PDA

View Full Version : Strange outing, almost.

RachelPortugal
09-13-2010, 03:18 AM
I have had my youngest daughter staying with us for the past few days. As is normal on such occasions we get to play a lot of card and board games.

Her visit reminded me of an incident a few years ago when we we were spending Christmas at my eldest daughter's home. As was tradition, the Christmas host always provides a new, usually silly fun, board game. Well this particular year it was a game based upon the "Mr and Mrs" TV game show.

We sat around the table with my eldest daughter, her partner, his parents (future in-laws) and my youngest daughter with her boyfriend of the time.

So, midway through the game I was faced with a question for the male, "Have you ever worn womens' clothing?" I had to answer truthfully because my wife would do the same, that is the spirit of the game.

Well, the future in-laws looked a bit embarassed by my revelation until both my daughters (the youngest knew that I CD'ed) jumped in to explain that I had once volunteered to go up on stage at a holiday camp where the males ended up being dressed as a woman for some sort of fashion show/competition by the female assistants. To be honest, I had quite forgotten that event, but my daughters had not forgotten seeing their daddy on stage dressed as a woman.

I think that my youngest daughter was trying to protect me and the eldest was trying to make it clear to her future in-laws that their son would not be marrying into a family of weirdos.

Have any other been outed or almost outed in strange circumstances?

Danni Bear
09-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Rachael,

I was outed to the entire town,my family,friends,her family on my wedding day in 1969. This was done by my bride,my mother-in-law and my grandmother. It was probably one of the greatest days I've ever had. Unknown to me at that time was that they had made preperations ahead of time for it.

love
Danni

AKAMichelle
09-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Rachael,

I was outed to the entire town,my family,friends,her family on my wedding day in 1969. This was done by my bride,my mother-in-law and my grandmother. It was probably one of the greatest days I've ever had. Unknown to me at that time was that they had made preperations ahead of time for it.

love
Danni

I don't understand. How can being outed to the entire town be of the greatest days you have ever had?

P.S. Thankfully I have never been outed that way.

Chickhe
09-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I was on my wedding day too, well sort of... a photo of me in drag was added to our photo album. Lucky for me, I spotted it and removed it before the elder generation saw it. Back then I would have been very embarrased, now I wouldn't care so much. The good part about being outted or open about dressing up on halloween parties is you can say you dressed up and the people who know will defend you or tell the story... people who know you well will just say...'ya (yawn) that what he did' and people who have no idea will think it is 'cool'.

JulieC
09-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Rachael,

love
Danni

I'm with Michelle. I don't understand. This sounds like a fantastic story waiting to be posted here. Please do :)

Danni Bear
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Julie,
Part of my life story is posted here. It is in writers forum under A long time ago.

Danni