PDA

View Full Version : the power of SCC

Tara1967
09-13-2010, 01:38 AM
We weren't going to go as some of you may know from past posts here. My wife changed her mind wednesday night around 10pm eastern time, I wasted not a minute after her change of heart. I had never been out of the house like this. I have yearned and litterally ached to go out and feel free. We rushed as fast as we could to load everything thursday morning. She insisted on driving for I might have to look away from stares down the freeway. After our luggage was in the car, I looked out to make sure the coast was clear for I was in full dress. No neighbors, we took off,, I sat low in the passenger side. Down the interstate I looked in the opposite direction from cars beside us. Suzie sugjested we stop at a rest stop and I said no, I'll hold it till we get there. So we did. I had hoped there wouldn't be many people out front and stare at me as I stepped out of the car right out front. But there were many out front, about 60 or so but I braved it and stepped out, letting go of my maleness and machoness, subconciously expecting snickers and jeers, but that didn't happen.
We walked in, I held my head high and proud of who I was. Finally stepping out and revealing who I really was for the public to see and having hidden it for for more than 50 years. The staff was so wonderful. After checking into our room, we went strolling about. I could walk up to anyone and start a conversation. It was like I knew them already, everyone was so nice and polite and helpful. I met so many from this site. My wife had so many reservations inside also, but she learned just as quickly as I did how wonderful this SCC was. I thought I had done it all. I got compliments from many. I did so many first's in my life for those 3 days. Actually talked to other cd's, it was like family. I walked hand in hand with my wife while dressed. She showed such love for me to let me go there. I sang karaoke while dressed, danced with fellow sisters while dressed. I felt so much a sense of belonging to a family. It was the fastest 3 days of sheer joy. I met so many sisters and made friends with many. I had many pics took of me and other sisters together. I was able to do at SCC what I cannot do in my town.
If I had gone to the first SCC, this would have been my 20th attendance. (love & respect).....Tara

Persephone
09-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Superb, Tara!

It sounds like you had a great time and that you and your spouse have developed a better bond.

Hugs,
Persephone.

AKAMichelle
09-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. You need to find some other opportunities to get out.

ReneeT
09-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Tara,
It was great to meet you and Suzy. You are two wonderful people, who i now count as friends! I am so happy you came! It's hard to believe that it's over for another year! I hope that this is just the first step for you and Suzy, that you are nw freer to expresss your true self.....

SuzanneBender
09-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Tara I am so glad that you and Suzy had a great time. I consider the SCC a wonderful warm blanket of sisterly and brother love among the transgender community. It is one of those events that takes forever to get here and then all of a sudden its gone in a flash. It sounds like you will be there again next year.:hugs:

Kayla Shadows
09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I havnt been there yet but I think I would like to check it out.I love being at events with other girls.Its like another world.The right one.Just keep doing it and hold your head up high.Never forget that being you is a good thing.People will look but who cares.Being yourself is not a bad thing.Yeah,Im kinda like whatever about things but thats how it should be.People will laugh,but Im just like,ok,yeah,I know.I cant take things too serious myself.I know that I am different than what people are used to,but I also know that it is ok :) I learned that the only thing I ever had to do was be me.