PDA

View Full Version : rings etc?

Sally2005
09-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know a good store to buy cheaply priced large size rings in Ottawa? I don't have much jewlery and I can't spend a fortune, I just want to have some nice looking rings, bracelets etc. to be more realistic in appearance.

Stephenie
09-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Stores that sell to teenage girls usually have a lot of jewlery that is cheap. As the father of 5 girls I have bought a lot.

Sharon
09-02-2005, 10:04 AM
You can also check online sites, particularly EBay, but you will need to know what size ring you wear. You can often find great looking rings at terrific prices, just make sure you aren't ripped off by shipping/handling rates which should be no more than a few dollars(C) per item.

Kimberly
09-02-2005, 12:10 PM
You can find a lot of cheap accessories in... well... accessory shops! He he. Most female clothing chain-stores will have an acsessories section.

(Anyone know how to spell Acsessoreez, by the way!?!? :p)

tifftg
09-02-2005, 01:17 PM
They carry large sizes, you can try them in the store, the holders are labeled so you can quickly both find things that fit you and also learn your size.

good luck

Tiff

CharleneCD
09-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Wal Mart does carry some costume jewelry rings in sizes up to 11 or 12. Just be prepared for your finger to have a green band when you take the ring off.

Deidra Cowen
09-03-2005, 05:22 AM
The mall I go to has those little venders out in the main aisleways between the stores. One of which sell jewerly for pretty cheap. Everytime I go to the mall I usually stop and buy a thing or two. I love silver jewerly and it has the advantage of being inexpensive. By the way I always had this almost wierd fetish thing about girls that had thumb rings. LOL so of course I got two of those going on!

The owner now knows me and happily greets me when he sees me. I could tell the first time I stopped my male voice threw him off a bit...but now he just treats me like a chick. (Money talks...all else walks!) :rolleyes:

Clare
09-03-2005, 06:56 AM
I have no femme jewellery other than one pair of earrings at the moment.

Want to get at least a pearl ring, a diamond dress ring, and a gold ring with a special design. I'd really like to have a ring for each finger - but no cash as i'm out of work now.

I'm sure i posted in another thread that i also want bracelets, anklets, toe rings, a belly bar, more earrings, the list goes on........

Christine

HaleyPink2000
09-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Hmmm? I need a size 13 1/2 ring. Can't find one

Haley:)

kathy gg
09-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I know this is not In ottawa, but this guy is supposed to be very tf friendly

http://www.ronsrhinestones.com/rings.html

Supplies to alot of drag queens ect

good luck
kathy in canada

Jen_TGCD
09-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Hmmm? I need a size 13 1/2 ring. Can't find one

I learned this trick quite a few years ago...

If you find a nice ring that you like, go ahead and buy it. At home, cut through the band and spread it open enough to fit your finger!!! :thumbsup:

I use a Dremel tool to cut through the band but you can just buy a small metal blade at the hardware store and cut it manually. Use a file (even a finger nail file) to dull the edges.

If the ring is just a "little" too snug you can pound it out almost a full size if the band is thick enough. This works really well with silver rings!

I would practice on some less expensive rings first! :D

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Check out Classic Plus Size Jewelry (http://www.classicplussizejewelry.com/) and Berkner Designs (http://www.berknerdesigns.com/plus_size/jewelry.htm)

Just remember there are also GGs in our sizes and they've got to shop somewhere. So searching for "plus size jewelry" will turn up a number of other shops.

Georgette
09-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Try Claire's they have all kinds.

Kathrine
09-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I recently ordered two rings from an online company with many larger sized rings. They may have something you are interested in.

http://www.shavonne.com/rings/

Jen_TGCD
09-05-2005, 01:23 AM
I recently ordered two rings from an online company with many larger sized rings. They may have something you are interested in.

http://www.shavonne.com/rings/

Wow...Wow... Wow ! ! ! Thanks for the link to Shavonne... it's great! I just spent a couple of hours just going through the sale section. And, I finally found some wide gold cuff bracelets! Have been looking for those for years.

:bow: Thanks, again, Kathrine! :thumbsup:

ebony
09-05-2005, 02:37 PM
All teenage girls shop for jewlery at all the swapmeets and mall
boutiques

tifftg
09-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow...Wow... Wow ! ! ! Thanks for the link to Shavonne... it's great! I just spent a couple of hours just going through the sale section. And, I finally found some wide gold cuff bracelets! Have been looking for those for years.

:bow: Thanks, again, Kathrine! :thumbsup:

Oh my what a terrific site, I love the selection and the prices are awesome, thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Tiff :hugs:

HaleyPink2000
09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks Jen, your a sweetie.

Haley:)