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe they're clicking it because you're pretty."

Ding ding ding! There is nothing else there to give them a reason to click on it other than that.

Sophie86
09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
If you hadn't told them in your paragraph, they wouldn't know that you're not a gg. :)

donnalee
09-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh oh
Third place

Jorja
09-17-2010, 09:44 PM
So you're the reason, you little hacker chick!! I'd wondered if it was someone here. :)

Kathi

Honestly, I have not visited the site. You said you were worried about it and I would not do that to anyone, especially someone I don't know.

Kathi Lake
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Honestly, I have not visited the site. You said you were worried about it and I would not do that to anyone, especially someone I don't know.Not a worry. Since I posted another entry with my Kathi name, I'm not nearly as worried (yet even more proof that I'm a dunderhead).

Kathi

Faith_G
09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Found it, clicked it, "liked" it, hope you win. :p

PretzelGirl
09-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Rumor has it that a certain Utah beauty is in second place right now. :cheer:

Sara Jessica
09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Doing my part to help the cause, viewed again on my other computer...1st place here we come!!!

Kathi Lake
09-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Rumor has it that a certain Utah beauty is in second place right now. :cheer:Oh. My. God! :wn: This is weird. :)

Doing my part to help the cause, viewed again on my other computer...1st place here we come!!!I don't know if I want my entry to be before the president of the company. That would just be rude.

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't know if I want my entry to be before the president of the company. That would just be rude.

Kathi

I didn't view #1, don't want to prop up the leader.

Since #1 is the prez, that makes you the leader in # of views, since the prez can't win. Best you get yourself an agent real quick, I see an appearance on Oprah in your future!!! ;)

Kathi Lake
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
. . . I see an appearance on Oprah in your future!!! ;)Can I jump on her couch? That would be soooo cool!

By the way, I'm sure the president of White House/Black Market is a nice lady.

Kathi

Sophie86
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have a direct link to the most viewed page? Every time I click on it, I get a php error. :(

Kathi Lake
09-19-2010, 05:52 PM
You can try this link:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket/browse/

then click on Most Viewed (but not too many clicks :)).

Kathi

Sophie86
09-19-2010, 05:59 PM
You can try this link:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket/browse/

then click on Most Viewed (but not too many clicks :)).

Kathi

Still didn't work for me. I can get to the page at your link, but when I click any link from there it gives me the following error message:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Filename: microsite/browse.php

Line Number: 317

*sigh*

Of course, I've clicked the direct link to your page multiple times, and even sent it to my wife, but I wanted to see you in the #2 spot. :)

Sara Jessica
09-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Something about this message, makes me think Kathi has in fact won!!!

Or maybe I'm hoping. I really want to see her put holes in Oprah's couch with her heels!

Kathi Lake
09-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Something about this message, makes me think Kathi has in fact won!!!Nah. I don't think so. I tore apart the Java and it's a standard tag.

Sophie, what browser are you using (please don't say IE, please don't say IE, please don't say IE)? :)

A direct link to my page is here:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket/browse/view/7717

But why go there? There's plenty of pretty women all over the site. Vote for one of them. They'll thank you for it. :)

Kathi

Kara Connor
09-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry Kathi ... I just had to view your entry thereby pushing it up the rankings! Love the text for your entry :)

minalost
09-19-2010, 08:27 PM
...I've checked you entry two or three time (or four? Can't remember for sure...), just to check your progress, and every time I've had to take a closer look - which requires that I click on your entry. I might even have to check four or six more times before the contest ends :devil: ...
:hugs:

Debra Russell
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
like wise Kathi I Had to look just a couple more time! The whole idea is just awsome!!!!! ..... Debbie

Sophie86
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Sophie, what browser are you using (please don't say IE, please don't say IE, please don't say IE)? :)

... :)

But why go there? There's plenty of pretty women all over the site. Vote for one of them. They'll thank you for it. :)

Man up. You're gonna love it at the spa. :D

Kathi Lake
09-19-2010, 10:15 PM
... :)Oh, Sophie! You didn't!? When there are so many alternatives to that steaming pile o' code - Safari, Firefox, heck - even Chrome! Sigh. :)

Man up. You're gonna love it at the spa. :DAs others have said, like they'll really pick me - a guy - to win a contest for a women's clothing store? Shuh. As if!

Kathi

Kathi Lake
09-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, so far, so good. The last of the weekly winners was chosen today. In a few days, the big winner will be chosen. It's funny being torn between wanting to win and wanting nothing to do with getting my face out there more than it already is. Sigh. I'm a bipolar contestant.

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Well, so far, so good. The last of the weekly winners was chosen today. In a few days, the big winner will be chosen. It's funny being torn between wanting to win and wanting nothing to do with getting my face out there more than it already is. Sigh. I'm a bipolar contestant.

Kathi

So to what number do we text our final votes??? ;)

Kathi Lake
09-24-2010, 09:10 AM
So to what number do we text our final votes??? ;)At the risk of dating myself, BR-549. At the risk of sounding like a geek, /dev/null.

Kathi

Jorja
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
I just want you to know I am up to 15,000 views of your lovely page. :D

Kathi Lake
09-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I just want you to know I am up to 15,000 views of your lovely page. :DYou must have a lot of spare time on your pretty little hands. Find a hobby! Help the homeless! Work at a shelter!

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Kathi proved earlier that I'm no techie but it is my guess that these counter things can measure a count by ip address, cookie, or something like that. In other words, one computer, one vote. That's why I was glad to view on my desktop and my laptop, gives this girl two votes for sure!!!

Then again, I may be wrong and 15K votes goes quite a long way to help your cause.

AKAMichelle
09-24-2010, 05:38 PM
You must have a lot of spare time on your pretty little hands. Find a hobby! Help the homeless! Work at a shelter!

Kathi

Why - I just created a little bot that calls up your page 10 times per minute and it works 24 / 7. The push is on for the big winner. :D

Jorja
09-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Stick with us Kathi, we will get you that win :D

Jenny Gurl
09-25-2010, 07:32 AM
At the risk of dating myself, BR-549. At the risk of sounding like a geek, /dev/null.

Kathi

It's also sad that I get both jokes. Doh:heehee:

AKAMichelle
09-25-2010, 03:48 PM
At the risk of dating myself, BR-549. At the risk of sounding like a geek, /dev/null.

Kathi

The sad part is that I knew the /dev/null but not BR-549. I learned something today. This site is really becoming educational.

Now we have both outed ourselves as our careers. :D

Kathi Lake
10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I have to wonder what machinations and churnings the company is going through for this contest. Still no winners, even though the rules said they would decide by the 27th of last month. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that conference room;

Person 1:
"Look people, the winner is clear. Kathi Lake. The public has spoken since she, . . . he, . . . whoever, has the most views. Yes, I know that it's the artistic ability that's being judged, and not the number of page views, but you can't argue with eyeballs!"

Person 2:
"Yes, but we can't have the winner of a ladies clothing store be a man. It's just not right! It's not the image that we want to portray. Sure, he's hot and all, . . ."

So, what do you think? Will I get a registered letter soon or bupkis?

Kathi

Sophie86
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
The sad part is that I knew the /dev/null but not BR-549. I learned something today. This site is really becoming educational.

Now we have both outed ourselves as our careers. :D

I know BR-549 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeDX6ESys10) but not /dev/null... :o

What can I say? Those Hee Haw girls were pretty special! :D

So, what do you think? Will I get a registered letter soon or bupkis?

Kathi

The one thing we can be sure of is that they're going to do what gets them the best publicity, but I think that could go either way. :)

Christie ann
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I bet they are re-thinking a whole new marketing campaign and you will be the spokes-girl. Please let us know when the TV spots will air.

PretzelGirl
10-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Maybe it is time to call your favorite sales girl for the insider skinny.

Claire Cook
10-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Kathi,

If you win that store will open itself up to a whole new clientelle! Just think what RuPaul did for MAC.....

Jorja
10-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Kathi,

If you win that store will open itself up to a whole new clientelle! Just think what RuPaul did for MAC.....

Oh I can see it now..... RuKathi :)

SherriePall
10-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Kathi -- You know you will have to keep us up to date on all of this.

Christina Horton
10-02-2010, 02:01 PM
I first read this thread when there was like 3 other comments....I did not write anything but have been following it and have not gone to the site as you asked....After you changed your name I was going to but you were flip flopping between (I want to win....I don't want to win....I want to win....I don't want to win....I want to win....I don't want to win....) So I never went there just to make sure I did not push you over the top and win all that (DUMB) girly stuff!!! I hope you win and be proud of it. Your great hun and I love ya for that ;)

Chickhe
10-03-2010, 12:30 AM
...'our clothes are so flattering that even a man can look beautiful!'

DianeDeBris
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM
So what was the result of the contest?

Kathi Lake
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Well, poo!

I looks like the contest is over and, as I haven't been contacted, (and I've been refreshing my G-mail page, believe me! :)) I didn't win:

As I said in my original post (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?139070), I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I am kinda sad that I didn't win the pretty clothes. On the other hand, I'm glad that I can hopefully escape with my lack of notoriety intact.

Sure, there were visions of the president of the company and I chatting about how best to serve their transgender clientele over lunch, the spokesmodel gig, and even Oprah! :)

Ah well, at the end of the day, I still would have been what I am today - me - a guy who loves dressing up as a woman!

Kathi

Kathi Lake
10-08-2010, 10:48 PM
So what was the result of the contest?Sadly, it looks as if I did not win. Sigh. Oh well, it sure was fun considering the possibilities! Besides, I think a member of their target demographic should have won.

Kathi

Lorileah
:hugs: that's ok Kathi we still :love: ya

Miranda09
Oh Darn...I was pulling for you too Kathi! Hey, maybe your notification was just ..... lost!!!!!! Yeah, you know, in cyberspace!!!! OK, maybe not, but if I were the judge, you'd be shopping right now! ;)

Persephone
10-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Well darn! I wanted to see the big posters in the stores staring you in a sexy outfit. I was looking forward to taking all my GG friends over, pointing to your poster and saying, "she's my friend."

Oh well, there's always next year.

Asako
10-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Hrm...I was sure you'd win. =/ I did find it humorous that the only page with more views than yours was the company president's.

diane51
10-09-2010, 05:07 AM
That's too bad you didn't win. You would have made a very good spokeswoman in support of us. I did vote for you.

Jenny Gurl
10-09-2010, 05:58 AM
After you were ok with it, you had my vote, and not just because you are a friend. Your photo really did show a sassy confident female ready to take on the world, or at least a few shopping trips. I would have voted for you even if I didn't know you. Who knows, they may still be arguing over the fact that a CD won the contest. From a business stand point I can see them wanting to do what is best for business. Our battles are not theirs, and they may be considering how it would effect business more than who won. On the other hand, Joe Namath advertised for beauty mist pantyhose. Their claim was if they make a guy look this good imagine what they could do for a GG. Anyway, we still love you just as you are and I believe you are a great spokesperson for the CD community. Here is a link to the Joe Namath pantyhose commercial for those who never saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3oOQq9KFU

Shelly Preston
10-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Kathi

I know winning would have been great for you even if it may have given you a few problems too.

However, I am sure your entry would have created a discussion at the company about how good you look.

You never know you might just get a call in the future. ;)

LeannL
10-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Kathi,
Given the number of views you had, I am sure you were a topic of conversation among the judges. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during those deliberations :). You won in my world. congratulations.
Leann

Jorja
10-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Darn! It was rigged I tell ya. :D

As you say, on one hand you are relieved but on the other hand you may have done more good for girls like us than you may ever know. Anyone who watched the results of this contest, believe me thier competitors did, now may realize there is a market they have overlooked. In these times of poor economic growth they all want what we have, MONEY (well some have it).

If I come across anymore contest I'll be sure to let you know :D

SherriePall
10-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Well, Kathi, I, too, am disappointed that you didn't win. I voted for you several times (can I say that?) because I was told long ago to "vote early and vote often." (Unfortunately, around these parts, it wasn't completely a joke.) Getting the most views shows that you have a lot of friends. Keep that in mind.

TxKimberly
10-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, since you couldn't decide if you wanted to win or loose, I can't decide if I should say congrats or condolences . . . :D

AKAMichelle
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
That ok. You were probably just the runner up. So if she can't fulfill her obligations then it falls to you. :D

Frédérique
10-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Winning and losing -- the best of both worlds!

You deserve one of these: :bighug:

PretzelGirl
10-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Check your spam box! Never give up! You are a winner even if they don't want to confirm it.

Kathi Lake
10-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks for all the lovely compliments, ladies! It does help to soften the blow. :)

You were probably just the runner up. So if she can't fulfill her obligations then it falls to you.Well then, if I'm runner up, don't I get at least a smaller tiara or something? A bouquet? :)

You deserve one of these: :bighug:Thanks for the hug, my friend.

. . . but on the other hand you may have done more good for girls like us than you may ever know.Hmmmm. Interesting thought. I certainly hope I was representing us as the normal, wonderful people we are.

Kathi

Kathi Lake
10-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Interesting update. They finally announced the contst winners on the WHBM Facebook page. I have already had one woman post, saying that I should have won due to my grace, class, and "story." I don't know if she knows that my "story" isn't really a story - I mean, I'm not doing what some brave souls on here do with hormones, surgery, and an entire lifestyle change. I just dress up in pretty clothes once in awhile.

Still, it's kind of neat to see the support of people like us from the normal public. It sure is better than the alternative!

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Was trying to think of the perfect (and funny) response to your post.

I don't know if she knows that my "story" isn't really a story - I mean, I'm not doing what some brave souls on here do with hormones, surgery, and an entire lifestyle change. I just dress up in pretty clothes once in awhile.

For now....mwah ha ha ha. Just so you know, "I just dress up in pretty clothes once in a while" is similar to how I used to identify.

Prescriptive language, cheerleading!

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha.

Veronica

LeannL
10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Kathi,

I think she has a very valid point. What you consider a non-story is really a good narative that the rest of the world needs to see, understand and hopefully accept.

And it is really neat !!!

Leann

PS. What was the link again?

Kathi Lake
10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you Leann! As for links, my (losing) page is here:

http://development.osminvention.com/whitehouseblackmarket//browse/view/7717/1/1/1

Here's a picture of some of the Facebook posting:

As for you, Veronica, I'll deal with you later, missy!

Kathi

Frédérique
10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Still, it's kind of neat to see the support of people like us from the normal public. It sure is better than the alternative!

We have met the “alternative,” and it is us! :eek:
Will there be a formal concession speech...er...post? Bring some roses for the lady! :love: That's better...

Kathi Lake
10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Will there be a formal concession speech...er...post?No, I'll just do the whole Miss America style "stand there with tears in my eyes and a frozen smile while the winner walks to the front and I and my dreams are left crushed and broken on the ground for the world to see" thing.

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
You'll never be second place in my book, so practice the pageant wave and stock up on double sided tape

Veronica

Kathi Lake
10-20-2010, 11:49 AM
. . . and stock up on double sided tapeInteresting commonality - they use it to stick their dress to their boobs, I use it to stick my boobs to . . . me.

Kathi

SherriePall
10-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Tania's words to you brought tears to my eyes, Kathi. She sounds like a wonderful girl. But, then, so are you.

Kathi Lake
10-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Why thank you, Sherrie!

Tania has turned out to be a wonderful source of support. Apparently when she friended me, she took a bit of flack from her friends. She said, "I have been asked why I'm friends on here with those considered outcast. I do what I believe Jesus would do and not religion. I speak my heart, beliefs and don't care what people think. I'm a open book and we all are outcast without God's love every day. Who am I to judge?" I responded "As one of those outcasts, I thank you for your friendship, Tania. I would like to think my heart for Him overrides what I wear from time to time. God made me this way (my girly body). I'm just taking advantage of it. :)"

Kathi

Sara Jessica
10-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Why thank you, Sherrie!

Tania has turned out to be a wonderful source of support. Apparently when she friended me, she took a bit of flack from her friends. She said, "I have been asked why I'm friends on here with those considered outcast. I do what I believe Jesus would do and not religion. I speak my heart, beliefs and don't care what people think. I'm a open book and we all are outcast without God's love every day. Who am I to judge?" I responded "As one of those outcasts, I thank you for your friendship, Tania. I would like to think my heart for Him overrides what I wear from time to time. God made me this way (my girly body). I'm just taking advantage of it. :)"

Kathi

This is such a sweet little result of your contest experience. And while I'm not the most religious person in the world, your response to Tania is very touching. I might add though that IMHO, it's not so much that God made you with a girly body and therefore you take advantage of it. Rather, I think God put both male and female in your heart. Your "girly body" just makes it a bit easier to obtain fulfillment in Kathi presentation but more importantly, you have somehow been blessed with the strength to successfully balance both sides of what is in your heart.

BLUE ORCHID
10-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi Kathi
This is one of lifes funny little twists .
May we all profit from your experience.
Orchid

alice clair
10-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't feel like the only dummy here, i entered a promotional contest for clothing just name address and phone # required. Well i got a phone call some 8 weeks later and the woman asked to speak to Michelle .... and i was so shocked to hear my fem name i about #%^&, after i recovered (a few seconds) i had to tell her that i was a crossdresser and that i used my fem name for fun and there was no one named Michelle except me. She said that after 15 years of her job that i was the first and only crossdresser she had encountered, but she said that at least i was honest. And i wasn't even embarassed by it. Thank you for letting me babble on.

Michelle