PDA

View Full Version : pulled over!

StephanieDragg
09-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Went out tonight to a bar across town, where I made last call and sat and enjoyed a couple of non-alcoholic beers, on the way home I kicked off my heels to slip on my footies while I was stopped at the light, as I did my car crept into the intersection a little bit... well I was followed and of coarse pulled over as my heart started racing...(OMG) I tried to remain very calm but inside I was sooo nervous I could have exploded. The officer walked up and said "good evening ma'am license and registration....), so I had my license ready to which he looked , shined his light at me and said, er sir....I couldn't find my registration right away but basically just said I was taking off my heels (:o) sorry....he asked if I had been drinking to which I replied just 2 non-alcoholic beers...when he came back from his car without one word even said he just handed me back my license and turned and got back to his car....phhhhewww :doh: I feel like such a dew-phus!

Persephone
09-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Yipes! Well. it certainly sounds like he was very professional and that he did the right thing. Guess you really should change from heels before starting to drive! :)

Apparently, the police in S. E. Michigan have been very active this week. One of my contacts there was pulled for not having renewed the vehicle registration. Only they got a ticket -- then again, it was a guy in drab and they usually do get written up.

Loni
09-09-2010, 02:43 AM
hello does anybody out there know that officers are on the look out for any drinking?? any thing to give them a chance to pull you over and go fishing...
and we are just coming off the (last party weekend of the year).
one can even get pulled over by a board cop just trying to find something to do (fishing again).

but good to here that you passed with no problems. here is a good reason for people like us to NOT drink when out for a drive. get a friend to drive or pay the price and get a motel. (even a taxi is much cheaper then getting busted)

here ware i live drunk driving is a hot ticket for the cops, living up in the hills we have a larger than normal % amount of drunks on the rd, and of course the meth made up here. for some reason the bad guys just can not maintain driving with in the law and get busted often.

JenniferR771
09-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Way to go Steph! You now have another cd merit badge. First time for everything. I am so glad you were smart about not drinking that night. I would have been so nervous; OMFG! Probably would have needed to change my panties. This is a good lesson for all of us--change your shoes with the car in park. Here is a sympathetic hug. Calm down now and get back to work. Did you at least look cute? What were you wearing? Be glad you weren't in Louisisna.

AKAMichelle
09-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I know the feeling. I recently had a fender bender right in front of a cop in Fort Collins on a Friday night with hundreds of drunk college students after one drink. All I could think about was a field soberity test while dressed. I was terrified and luckily got through it without harm or the test.

Alice Torn
09-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Whhew! I got pulled over on my second time out. Again, the cop was very pro, didn't make dress an issue, gave me a warning for nervous driving, told me to go home and sleep.

Billijo49504
09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
In W. Michigan the public service announcments are, "Over the Limit, Under Arrest." That's why I only drink at home, unless it's Diet Coke...BJ

StephanieDragg
09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Well I was very self conscious and worried last night about the whole ordeal but I am already feeling better about it, I guess I looked nice anyways... I had on a new black dress I had found at the resale and posted picts of that in photos gallery...I always just drink coffee or NA beer when I am out, but I will prepare myself better and be more careful and not take those drives for granted, it was a good lesson.

Monika G
09-09-2010, 09:24 AM
The LBD must have done its magic. Love your story. I am glad all turned out well.