PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser for life?

Valerie1973
09-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi all, it's late, my SO works grave yard and I don't sleep well when shes gone. But I was thinking if a day would come when I'd have to give all this up and throw in the towel because I'm to old and ugly to dress up. Do any of you think a day will come when it's time to hang up the wig and call it quits? Or will you continue when your 95 and can't hold you water? :eek:

Tranny Tee
09-12-2010, 01:40 AM
I don't know that I'll ever be that old or that ugly to cause me to quit. Perhaps when the villagers carrying torches come after me.

Danni Bear
09-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Too late Valerie, already past that point in life and Tranny the villagers just want you at the bonfire LOL

Danni

Josey
09-12-2010, 04:09 AM
70 and still cding!

Kate Simmons
09-12-2010, 04:12 AM
I guess it all depends on when, if and how much you make it work for you.:)

suzy1
09-12-2010, 04:48 AM
I have thought of this and simply don’t know.
I can’t see me in heels and using a Zimmer frame.
And yet, Suzy has grown over the years and is now a part of who I am.
I hope when I am 70 I will send a post Like Josey.

SUZY

Mary Morgan
09-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Yes, when they pry my lipstick out of my cold rigid hand.

Cathy J
09-12-2010, 05:55 AM
You will never get that old! I'm almost 78, dress every chance I get ( sometimes daily) and enjoy it more than ever. Still very much in the closet, tho.

Hugs,

Karinsamatha
09-12-2010, 06:02 AM
I plan on dressing as long as I am able to! I know at this point if I don't I am a miserable person to be around - I don't want to be a cranky old goat when I am old.
:hugs:

Freddy12
09-12-2010, 06:03 AM
I think age will not make many, if any, stop. After all, there are lots of old GG's also!

Danielle Gee
09-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Valerie:

I'm 60, and in many ways I'm more satisfied with my CDiing than when I was 20. I can't predict what's going to happen in the future however.

Danielle

Jenniferpl
09-12-2010, 06:27 AM
I am in my 50's. Since it refuses to go away, cding is here to stay.

Samantha B L
09-12-2010, 06:38 AM
"I don'y care what they may say, C D'ing is here to stay"

eluuzion
09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
I will probably be playing bingo in the recreation center with all of the other blue-haired residents of the sanitarium, er, ah...I mean retirement,, er ah, confinement..er, ah... I mean "assisted living center"...there we go! I am going to make sure to add a stipulation to my "living will" that if I end up in one of those "prisons"...I must have my own golf cart...pink or purple...with a sailcloth top...and a horn...and fog lites...and a cooler...and a GPS...and a closet...

No, wait...just shoot me...

Actually, I always thought the Alaskan strategy (perch you on a chunk of ice let you float away) would work well for me. Only I want to start off the east coast of Florida in a catamaran, dressed in a two piece bikini, blue wig, one of those big floppy straw hats, those black x-ray goggle sunglasses, a fishing pole, some duct tape, nail polish, Derma Blend chroma 2....and a volleyball.

SherriePall
09-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Collecting Social Security (began at minimum age) and still dressing. In fact, I'm still learning.

Gerrijerry
09-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I need to drink water, eat food, and get dressed everyday now. So why would it change just because you get older.

Lucy_Bella
09-12-2010, 07:18 AM
I will never grow old!!! My body may but I simple refuss too!!! And you can't make me neither ,,,so there...lol

Daenna Paz
09-12-2010, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=Valerie1973;2261630] But I was thinking if a day would come when I'd have to give all this up and throw in the towel because I'm to old and ugly to dress up. Do any of you think a day will come when it's time to hang up the wig and call it quits? QUOTE]

TOO LATE!! LOL!!!!!!!! :lol:

TxKimberly
09-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but I have been having the very same thoughts . . .

Tina B.
09-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Well I'm only 66 so I guess I may not be old enough to answer this one. But as long as someone out there is still selling wigs with white or silver hair, and as long as the stores keep stocking womens clothes for mature women, and as long as I can still wrap my old arthritic fingers around a tube of lipstick, I'll be there, orthopedic shoes and all!
Tina B.

AKAMichelle
09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Why throw in the towel because you are old and ugly. Have you noticed any GG's throwing in the towel when they get old and wrinkly. No - they just own the look and go on with their life. Celebrate each stage of your life because beauty doesn't last forever.

Gina X
09-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi I won't see my 65th birthday again but all that being older and slighty disabled is to make me more determined to enjoy being a CD I don't judge others anymore and I don't worry about what others think. I believe the secret is to dress your age I would look a little silly wearing a mini skirt with my arthritic knees so longer skirt lenghts it is, I can still wear nice undies and stockings use expensive perfume and makeup and wear satin PJ's and nighties. I'm better looking when dressed than a lot of GG's of the same age and my boobies don't hang around my waistline and I shall go on for as long as I can and probably a little longer......

Lots of love GinaX

Debutante
09-12-2010, 11:23 AM
The older you get the more free you become, wishing to fulfill all those desires put off from the past.........

countrygirl
09-12-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope to have Amanda a part of my life for the rest of my life, tried to give it up one time and relized I am male and female and Amanda is a part me that will not be going away and therefore I have accepected that crossdressing is part of me.

t-girlxsophie
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
That's my only worry,or even fear that a time will come when I'll be forced to hang up my wig,and close the closet door on my Sophie life,I really don't want to contemplate wearing elasticated waist skirts and slacks,wrinkly support stockings etc,But hey! Maybe ill be the oldest,but best dressed swinger in town though and grow old (dis)gracefully .I'm 44 now but I'm not ready for the knackers yard just yet :)

carhill2mn
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
This is a topic that I am not going to worry about. Circumstances will probably dictate what my CDing will be like when I am older (I am 72 now).

Sarah Doepner
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm fortunate in I didn't have to get old before I got ugly. I'll let you know when I give up crossdressing, but it won't be soon.

Elle1946
09-12-2010, 05:04 PM
The best that I can figure, CD for life OR, as long as I enjoy it. Which ever comes first.

JenniferB
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
it's like the Mafia. Nobody gets out of CD-ing alive.

Sally24
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I've told my family that if I ever end up in a nursing home, I want to be put in with the women. I can think of nothing worse than having to try to talk about sports and whatever else with a bunch of old guys. Let me dress pretty and talk about family and baking and clothes all day with the ladies. And "passing" would be no problem.

So the answer is NO!... I will never get too old!

ArleneRaquel
09-12-2010, 09:55 PM
:2c:I'm 62 and I plan never to quit, but God may have other ideas.

DianeDeBris
09-12-2010, 10:33 PM
It is so much easier to blend in easily and comfortably as a more mature woman than trying to imitate a twenty-something with a perfect, prepregnancy body -- dressing like any other woman my age allows me essentially to be out and about in the world and draw no notice -- it's wonderful! (And, delightfully, as a woman I seem to present as 10 or even 15 years younger than my guy age!!!) Hgs -- Diane

Sophie86
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
This is a topic that I am not going to worry about. Circumstances will probably dictate what my CDing will be like when I am older (I am 72 now).

If I am able to continue, I hope I can do it with as much beauty, style and grace as you do. :)

Emma England
09-13-2010, 08:04 AM
If you get old enough so as not to be able to get dressed yourself, then you can always ask your carers to help you.

This applies whatever "gender" the clothing is.

melbournebobbi
09-13-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm never giving up. I love it too much

Bobbi

StaceyJane
09-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Now that I have accepted myself as a crossdresser I certainatly hope I will be a crossdresser for life.

JulieC
09-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know. To me, the idea of stopping in wearing femme clothes because of age is like declaring that past a certain age, women give up wearing femme clothes and wear men's clothes the rest of their lives. Not gonna happen.

Valerie1973
09-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks all, that felt great. The only thing that could make me stop is bad health. A wise gg friend once told me when you're 20 we worry who's looking, at 40 we don't care, and at 60 no one was ever looking. Best wishes -Valerie

Alice B
09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
At 68 I have no plans to quit. If I get to 95 I'll deal with it.

renee k
09-13-2010, 05:27 PM
I thought I would quit when I hit fifty. I'm going to turn sixty one in another month and I'm still going strong.

Renee

Kelly Blaine
09-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I am in my 60's and just did my toenails in bright red. I have a better shape then most GG's at this age. I am one of those women who will not give up fashion and start wearing loose fitting clothes.

Sara74
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I must ask myself that question every single day. And I have stopped in the past...many times in fact. Whether it was due to dating someone new and wanting to feel "normal" or just looking at myself in the mirror saying "what the hell are you doing?!?" It all keeps coming back and I am now starting to accept that this is who I am and who I will always be. Most of us didn't choose to be this way and want to dress, but it happened so we have to embrace it and be the best at it that we can, or live life being miserable by changing your mind every other day. I for one choose to start living life for ME and to do what makes me happy. So my answer is yes.... I will be doing this as long as I can, or until I hit the lottery and make Sara permanent!

Hugz n Kizzes

Krysta
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, when they pry my lipstick out of my cold rigid hand.

Mary, this is the best quote ever!!!!!!!!

27 here, yeah I kinda feel like this is something that i'm gonna die with, pretty early yet but hell ive got 20 years in so far!!!

Phyliss
09-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Am I gonna be a Cross Dresser for the rest of my life? Don't know, "the rest of my life" hasn't gotten here, ... yet. Not in any hurry to find out.
Already wear compression stockings. (they really aren't that bad looking these days)
Kinda feel comfortable in my gray wig.
Elasticized waist skirts are a growing item in my closet.
Do they make orthopedic shoes with 3" heels?

OMG the thought of being in "God's wharehouse ... waiting for the call" having to talk about "old man" stuff frightens me.

Like Valerie said, at 60 ...+ nobody "looks" and that's fine with me. "Look" just enough so you don't run me over with your pink electric scooter.

Starling
09-14-2010, 04:25 AM
I wish I'd felt freer, earlier, but I'm cruisin' along now--and I'm in it for the long haul.

:) Lallie

sometimes_miss
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Well, seeing as I'm in my 50's and still feel like I'm a 14 year old girl a lot of the time, I don't think that's ever going to change. I don't dress up for others; I do it to feel 'normal', even though by definition, it is not. I feel 'right' when I'm dressed; and will continue to spend much of my time dressing and behaving in many ways like a girl does (without the change in vocal patterns, or physical movements that come with the different skeletal and weight arrangements, I don't speak any differently or swish and sway, because my body doesn't naturally move like that). I'll be dressing til I die.

kimdl93
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I helped out at a senior event some months ago - the average age was probably 85. I can attest to the fact that as long as a GG feels well and remains active, she'll take every opportunity to dress to the nines, put on her make up and jewelry. I met lots of very mature ladies who, yes, they showed their age, but wore it with dignity and real beauty. Although I may fantasize about being a cute little 20-something, I really won't mind being a classy old lady one day!

Kelly Blaine
09-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I helped out at a senior event some months ago - the average age was probably 85. I can attest to the fact that as long as a GG feels well and remains active, she'll take every opportunity to dress to the nines, put on her make up and jewelry. I met lots of very mature ladies who, yes, they showed their age, but wore it with dignity and real beauty. Although I may fantasize about being a cute little 20-something, I really won't mind being a classy old lady one day!

Ditto!!!!

Anne Elizabeth
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
When I was 20 I thought that I would never be crossdressing at 30 and when I was 30 I figured that I would not be at 50 and here I am early 50's I believe it is here to stay.

Chickhe
09-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Are you asking if we are going to turn out looking like the old guys in a dress as we see in many movies?... I don't think so... all the old timers here are too good looking!

CalamityJane
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I can say that I have never given this any thought. I just live day to day as there is no certainty of tomorrow coming. Besides there is no known age limit to CDing so I figure that I shall carry on to the very end and thus live a happy and fulfilled life.

Michaella
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I suspect I will always want to dress femme, that there is no way I can simply stop, but I think I may already be at the point where I need to stop going out; I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Michaella

Inna
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Don't throw towels, or for that matter any bathroom accessories. As we age testosterone levels deplete drastically and for most who take care of their faces and body, which is a pretty common practice amongst our selves, we will look 100 times better as an old lady than an old man!

jazmine
09-14-2010, 06:49 PM
nah........I bet i look more like a woman once i get older. It seems as women and men get older, their gender lines get a little blured. With a little bit of work, a woman or man could pass as the opposite sex. It also seems to me that the voices between the two genders get closer together too. Now I would'nt go out in a short cocktail dress, but with some conservative age appropriate clothing, I bet i could move more freely & undetected as the opposite gender out in public than i do now. I don't know....maybe i'm just crazy.

Rachel2000
09-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I remember thinking about this when I was about 30 - 35 and that I would have very likely "grown out of it" by the time I was 50. I'm 53 now with no signs of slowing down.

charlie
09-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Hello Valerie!
I've tried quitting already...to no avail! I guess we will be doing this in our "Depends" and very long dresses (can't show the legs anymore) when we are 95.

PretzelGirl
09-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Why would I quit being me? Haven't most of us said that before? I will still be me no matter how old I get.

Starling
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
...I'm 53 now with no signs of slowing down.

...I will still be me no matter how old I get.

So far, the older I get, the more me-ish I become!

:heehee: Lallie

sherib
09-15-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't think that I will every stop. If I can't get dressed, I can at least lift a tube of lipstick.

BLUE ORCHID
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi Valerie

Blue wig,support hose& orthopedic shoes.

Orchid

joanne anderson
09-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Id love to continue for ever but having reached 67 and some health problems I have to be realistic that the day is coming when the white flag goes up and Joanne is finaly put to rest but until then I'll just keep rolling along.

Joanne

Fiona K
09-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Can't see me ever stopping.