PDA

View Full Version : HR Dept.

Victoria Anne
09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I noticed my name had not yet been changed in the companies computer system so I called the HR dept. As many of you know I had forgotten to talk to HR about my going full time on the 18Th . The long and the short of it I found they had not received the name change paperwork yet so I will resend it when I get home , while talking to them I don't know how it came up but before I knew it I was telling her about my upcoming RLE and this was something that I have stressed over far to much . In a nut shell , no problem ! she assured me I have nothing to fear , there will be no discrimination on the part of the company or the insurance (my biggest worry) , as it turns out they do have a policy in place to protect TS persons , I was surprised to say the least and relieved .

My fears where for not , I know I am in a very small minority in that I have not lost my wife , job nor any friends or family over my coming out , in fact I have made a couple of new friends and found support in places I never expected it. Ladies let me assure you that the world is not so scary after all so don't be afraid to come out of that closet and into the big bright world , I will never go back , cannot go back as it would kill me to do so. I know it is not for everyone but coming out is the greatest relief and the peace I have found is immeasurable.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO MY WIFE AND ALL OF YOU ! THANK YOU.

Viccy

Faith_G
09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
:hugs: See, I told you it would be OK! :)

rachellenicole
09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Congratulations Viccy, you cleared a major hurdle in your life!

Rach

AllieSF
09-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Good for you. You had me worried when I read the other thread about "forgetting" to advise the HR department. I can appreciate the difficulties that you are and will be facing them. Good luck and keep moving forward to be the real you.

Victoria Anne
09-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Thank you Faith , Rachelle and Allie I can only go forward and now I can do so with confidence and a glad heart now that I am unburdened from my secret.

Jennifer in CO
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
its a wonderful path we walk at times isn't it. WAY back when I transitioned in 79 my HR was not only supportive, but the owner of the company promised to fire anyone who gave me crap. There was one guy (always) who didn't like me before I transitioned and REALLY didn't after. He continually gave me BS. He didn't get fired...but he did get his "come-upance" from several co-workers. They did it on my day off so it would be guaranteed that it couldn't get back to me for doing anything. Lets just say he never bothered me for the last 3 weeks he was there....

Jenn

pamela_a
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
That's so good to hear Viccy. It's great to hear about the support you are getting. No stopping you now girl. :hugs:

StaceyJane
09-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm so happy eerything is going well.