PDA

View Full Version : New Survey -- Percentage of Male Population as CDs

Jamsey
09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
I read Linda's 'Percentage of Male Population as CDs' with interest. A question came to mind.

How many of you, if you were completing a survey, and came across a question about cross dressing, how would you answer? Be honest.

I know most of you are automatically going to say 'Yes, of course' but it may be interesting.

Yes or no?

Jamsey.

1st response.
Well it depends. I know it says Yes or No, but I'm using my perogative as a GIRL to stipulate an answer.
If my SO was looking over my shoulder or if in hearing distance, if an oral survey, of course I'm going to say NO.
If the survey is discrete, then, YES. Of course, that is if I believe that no one would find out it was me who completed the survey.

Jamsey

Joanne f
09-11-2010, 08:45 AM
If possible i would answer " No as i am transgender"

JenniferR771
09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Today, I am comfortable with "Yes". But 15 years ago in my 50's I would probably have said , "NO."
I am not sure if that is because of my more mature outlook (retired, last year). Or perhaps it would be because with the internet, I just know there are lots of people like me, and they are ordinary people in all other aspects of their lives.

In fact, wouldn't it be best to ask those over 65 if they are crossdressers? They have less to worry about careerwise. Less to worry about with wives or relationships. Or, would it be best to ask over 65 wives and widows. They would know--mostly. They cleaned out the closets, right?

There are a lot of us to be sure--on this site around 670,000 posts. After only a few years. On other sites--add it together--how many posts and views do you find? How many searches on Goog? How many websites come up? About 8,800,000 results. Somebody typed the magic word.

Jamie.cd
09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd most likely say no if it was a survey in the street, online though I would like to think I would say yes.

Sarah Doepner
09-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I got a survey that included that kind of question at work a few years before I retired. I answered honestly and sent it back in. I never saw any detailed results from the survey but in the time since I left they have instituted a stronger non-discrimination policy. That policy isn't just for crossdressers but includes the entire GLBT community and expands coverage for race, ethnicity and religious minorities. I must have not been the only one who was willing to answer honestly. I don't know what kind of followup training there has been to make sure all the employees understand the changes, but that needs to be done as well to insure compliance.

Nicole Brown
09-11-2010, 11:01 AM
If possible i would answer " No as i am transgender"

I think I agree with what Joanne said, I do not really consider myself a CD, but I do consider myself to be a transgendered woman. I also believe that I would try and find a method for explaining this so that the author of the survey didn't just take my reply to be a simple "NO" response.

PretzelGirl
09-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Without any discussion about terminology, I would answer yes if it was an anonymous survey.

Alice B
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
If they survey is not going to identify you to co-workers, etc. then I see no problem with being honest. The question would have to be there for a reason, so tell the truth.

Rianna Humble
09-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I would have to say no as I no longer wear any male clothing

Linda7
09-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I came across the reference to the survey on the Internet, the final result to a "scientific survey" was given at 8% but a less scientific survey went as high as 15%. It did make me wonder just how accurate these surveys are. Have I been asked if I cross-dress? No. What would my answer be? I'd reply, "Sure, I wear jeans and shirt every day!"
Linda7

Lucy_Bella
09-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I would have to say no as I no longer wear any male clothing

Hahaha.....Thats a good one....